Asian and European Financial Crises Compared
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas Véron & Guntram B. Wolff, 2013.
"From supervision to resolution- next steps on the road to European banking union,"
- Nicolas Veron & Guntram B. Wolff, 2013. "From Supervision to Resolution: Next Steps on the Road to European Banking Union," Policy Briefs PB13-5, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Barkbu, Bergljot & Eichengreen, Barry & Mody, Ashoka, 2012.
"Financial crises and the multilateral response: What the historical record shows,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 422-435.
- Bergljot Barkbu & Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody, 2011. "Financial Crises and the Multilateral Response: What the Historical Record Shows," NBER Chapters, in: Global Financial Crisis, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Guntram B. Wolff, .
"An evaluation of IMF surveillance of the euro area,"
Bruegel, number 629, January.
- André Sapir & Jean Pisani-Ferry & Guntram Wolff, 2011. "An Evaluation of IMF Surveillance of the Euro Area," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/174277, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marcus Noland, 1996. "Restructuring Korea's Financial Sector for Greater Competitiveness," Working Paper Series WP96-14, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Adam Posen & Nicolas Véron, 2009. "A solution for Europe's banking problem," Policy Briefs 310, Bruegel.
- C. Fred Bergsten & Jacob Funk Kirkegaard, 2012. "The Coming Resolution of the European Crisis," Policy Briefs PB12-1, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-325, August.
- Takagi, Shinji, 2010. "Applying the Lessons of Asia: The IMF's Crisis Management Strategy in 2008," ADBI Working Papers 206, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- William R. Cline & Guntram B. Wolff, 2012. "Resolving the European Debt Crisis," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number sr21, July.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Levine, Ross, 2012. "Guardians of Finance: Making Regulators Work for Us," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262017393, December.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 2000. "International Financial Crises: Causes, Prevention, and Cures," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 1-16, May.
- Marcus Noland, 2000. "Avoiding the Apocalypse: The Future of the Two Koreas," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 94, July.
- Noland, Marcus, 2000. "The Philippines in the Asian Financial Crisis: How the Sick Man Avoided Pneumonia," MPRA Paper 55665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zsolt Darvas & Jean Pisani-Ferry & Guntram B. Wolff, 2013. "Europe's growth problem (and what to do about it)," Policy Briefs 776, Bruegel.
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1998. "Economic Crises: Evidence and Insights from East Asia," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 1-136.
- C. Randall Henning, 2011. "Coordinating Regional and Multilateral Financial Institutions," Working Paper Series WP11-9, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- C. Fred Bergsten & Jacob Funk Kirkegaard, 2012. "The Coming Resolution of the European Crisis: An Update," Policy Briefs PB12-18, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aparicio, Juan & Duran, Miguel A. & Lozano-Vivas, Ana & Pastor, Jesus T., 2018. "Are charter value and supervision aligned? A segmentation analysis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 60-73.
- Tiago Miguel Sá & Elisabete Duarte Neves & Cristina Gonçalves Góis, 2017. "The influence of corporate governance on changes in risk following the global financial crisis: evidence from the Portuguese stock market," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 21(4), pages 841-878, December.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial crises; Asian financial crises; European financial crises; International Monetary Fund; European Central Bank; crisis management; policy coordination; macroeconomic policies; banking policies;
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2013-11-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2013-11-02 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EEC-2013-11-02 (European Economics)
- NEP-FMK-2013-11-02 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MON-2013-11-02 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2013-11-02 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SEA-2013-11-02 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iie:wpaper:wp13-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iieeeus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.