International Student Mobility and High-Skilled Migration: The Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baruch, Yehuda & Budhwar, Pawan S. & Khatri, Naresh, 2007. "Brain drain: Inclination to stay abroad after studies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 99-112, March.
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry & Ries, John, 2010.
"The erosion of colonial trade linkages after independence,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 1-14, May.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer & John Ries, 2008. "The erosion of colonial trade linkages after independence," Working Papers hal-01066116, HAL.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer & John Ries, 2008. "The erosion of colonial trade linkages after independence," Sciences Po publications 6951, Sciences Po.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer & John Ries, 2011. "The erosion of colonial trade linkages after independence," Post-Print hal-01024396, HAL.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer & John Ries, 2011. "The erosion of colonial trade linkages after independence," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/c8dmi8nm4pd, Sciences Po.
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry & Ries, John, 2008. "The Erosion of Colonial Trade Linkages After Independence," CEPR Discussion Papers 6951, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thierry Mayer & Keith Head & John Ries, 2008. "The Erosion of Colonial Trade Linkages after Independence," Working Papers 2008-27, CEPII research center.
- Bob Anderton, 1997. "UK Labour Market Reforms and Sectoral Wage Formation," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 121, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frédéric & Özden, Çaglar, 2011.
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 30-41, May.
- Beine, Michel & Docquier, Frederic & Ozden, Caglar, 2009. "Diasporas," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4984, The World Bank.
- Michel BEINE & Frederic DOCQUIER & Caglar OZDEN, 2009. "Diasporas," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2009002, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Caglar Özden, 2009. "Diasporas," CESifo Working Paper Series 2607, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Çaglar Özden, 2009. "Diasporas," CREA Discussion Paper Series 09-15, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Hatton, Timothy J., 2004. "Emigration from the UK, 1870 1998," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 149-171, August.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2007.
"Measuring International Skilled Migration: A New Database Controlling for Age of Entry,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 249-254, June.
- Michel Beine & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2007. "Measuring international skilled migration: a new database controlling for age of entry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10411, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ximena Clark & Timothy J. Hatton & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2007. "Explaining U.S. Immigration, 1971-1998," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(2), pages 359-373, May.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2006.
"The Log of Gravity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 641-658, November.
- Santos Silva, Joao & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The log of gravity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3744, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Joao Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0701, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEPR Discussion Papers 5311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dreher, Axel & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011.
"Foreign Students and Migration to the United States,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1294-1307, August.
- Dreher, Axel & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011. "Foreign students and migration to the United States," Munich Reprints in Economics 20044, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Moshe Justman & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 2000.
"Local Public Funding of Higher Education When Skilled Labor is Imperfectly Mobile,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(3), pages 247-258, May.
- JUSTMAN , Moshe & THISSE, Jacques-FranÃ§ois, 2000. "Local public funding of higher education when skilled labor is imperfectly mobile," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1460, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Frédéric Docquier & B. Lindsay Lowell & Abdeslam Marfouk, 2009. "A Gendered Assessment of Highly Skilled Emigration," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 35(2), pages 297-321.
- Pedersen, Peder J. & Pytlikova, Mariola & Smith, Nina, 2008. "Selection and network effects--Migration flows into OECD countries 1990-2000," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1160-1186, October.
- Thomas Lange, 2009. "Public Funding of Higher Education when Students and Skilled Workers are Mobile," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 65(2), pages 178-199, June.
- Grogger, Jeffrey & Hanson, Gordon H., 2011.
"Income maximization and the selection and sorting of international migrants,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 42-57, May.
- Jeffrey Grogger & Gordon H. Hanson, 2008. "Income Maximization and the Selection and Sorting of International Migrants," NBER Working Papers 13821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Levatino, Antonina, 2015. "Transnational higher education and skilled migration: Evidence from Australia," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 106-116.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; education; international student mobility; brain drain; panel data; Poisson model;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ifowps:_132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifooode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.