China's foreign exchange policies since 1979: A review of developments and an assessment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Donald J Mathieson & Liliana Rojas-Suárez, 1992.
"Liberalization of the Capital Account; Experiences and Issues,"
IMF Working Papers
92/46, International Monetary Fund.
- Liliana Rojas-Suárez & Donald J Mathieson, 1993. "Liberalization of the Capital Account; Experiences and Issues," IMF Occasional Papers 103, International Monetary Fund.
- Falvey, Rodney E & Gemmell, Norman, 1991. "Explaining Service-Price Differences in International Comparisons," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1295-1309, December.
- Lardy,Nicholas R., 1992. "Foreign Trade and Economic Reform in China," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521414951, March.
- Bela Balassa, 1964. "The Purchasing-Power Parity Doctrine: A Reappraisal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 584-584.
- David Burton & Wanda S Tseng & Kalpana Kochhar & Hoe Ee Khor & Dubravko Mihaljek, 1994. "Economic Reform in China; A New Phase," IMF Occasional Papers 114, International Monetary Fund.
- Claudia Echeverria & Salim M. Darbar & R. B. Johnston, 1997. "Sequencing Capital Account Liberalization; Lessons From the Experiences in Chile, Indonesia, Korea, and Thailand," IMF Working Papers 97/157, International Monetary Fund.
- Warwick J. McKibbin & K. K. Tang, 2000.
"Trade and Financial Reform in China: Impacts on the World Economy,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(8), pages 979-1003, August.
- Warwick J McKibbin & K K Tang, 1998. "The Global Economic Impacts of Trade and Financial Reform in China," Departmental Working Papers 1998-08, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics, revised Sep 1998.
- Joshua E. Greene & Peter Isard, 1991. "Currency Convertibility and the Transformation of Centrally Planned Economies," IMF Occasional Papers 81, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael W. Bell & Kalpana Kochhar & Hoe Ee Khor, 1993. "China at the Threshold of a Market Economy," IMF Occasional Papers 107, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert A. Mundell, 1962. "The Appropriate Use of Monetary and Fiscal Policy for Internal and External Stability," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 9(1), pages 70-79, March.
- Diaz-Alejandro, Carlos, 1985. "Good-bye financial repression, hello financial crash," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 1-24.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Alan M. Taylor, 1998.
"The Great Depression as a Watershed: International Capital Mobility over the Long Run,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Defining Moment: The Great Depression and the American Economy in the Twentieth Century, pages 353-402
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, Maurice & Taylor, Alan M., 1997. "The Great Depression as a Watershed: International Capital Mobility over the Long Run," CEPR Discussion Papers 1633, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Alan M. Taylor, 1997. "The Great Depression as a Watershed: International Capital Mobility over the Long Run," NBER Working Papers 5960, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Summers & Alan Heston, 1991. "The Penn World Table (Mark 5): An Expanded Set of International Comparisons, 1950–1988," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 327-368.
- Marc G Quintyn & Bernard J Laurens & Hassanali Mehran & Tom Nordman, 1996. "Monetary and Exchange System Reforms in China; An Experiment in Gradualism," IMF Occasional Papers 141, International Monetary Fund.
- Gunter, Frank R., 1996. "Capital flight from the People's Republic of China: 1984-1994," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 77-96.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sebastian Dullien, 2005. "Measuring China's Fiscal Policy Stance," Macroeconomics 0502032, EconWPA.
- Lu, Ding, 2004. "China's capability to control its exchange rate," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 343-347.
- Kwack, Sung Yeung & Ahn, Choong Y. & Lee, Young S. & Yang, Doo Y., 2007. "Consistent estimates of world trade elasticities and an application to the effects of Chinese Yuan (RMB) appreciation," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 314-330, April.
- Maria Jesus Herrerias & Vicente Orts, 2011. "The driving forces behind China’s growth," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 19(1), pages 79-124, January.
- Gunter, Frank R., 2017. "Corruption, costs, and family: Chinese capital flight, 1984–2014," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 105-117.
- Dilem Yıldırım & Ethem Erdem Orman, 2016. "The Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle in the Presence of Structural Breaks: Evidence from China," ERC Working Papers 1601, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jan 2016.
- Huayu Sun & Yue Ma, 2005. "Balance of Payments Surplus and Renminbi Revaluation Pressure," Working Papers 032005, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Granville, Brigitte & Mallick, Sushanta & Zeng, Ning, 2011. "Chinese exchange rate and price effects on G3 import prices," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 427-440.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:14:y:2003:i:3:p:246-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .