Reform of the Global Financial Architecture
This paper examines the implications of the global financial crisis of 2007-10 for reform of the global financial architecture, in particular the International Monetary Fund and the Financial Stability Board and their interaction. These two institutions are not fully comparable, but they must work more closely in the future to help prevent global financial crises. To this end, the paper identifies institutional and substantive reforms separately and in their joint work that would be desirable and appropriate.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1750 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20036-1903|
Web page: http://www.piie.com
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Burkhard Drees & Garry J. Schinasi & Charles Frederick Kramer & R. S Craig, 2001. "Modern Banking and OTC Derivatives Markets; The Transformation of Global Finance and its Implications for Systemic Risk," IMF Occasional Papers 203, International Monetary Fund.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Giovannini, Alberto, 2010.
"Central Banks and the Financial System,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7944, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2010. "The G-20 and International Financial Institution Governance," Working Paper Series WP10-13, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Gary B. Gorton, 2008.
"The Panic of 2007,"
NBER Working Papers
14358, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2008. "On What Terms Is the IMF Worth Funding?," Working Paper Series WP08-11, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2006.
"Strategy for IMF Reform, A,"
Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa77, February.
- Herrmann, Sabine & Mihaljek, Dubravko, 2010.
"The determinants of cross-border bank flows to emerging markets: New empirical evidence on the spread of financial crises,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2010,17, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Sabine Herrmann & Dubravko Mihaljek, 2010. "The determinants of cross-border bank flows to emerging markets: new empirical evidence on the spread of financial crises," BIS Working Papers 315, Bank for International Settlements.
- James B. Thomson, 2009. "On systemically important financial institutions and progressive systemic mitigation," Policy Discussion Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug, pages -.
- Aerdt Houben & Jan Kakes & Garry Schinasi, 2004. "Towards a framework for financial stability," DNB Occasional Studies 201, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2003. "Inflation Targeting in the World Economy," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 346, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iie:wpaper:wp10-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.