Financial crises and the multilateral response: What the historical record shows
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bergljot Barkbu & Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody, 2011. "Financial Crises and the Multilateral Response: What the Historical Record Shows," NBER Chapters,in: Global Financial Crisis National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Bordo & Barry Eichengreen & Daniela Klingebiel & Maria Soledad Martinez-Peria, 2001. "Is the crisis problem growing more severe?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 51-82, April.
- Oya Celasun & Xavier Debrun & Jonathan D. Ostry, 2006.
"Primary Surplus Behavior and Risks to Fiscal Sustainability in Emerging Market Countries: A "Fan-Chart" Approach,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 53(3), pages 1-3.
- Oya Celasun & Xavier Debrun & Jonathan David Ostry, 2006. "Primary Surplus Behavior and Risks to Fiscal Sustainability in Emerging Market Countries; A "Fan-Chart" Approach," IMF Working Papers 06/67, International Monetary Fund.
- Boughton, James M, 2000. "From Suez to Tequila: The IMF as Crisis Manager," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(460), pages 273-291, January.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ashoka Mody, 2004. "Do Collective Action Clauses Raise Borrowing Costs?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(495), pages 247-264, April.
- Suresh Sundaresan & Zhenyu Wang, 2010. "Design of contingent capital with a stock price trigger for mandatory conversion," Staff Reports 448, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Pennacchi, George & Vermaelen, Theo & Wolff, Christian C. P., 2014.
"Contingent Capital: The Case of COERCs,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(03), pages 541-574, June.
- Pennacchi, George G. & Vermaelen, Theo & Wolff, Christian C, 2010. "Contingent Capital: The Case for COERCs," CEPR Discussion Papers 8028, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christian Wolff & Theo Vermaelen & George Pennacchi, 2010. "Contingent Capital: The Case for COERCs," LSF Research Working Paper Series 10-08, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cassola, Nuno & Jorge, José, 2016. "The ECB's OMTs: A tale of governments, investors, and the central bank," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 94-116.
- Dungey, Mardi & Jacobs, Jan P.A.M. & Lestano,, 2015. "The internationalisation of financial crises: Banking and currency crises 1883–2008," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 29-47.
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Guntram B. Wolff, . "EU-IMF assistance to euro area countries: an early assessment," Blueprints, Bruegel, number 779, November.
- Xavier De Scheemaekere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2014. "Issues in Identifying Economic Crises: Insights from History," Working Papers CEB 14-014, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Belke, Ansgar & Gros, Daniel, 2016.
"Negative Rates and Seigniorage: Turning the central bank business model upside down? The special case of the ECB,"
11753, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Gros, Daniel, 2016. "Negative Rates and Seigniorage: Turning the central bank business model upside down? The special case of the ECB," CEPS Papers 11754, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Kevin Hjortshøj O'Rourke, 2015.
"Economic Impossibilities for our Grandchildren?,"
NBER Working Papers
21807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin Hjortshøj O’Rourke, 2015. "Economic Impossibilities For Our Granchildren?," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _139, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- O'Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj, 2015. "Economic impossibilities for our grandchildren?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sven Steinkamp & Frank Westermann, 2017.
"Multilateral Loans and Interest Rates: Further Evidence on the Seniority Conundrum,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 169-178, April.
- Sven Steinkamp & Frank Westermann, 2016. "Multilateral Loans and Interest Rates: Further Evidence on the Seniority Conundrum," CESifo Working Paper Series 6225, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sven Steinkamp & Frank Westermann, 2016. "Multilateral loans and interest rates: further evidence on the seniority conundrum," Working Papers 105, Institute of Empirical Economic Research, Osnabrueck University, revised 30 Nov 2016.
- Deborah Mabbett & Waltraud Schelkle, 2015. "What difference does Euro membership make to stabilization? The political economy of international monetary systems revisited," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 508-534, June.
- Consiglio, Andrea & Zenios, Stavros A., 2015. "The Case for Contingent Convertible Debt for Sovereignst," Working Papers 15-13, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Hubrich, Kirstin & Kremer, Manfred & Tetlow, Robert J., 2013. "Melting down: Systemic financial instability and the macroeconomy," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80487, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Consiglio, Andrea & Tumminello, Michele & Zenios, Stavros A., 2016. "Pricing Sovereign Contingent Convertible Debt," Working Papers 16-05, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Jung, Naeun & Moch, Stephen & Mody, Ashoka, 2014. "The Eurozone Crisis: Phoenix Miracle or Lost Decade?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, pages 288-308.
- Sven Steinkamp & Frank Westermann, 2014. "The role of creditor seniority in Europe's sovereign debt crisis," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 29(79), pages 495-552, July.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2013. "Asian and European Financial Crises Compared," Working Paper Series WP13-9, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Jung, Naeun & Moch, Stephen & Mody, Ashoka, 2014.
"The Eurozone Crisis: Phoenix Miracle or Lost Decade?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, pages 288-308.
- Barry Eichengreen & Naeun Jung & Stephen Moch & Ashoka Mody, 2013. "The eurozone crisis: phoenix miracle or lost decade?," Special Conference Papers 25, Bank of Greece.
- Fuest, Clemens & Heinemann, Friedrich & Schröder, Christoph, 2014. "A viable insolvency procedure for sovereigns (VIPS) in the euro area," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-053, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- ORASTEAN Ramona, 2014. "The Lending Arrangements Of The Imf In European Union In Times Of Crisis – Characteristics And Evolutions," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 9(1), pages 134-141, April.
- Gharyeni, Abdellatif & Jouili, Mustapha, 2015. "Dette extérieure et croissance économique dans les pays à revenu intermédiaire : Essai empirique
[External Debt and Economic Growth in the Middle-Income Countries :Empirical Test]," MPRA Paper 69122, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Jan 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial crises; IMF programs; Multilateral response;
- F0 - International Economics - - General
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:88:y:2012:i:2:p:422-435. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .