A solution for Europe's banking problem
Nicolas Véron and Adam Posen believe Europe should build new long term European joint-action to face the likely high rising number of insolvent banks on the continent. The authors propose on the one hand, a centralised triage and restructuring process of bad European banks lead by a new temporary European Institution, a European Bank Support Authority (EBSA), and on the other hand, long-term EU Institutions dedicated to the completion of an integrated market.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hoshi, Takeo & Kashyap, Anil K, 2010.
"Will the U.S. bank recapitalization succeed? Eight lessons from Japan,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 398-417, September.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K Kashyap, 2008. "Will the U.S. Bank Recapitalization Succeed? Eight Lessons from Japan," NBER Working Papers 14401, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reint Gropp & Anil K Kashyap, 2010. "A New Metric for Banking Integration in Europe," NBER Chapters,in: Europe and the Euro, pages 219-246 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gropp, Reint & Kashyap, Anil K., 2008. "A New Metric for Banking Integration in Europe," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-102, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Reint Gropp & Anil Kashyap, 2009. "A New Metric for Banking Integration in Europe," NBER Working Papers 14735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tapking, Jens & Eisenschmidt, Jens, 2009. "Liquidity risk premia in unsecured interbank money markets," Working Paper Series 1025, European Central Bank.
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & Bruno van Pottelsberghe, 2009. "Handle with care! Post-crisis growth in the EU," Policy Briefs 301, Bruegel.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)