The Value of EU Agricultural Landscape
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Marangon, Francesco & Visintin, Francesca, 2007.
"Rural landscape valuation in a cross-border region,"
Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR),
INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 84.
- Francesco Marangon & Francesca Visintin, 2007. "Rural landscape valuation in a cross-border region," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 84, pages 113-132.
- Francesco Marangon & Francesca Visintin, 2007. "Rural landscape valuation in a cross-border region," Post-Print hal-01201150, HAL.
- Meyerhoff, Jürgen & Liebe, Ulf, 2010. "Determinants of protest responses in environmental valuation: A meta-study," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 366-374, December.
- Moran, Dominic & McVittie, Alistair & Allcroft, David J. & Elston, David A., 2007. "Quantifying public preferences for agri-environmental policy in Scotland: A comparison of methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 42-53, June.
- Bergstrom, John C. & Dillman, B. L. & Stoll, John R., 1985.
"Public Environmental Amenity Benefits of Private Land: The Case of Prime Agricultural Land,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 139-149, July.
- Bergstrom, John C. & Dillman, B.L. & Stoll, John R., 1985. "Public Environmental Amenity Benefits Of Private Land: The Case Of Prime Agricultural Land," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Bennett, Jeffrey W. & van Bueren, Martin & Whitten, Stuart M., 2004.
"Estimating society's willingness to pay to maintain viable rural communities,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(3), September.
- Jeff Bennett & Martin van Bueren & Stuart Whitten, 2004. "Estimating society's willingness to pay to maintain viable rural communities," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(3), pages 487-512, September.
- Barrio, Melina & Loureiro, Maria L., 2010. "A meta-analysis of contingent valuation forest studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1023-1030, March.
- Douglas Noonan, 2003. "Contingent Valuation and Cultural Resources: A Meta-Analytic Review of the Literature," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 27(3), pages 159-176, November.
- Hoehn, John P & Randall, Alan, 1989. "Too Many Proposals Pass the Benefit Cost Test," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 544-551, June.
- V. Smith & Subhrendu Pattanayak, 2002. "Is Meta-Analysis a Noah's Ark for Non-Market Valuation?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 271-296, June.
- Arriaza BalmÃ³n, Manuel & Gomez-Limon, Jose Antonio & Kallas, Zein & Nekhay, Olexandr, 2008. "Demand for non-commodity outputs from mountain olive groves," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 9(1), January.
- Pruckner, Gerald J, 1995. "Agricultural Landscape Cultivation in Austria: An Application of the CVM," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 22(2), pages 173-190.
- Rosenberger, Randall S. & Walsh, Richard G., 1997. "Nonmarket Value Of Western Valley Ranchland Using Contingent Valuation," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(02), December.
- Schlapfer, Felix & Roschewitz, Anna & Hanley, Nick, 2004. "Validation of stated preferences for public goods: a comparison of contingent valuation survey response and voting behaviour," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 1-16, November.
- Ian Bateman & Ian Langford, 1997. "Non-users' Willingness to Pay for a National Park: An Application and Critique of the Contingent Valuation Method," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(6), pages 571-582.
- Zein Kallas & José A. Gómez-Limón & Jesús Barreiro Hurlé, 2007. "Decomposing the Value of Agricultural Multifunctionality: Combining Contingent Valuation and the Analytical Hierarchy Process," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 218-241, June.
- Mary Jo Kealy & Robert W. Turner, 1993. "A Test of the Equality of Closed-Ended and Open-Ended Contingent Valuations," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(2), pages 321-331.
- Bowker, James Michael & Didychuk, D.D., 1994. "Estimation Of The Nonmarket Benefits Of Agricultural Land Retention In Eastern Canada," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 23(2), October.
- G. D. Garrod & K. G. Willis, 1995. "Valuing The Benefits Of The South Downs Environmentally Sensitive Area," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 160-173.
- Luke Brander & Raymond Florax & Jan Vermaat, 2006. "The Empirics of Wetland Valuation: A Comprehensive Summary and a Meta-Analysis of the Literature," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 33(2), pages 223-250, February.
- Nick Hanley & Douglas MacMillan & Robert E. Wright & Craig Bullock & Ian Simpson & Dave Parsisson & Bob Crabtree, 1998. "Contingent Valuation Versus Choice Experiments: Estimating the Benefits of Environmentally Sensitive Areas in Scotland," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 1-15.
- Ekin Birol & Phoebe Koundouri, "undated".
"Choice Experiments Informing Environmental Policy:A European Perspective,"
DEOS Working Papers
0801, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Birol, Ekin & Koundouri, Phoebe, 2008. "Choice Experiments Informing Environmental Policy:A European Perspective," MPRA Paper 38232, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smith, V Kerry & Huang, Ju-Chin, 1995. "Can Markets Value Air Quality? A Meta-analysis of Hedonic Property Value Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 209-227, February.
- Lindhjem, Henrik, 2007.
"20 years of stated preference valuation of non-timber benefits from Fennoscandian forests: A meta-analysis,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 251-277, February.
- Lindhjem, Henrik, 2006. "20 years of stated preference valuation of non-timber benefits from Fennoscandian forests: A meta-analysis," MPRA Paper 11467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Russ Kashian & Mark Skidmore, 2002. "Preserving Agricultural Land via Property Assessment Policy and the Willingness to Pay for Land Preservation," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 16(1), pages 75-87, February.
- Marangon, Francesco & Troiano, Stefania & Visintin, F., 2008. "The economic value of olive plantation in rural areas. A study on a hill region between Italy and Slovenia," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44412, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Peter Kennedy, 2003. "A Guide to Econometrics, 5th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 5, volume 1, number 026261183x, January.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Knut Per Hasund & Mitesh Kataria & Carl Johan Lagerkvist, 2011. "Valuing public goods of the agricultural landscape: a choice experiment using reference points to capture observable heterogeneity," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(1), pages 31-53.
- Villa, Ferdinando & Wilson, Matthew A. & de Groot, Rudolf & Farber, Steven & Costanza, Robert & Boumans, Roelof M. J., 2002. "Designing an integrated knowledge base to support ecosystem services valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 445-456, June.
- Begona Alvarez-Farizo, 1999. "Estimating the Benefits of Agri-environmental Policy: Econometric Issues in Open-ended Contingent Valuation Studies," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 23-43.
- Schlapfer, Felix, 2006. "Survey protocol and income effects in the contingent valuation of public goods: A meta-analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 415-429, May.
- Yrjola, Tapani & Kola, Jukka, 2004. "Consumer Preferences Regarding Multifunctional Agriculture," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 7(02).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krajčírová Renáta & Ferenczi Vaňová Alexandra & Munk Michal, 2016. "Agricultural Land and Land Tax – Significant Indicators of Agriculture Business Activities in the Slovak Republic," European Countryside, De Gruyter Open, vol. 8(2), pages 98-108, June.
- Å½Ã¡kovÃ¡ KroupovÃ¡, Zdenka & HavlÃkovÃ¡, M. & HÃ¡lovÃ¡, P. & MalÃ½, M., 2016. "Economic Valuation of Mountain Landscapes and Ecosystems: A Meta-Analysis of Case Studies," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 8(3), September.
- Sandhu, Harpinder S. & Crossman, Neville D. & Smith, F. Patrick, 2012. "Ecosystem services and Australian agricultural enterprises," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 19-26.
More about this item
Keywordslandscape; benefit transfer; WTP; Consumer/Household Economics; Environmental Economics and Policy; Public Economics; Q51; Q41;
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-05-07 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2011-05-07 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2011-05-07 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea11:102727. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.