Exchange Rate Misalignment and Its Effects on Agricultural Producer Support Estimates: Empirical Evidence from India and China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joannes Mongardini, 1998. "Estimating Egypt’s Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate," IMF Working Papers 98/5, International Monetary Fund.
- John Cady, 2003. "The Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate of the Malagasy Franc; Estimation and Assessment," IMF Working Papers 03/28, International Monetary Fund.
- Claudio A Paiva, 2001. "Competitiveness and the Equilibrium Exchange Rate in Costa Rica," IMF Working Papers 01/23, International Monetary Fund.
- Morris Goldstein, 2004. "Adjusting China's Exchange Rate Policies," Working Paper Series WP04-1, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Hinkle, Lawrence E. & Monteil, Peter J. (ed.), 1999. "Exchange Rate Misalignment: Concepts and Measurement for Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195211269.
- Bojnec, Stefan & Swinnen, Johan F. M., 1997. "The pattern of agricultural price distortions in Central and Eastern Europe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 289-306, August.
- Valerie Cerra & Sweta Chaman Saxena, 2002. "What Caused the 1991 Currency Crisis in India?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 49(3), pages 1-5.
- Mullen, Kathleen & Sun, Dongsheng & Orden, David & Gulati, Ashok, 2004. "Producer Support Estimates (PSEs) for agriculture in developing countries," MTID discussion papers 74, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Baffes, John & Elbadawi, Ibrahim A. & O'Connell, Stephen A., 1997. "Single-equation estimation of the equilibrium real exchange rate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1800, The World Bank.
- Matthew Harley, 1996. "Use of the Producer Subsidy Equivalent as a Measure of Support to Agriculture in Transition Economies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 799-804.
- Krueger, Anne O & Schiff, Maurice & Valdes, Alberto, 1988. "Agricultural Incentives in Developing Countries: Measuring the Effect of Sectoral and Economywide Policies," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 2(3), pages 255-271, September.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard, 1998. "Capital inflows, external shocks, and the real exchange rate," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 713-740, October.
- John Williamson, 1994. "Estimating Equilibrium Exchange Rates," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 17.
- Johan Mathisen, 2003. "Estimation of the Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate for Malawi," IMF Working Papers 03/104, International Monetary Fund.
- Virginie Coudert & Cécile Couharde, 2005. "Real Equilibrium Exchange Rate in China," Working Papers 2005-01, CEPII research center.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim A & Soto, Raimundo, 1997.
"Real Exchange Rates and Macroeconomic Adjustment in Sub-Saharan Africa and Other Developing Countries,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(3), pages 74-120, Supplemen.
- Ibrahim A. Elbadawi & Raimundo Soto, "undated". "Real Exchange Rates and Macroeconomic Adjustment in Sub-Sahara Africa and Other Developing Countries," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv093, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Shick, Olga, 2002. "Adjustment of Conventional PSE's Methodology for Economy in Transition," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24780, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mullen, Kathleen & Orden, David & Gulati, Ashok, 2005. "Agricultural policies in India," MTID discussion papers 82, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- William M. Liefert & David J. Sedik & Robert B. Koopman & Eugenia Serova & Olga Melyukhina, 1996. "Producer Subsidy Equivalents for Russian Agriculture: Estimation and Interpretation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 792-798.
- Elbadawi, Ibrahim A. & Soto, Raimundo, 1994. "Capital flows and long-term equilibrium real exchange rates in Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1306, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Demirdöğen, Alper, 2011.
"Tarımsal Korumacılık, Korumacılığın Ölçümü ve Türkiye
[Agricultural Protectionism, Its Measurement and Turkey]," MPRA Paper 35083, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:pra:mprapa:25503 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jongwanich, Juthathip, 2009. "Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate, Misalignment, and Export Performance in Developing Asia," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 151, Asian Development Bank.
- Hewitt, Joanna, 2008. "Impact evaluation of research by the International Food Policy Research Institute on agricultural trade liberalization, developing countries, and WTO's Doha negotiations:," Impact assessments 28, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea05:19121. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.