Banking Nationalism on the Road to Banking Union
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Emiliano Grossman & Patrick Leblond, 2011. "European Financial Integration: Finally the Great Leap Forward?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 413-435, March.
- Howard Stein, 2010. "Financial liberalisation, institutional transformation and credit allocation in developing countries: the World Bank and the internationalisation of banking," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 257-273, March.
- David Howarth & Lucia Quaglia, 2013. "Banking Union as Holy Grail: Rebuilding the Single Market in Financial Services, Stabilizing Europe's Banks and ‘Completing’ Economic and Monetary Union," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51, pages 103-123, September.
- De Grauwe, Paul & Ji, Yuemei, 2013. "Strong Governments, Weak Banks," CEPS Papers 8646, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje Van Horen, 2014.
"Foreign Banks: Trends and Impact,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(s1), pages 295-326, February.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje van Horen, 2011. "Foreign Banks: Trends, Impact and Financial Stability," DNB Working Papers 330, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Mr. Stijn Claessens & Neeltje van Horen, 2012. "Foreign Banks: Trends, Impact and Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 2012/010, International Monetary Fund.
- Ilene Grabel, 2003. "Averting crisis? Assessing measures to manage financial integration in emerging economies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 317-336, May.
- Ruggie, John Gerard, 1982. "International regimes, transactions, and change: embedded liberalism in the postwar economic order," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 379-415, April.
- Barth,James R. & Caprio,Gerard & Levine,Ross, 2008. "Rethinking Bank Regulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521709309, October.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Brad Setser, 2004. "Bailouts or Bail-ins? Responding to Financial Crises in Emerging Economies," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 378, September.
- Frieden, Jeffry A., 1991. "Invested interests: the politics of national economic policies in a world of global finance," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(4), pages 425-451, October.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1996.
"Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195101133.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1992. "Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number eich92-1, June.
- Jean Pisani-Ferry & André Sapir & Nicolas Véron & Guntram B. Wolff, 2012. "What kind of European banking union?," Policy Contributions 731, Bruegel.
- Scharpf, Fritz W., 2013. "Political legitimacy in a non-optimal currency area," MPIfG Discussion Paper 13/15, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Nicolas Véron & Morris Goldstein, 2011. "Too big to fail- the transatlantic debate," Working Papers 495, Bruegel.
- Shawn Donnelly, 2014. "Power Politics and the Undersupply of Financial Stability in Europe," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 980-1005, August.
- Zdenek Kudrna, 2012. "Cross‐Border Resolution of Failed Banks in the European Union after the Crisis: Business as Usual," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 283-299, March.
- Emiliano Grossman & Cornelia Woll, 2014. "Saving the Banks: The Political Economy of Bailouts," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5adcidkke9o, Sciences Po.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elena Seghezza, 2016. "L’attribuzione della vigilanza bancaria alla BCE: un approccio di political economy," ECONOMIA E DIRITTO DEL TERZIARIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(3), pages 423-438.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rachel A. Epstein, 2014. "Assets or liabilities? The politics of bank ownership," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 765-789, August.
- Beck, Thorsten & De Jonghe, Olivier & Schepens, Glenn, 2013.
"Bank competition and stability: Cross-country heterogeneity,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 218-244.
- T. Beck & O. De Jonghe & G. Schepens, 2011. "Bank competition and stability: cross-country heterogeneity," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/732, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Chwieroth, Jeffrey & Walter, Andrew, 2015. "Great expectations, veto players, and the changing politics of banking crises," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60953, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje Van Horen, 2014.
"Location Decisions of Foreign Banks and Competitor Remoteness,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(1), pages 145-170, February.
- Claessens, Stijn & Van Horen, Neeltje, 2007. "Location decisions of foreign banks and competitive advantage," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4113, The World Bank.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje van Horen, 2008. "Location Decisions of Foreign Banks and Institutional Competitive Advantage," DNB Working Papers 172, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Hanna Lierse & Laura Seelkopf, 2016. "Room to Manoeuvre? International Financial Markets and the National Tax State," New Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 145-165, February.
- Yilmaz Akyüz, 2014. "Internationalization of Finance and Changing Vulnerabilities in Emerging and Developing Economies," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 217, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- De Haas, Ralph & Korniyenko, Yevgeniya & Pivovarsky, Alexander & Tsankova, Teodora, 2015. "Taming the herd? Foreign banks, the Vienna Initiative and crisis transmission," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 325-355.
- Beck, T.H.L. & De Jonghe, O.G. & Schepens, G., 2012.
"Bank Competition and Stability : Cross-country Heterogeneity (Revised version of CentER DP 2011-080),"
Other publications TiSEM
f600cdef-3c8b-4b85-9fed-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Beck, T.H.L. & De Jonghe, O.G. & Schepens, G., 2012. "Bank Competition and Stability : Cross-country Heterogeneity (Revised version of CentER DP 2011-080)," Discussion Paper 2012-085, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gerard Cornilleau & Jerome Creel, 2014. "Financialisation and the Financial and Economic Crises: The Case of France," FESSUD studies fstudy22, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Hasan Dinçer & Ozlem Olgu Akdeniz & Umit Hacioglu, 2018. "Competitive strategy selection in the European banking sector using a hybrid decision-making approach," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 213-242.
- Scott Urban, 2014. "Policy Options for the Euro: Heterodoxy Ahead," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 742-757, July.
- Amy Pond, 2018. "Protecting Property: The Politics of Redistribution, Expropriation, and Market Openness," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 181-210, July.
- Michael A. Witt, 2019. "De-globalization: Theories, predictions, and opportunities for international business research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 50(7), pages 1053-1077, September.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Alan M. Taylor, 2013. "Cross of Euros," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 27(3), pages 167-192, Summer.
- Sébastien Commain, 2021. "‘Don’t Crunch My Credit’: Member State Governments’ Preferences on Bank Capital Requirements," Politics and Governance, Cogitatio Press, vol. 9(2), pages 196-207.
- Chwieroth, Jeffrey & Walter, Andrew, 2020. "Great expectations, financialization and bank bailouts in democracies," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 102749, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Molyneux, Philip & Nguyen, Linh H. & Xie, Ru, 2013. "Foreign bank entry in South East Asia," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 26-35.
- Adrian Babin, 2015. "Home-Host Banking Issues and Non-Core Funding—Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 447-477, July.
- Malgorzata Olszak & Mateusz Pipien & Iwona Kowalska & Sylwia Roszkowska, 2015. "The impact of capital on lending in publicly-traded and privately- held banks in the EU," Faculty of Management Working Paper Series 72015, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management.
- Dani Rodrik, 2018. "Populism and the economics of globalization," Journal of International Business Policy, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 1(1), pages 12-33, June.
More about this item
Keywordssupranationalism; protectionism; regulation; fiscal policy; European Central Bank; European Commission;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erp:kfgxxx:p0061. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.transformeurope.eu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sasan ABDI (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.transformeurope.eu/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.