The Political Economics of Higher-Education Finance for Mobile Individuals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Rainald Borck & Silke Übelmesser & Martin Wimbersky, 2012. "The Political Economics of Higher Education Finance for Mobile Individuals," CESifo Working Paper Series 3877, CESifo Group Munich.
- Übelmesser, Silke & Borck, Rainald & Wimbersky, Martin, 2013. "The Political Economics of Higher Education Finance for Mobile Individuals," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79717, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bevia, Carmen & Iturbe-Ormaetxe, Inigo, 2002.
" Redistribution and Subsidies for Higher Education,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(2), pages 321-340, June.
- Carmen Bevia & I?go Iturbe-Ormaetxe, "undated". "Redistribution and Subsidies for Higher Education," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 475.01, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Iñigo Iturbe Ormaetxe & Carmen Beviá, 2000. "Redistribution And Subsidies For Higher Education," Working Papers. Serie AD 2000-15, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Baruch, Yehuda & Budhwar, Pawan S. & Khatri, Naresh, 2007. "Brain drain: Inclination to stay abroad after studies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 99-112, March.
- Gabrielle Demange & Robert Fenge & Silke Uebelmesser, 2014.
"Financing Higher Education in a Mobile World,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 16(3), pages 343-371, June.
- Gabrielle Demange & Robert Fenge & Silke Übelmesser, 2012. "Financing Higher Education in a Mobile World," CESifo Working Paper Series 3849, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gabrielle Demange & Robert Fenge & Silke Uebelmesser, 2014. "Financing Higher Education in a Mobile World," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00979116, HAL.
- Panu Poutvaara, 2003. "Educating Europe," Public Economics 0302008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panu Poutvaara, 2008.
"Public and Private Education in an Integrated Europe: Studying to Migrate and Teaching to Stay?,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 110(3), pages 591-608, September.
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2008. "Public and private education in an integrated Europe: Studying to migrate and teaching to stay?," Munich Reprints in Economics 19802, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Del Rey, Elena & Racionero, María, 2010.
"Financing schemes for higher education,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 104-113, March.
- Maria Racionero & Elena Del Rey, 2006. "Financing schemes for higher education," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2006-460, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- DEL REY, Elena & RACIONERO, Maria, 2010. "Financing schemes for higher education," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2181, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Creedy, John & Francois, Patrick, 1990. "Financing higher education and majority voting," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 181-200, November.
- Katz, Lawrence F. & Autor, David H., 1999. "Changes in the wage structure and earnings inequality," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 26, pages 1463-1555 Elsevier.
- Panu Poutvaara, 2004.
"Educating Europe: Should Public Education be Financed with Graduate Taxes or Income-contingent Loans?,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 50(4), pages 663-684.
- Poutvaara, Panu, 2004. "Educating Europe: Should Public Education be Financed with Graduate Taxes or Income-contingent Loans?," Munich Reprints in Economics 19296, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Dreher, Axel & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011.
"Foreign Students and Migration to the United States,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1294-1307, August.
- Dreher, Axel & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011. "Foreign students and migration to the United States," Munich Reprints in Economics 20044, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Moshe Justman & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 2000.
"Local Public Funding of Higher Education When Skilled Labor is Imperfectly Mobile,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(3), pages 247-258, May.
- JUSTMAN , Moshe & THISSE, Jacques-FranÃ§ois, 2000. "Local public funding of higher education when skilled labor is imperfectly mobile," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1460, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Thomas Lange, 2009. "Public Funding of Higher Education when Students and Skilled Workers are Mobile," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 65(2), pages 178-199, June.
- Dan Anderberg & Alessandro Balestrino, 2008. "The Political Economy of Post-Compulsory Education Policy with Endogenous Credit Constraints," CESifo Working Paper Series 2304, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rainald Borck & Martin Wimbersky, 2014. "Political economics of higher education finance," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(1), pages 115-139, January.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E., 1996. "Ends against the middle: Determining public service provision when there are private alternatives," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 297-325, November.
- Garcia-Penalosa, Cecilia & Walde, Klaus, 2000. "Efficiency and Equity Effects of Subsidies to Higher Education," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(4), pages 702-722, October.
- Johnson, George E, 1984. "Subsidies for Higher Education," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(3), pages 303-318, July.
- Raquel Fernandez & Richard Rogerson, 1995. "On the Political Economy of Education Subsidies," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(2), pages 249-262.
- Marcel Gerard, 2007. "Financing Bologna: Which Country will Pay for Foreign Students?," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 441-454.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lewis Evans & Neil Quigley, 2013. "Intergenerational Contracts and Time Consistency: Implications for Policy Settings and Governance in the Social Welfare System," Treasury Working Paper Series 13/25, New Zealand Treasury.
More about this item
Keywordsvoting; higher education; financing scheme; mobility;
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mhr:finarc:urn:sici:0015-2218(201503)71:1_82:tpeohf_2.0.tx_2-p. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Wolpert). General contact details of provider: https://www.mohrsiebeck.com/fa .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.