Crisis Management and Resolution; Early Lessons from the Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Luc Laeven & Harry Huizinga, 2009.
"Accounting discretion of banks during a financial crisis,"
IMF Working Papers
09/207, International Monetary Fund.
- Huizinga, H.P. & Laeven, L., 2009. "Accounting Discretion of Banks During a Financial Crisis," Discussion Paper 2009-58, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Huizinga, Harry & Laeven, Luc, 2009. "Accounting discretion of banks during a financial crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 7381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marc G Quintyn & David S. Hoelscher, 2003. "Managing Systemic Banking Crises," IMF Occasional Papers 224, International Monetary Fund.
- Djankov, Simeon & McLiesh, Caralee & Shleifer, Andrei, 2007.
"Private credit in 129 countries,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 299-329, May.
- Simeon Djankov & Caralee McLiesh & Andrei Shleifer, 2005. "Private Credit in 129 Countries," NBER Working Papers 11078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Djankov, Simeon & McLiesh, Caralee, 2007. "Private credit in 129 countries?," Scholarly Articles 27867134, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2014.
"This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 15(2), pages 215-268, November.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," CEMA Working Papers 595, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 13882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2009.
"An assessment of financial sector rescue programmes,"
Bank for International Settlements, number 48, december.
- Fabio Panetta & Thomas Faeh & Giuseppe Grande & Corrinne Ho & Michael King & Aviram Levy & Federico M. Signoretti & Marco Taboga & Andrea Zaghini, 2009. "An assessment of financial sector rescue programmes," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 47, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Philippe Aghion & David Hemous & Enisse Kharroubi, 2009.
"Credit Constraints, Cyclical Fiscal Policy and Industry Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
15119, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, Philippe & Hemous, David & Kharroubi, Enisse, 2014. "Credit Constraints, Cyclical Fiscal Policy and Industry Growth," Scholarly Articles 12585130, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Aghion, Philippe & Hemous, David & Kharroubi, Enisse, 2009. "Credit Constraints, Cyclical Fiscal Policy and Industry Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 7359, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christopher Crowe & Ellen E. Meade, 2007. "The Evolution of Central Bank Governance around the World," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 69-90, Fall.
- Nicolas Véron & Morris Goldstein, 2011. "Too big to fail: the transatlantic debate," Working Papers 495, Bruegel.
- Burkhard Drees & Ceyla Pazarbasioglu, 1995. "The Nordic Banking Crises; Pitfalls in Financial Liberalization?," IMF Working Papers 95/61, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bénétrix, Agustín S. & Lane, Philip R., 2013.
"Fiscal cyclicality and EMU,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 164-176.
- Agustín S. Bénétrix & Philip R. Lane, 2012. "Fiscal Cyclicality and EMU," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp403, IIIS.
- Jan Kolesnik, 2013. "Europejska unia bankowa – nowy wymiar ryzyka systemowego. (European Banking Union – a new dimension of systemic risk.)," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 11(42), pages 91-111.
- Iwanicz-Drozdowska, Małgorzata & Smaga, Paweł & Witkowski, Bartosz, 2016. "Bank restructuring in the EU: Which way to go?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 572-586.
- David Vera & Kazuki Onji & Prasanna Gai, 2014. "Are all financial crises created equal? Wholesale funding and two financial crises," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(27), pages 3284-3299, September.
- Daniel E. Nolle, 2012. "Global financial system reform: the Dodd-Frank Act and the G20 agenda," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 160-197, May.
- Juan Francisco Martínez & Daniel Oda, 2018. "Characterization of the Chilean Financial Cycle, Early Warning Indicators and Implications for Macro-Prudential Policies," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 823, Central Bank of Chile.
- repec:eee:poleco:v:55:y:2018:i:c:p:391-416 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hryckiewicz, Aneta, 2014. "What do we know about the impact of government interventions in the banking sector? An assessment of various bailout programs on bank behavior," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 246-265.
- Bicaba, Zorobabel & Kapp, Daniel & Molteni, Francesco, 2014.
"Stability periods between financial crises: The role of macroeconomic fundamentals and crises management policies,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 346-360.
- Zorobabel Bicaba & Daniel Kapp & Francesco Molteni, 2011. "Stability periods between financial crises: The role of macroeconomic fundamentals and crises management policies," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11064, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Zorobabel Bicaba & Daniel Kapp & Francesco Molteni, 2011. "Stability periods between financial crises : The role of macroeconomic fundamentals and crises management policies," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00639869, HAL.
- Luc Laeven & Fabian Valencia, 2018. "Systemic Banking Crises Revisited," IMF Working Papers 18/206, International Monetary Fund.
- Azusa Takeyama & Nick Constantinou & Dmitri Vinogradov, 2012. "Credit Risk Contagion and the Global Financial Crisis," IMES Discussion Paper Series 12-E-15, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Casper Christophersen & Juan Zschiesche, 2015. "Macroprudential Objectives and Instruments for Insurance – An Initial Discussion," EIOPA Financial Stability Report - Thematic Articles 5, EIOPA, Risks and Financial Stability Department.
- Brown, Martin & Lane, Philip R., 2011. "Debt overhang in emerging Europe ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5784, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial crises; Financial stability; Crisis management; Asset restructuring; Burden sharing; Moral hazard; Stress tests; resolution; too big to fail; financial institutions; recapitalization; balance sheets; financial crisis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfsdn:11/05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.