Regional and Global Monetary Cooperation
The increasing occurrence of national, regional, and global financial crises, together with their rising costs and complexity, have increased calls for greater regional and global monetary cooperation. This is particularly necessary in light of volatile capital flow movements that can quickly transmit crisis developments in individual countries to other countries around the world. Global financial safety nets (GFSNs) are one important area for monetary cooperation. This paper reviews the current situation of regional and global monetary cooperation, focusing on financial safety nets, with a view toward developing recommendations for more effective cooperation, especially between the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and regional financial arrangements (RFAs).
|Date of creation:||23 Feb 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: (81-3) 3593-5571
Web page: http://www.adbi.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barry Eichengreen, 2006.
"Insurance Underwriter or Financial Development Fund: What Role for Reserve Pooling in Latin America?,"
NBER Working Papers
12451, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2007. "Insurance Underwriter or Financial Development Fund: What Role for Reserve Pooling in Latin America?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 27-52, February.
- Masahiro Kawai, 2010.
"Reform Of The International Financial Architecture: An Asian Perspective,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 55(01), pages 207-242.
- Masahiro Kawai, 2010. "Reform of the International Financial Architecture: An Asian Perspective," Working Papers id:3066, eSocialSciences.
- Kawai, Masahiro, 2009. "Reform of the International Financial Architecture: An Asian Perspective," ADBI Working Papers 167, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Kawai, Masahiro & Petri, Peter & Sisli-Ciamarra, Elif, 2009.
"Asia in Global Governance: A Case for Decentralized Institutions,"
ADBI Working Papers
157, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Masahiro Kawai & Peter A. Petri & Elif Sisli Ciamarra, 2010. "Asia in Global Governance: A Case for Decentralized Institutions," Chapters, in: Asian Regionalism in the World Economy, chapter 13 Edward Elgar.
- Glick, Reuven & Rose, Andrew K., 1999.
"Contagion and trade: Why are currency crises regional?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 603-617, August.
- Reuven Glick & Andrew K. Rose, 1998. "Contagion and trade: why are currency crises regional?," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 98-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Reuven Glick & Andrew K. Rose, 1998. "Contagion and Trade: Why Are Currency Crises Regional?," NBER Working Papers 6806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glick, Reuven & Rose, Andrew K, 1998. "Contagion and Trade: Why are Currency Crises Regional," CEPR Discussion Papers 1947, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Unknown, 2010.
"Reform of the Global Financial Architecture,"
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Jean Pisani-Ferry & Yu Yongding, 2011.
"Reform of the International Monetary System: Some Concrete Steps,"
La Lettre du CEPII,
CEPII research center, issue 309.
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & Yongding Yu & AgnÃ¨s BÃ©nassy-QuÃ©rÃ©, 2011. "Reform of the international monetary system: Some concrete steps," Policy Contributions 516, Bruegel.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Hugh Davis)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.