La paridad de poder adquisitivo: concepto y evolución histórica
En este trabajo hemos tratado el concepto de paridad de poder adquisitivo y analizado la evolución de la misma siguiendo la sucesión cronológica de los distintos períodos temporales. Los distintos planteamientos que se han realizado en la teoría de la paridad de poder adquisitivo pueden explicar el funcionamiento y cumplimiento de la misma teoría pero no han logrado justificar que los tipos de cambio estén de manera permanente ajustados a la paridad de la moneda. Esto será, sin duda, el punto de partida para obtener nuevos conversores para muchas de las magnitudes económicas que están expresadas en distintas unidades monetarias. In this paper we have dealt with the concept of purchasing power parity and analized its evolution throughout the chronological succession of different periods of time. The diferent frameworks that have been established within the theory of purchasing power parity may explain that functioning and application of the theory itself but they have not been able to justify the fact that exchange rates should be permanently subjected to the parity of currency. This will be, without a doubt, thje starting point for establishing new converters for many of economic magnituds that are expressed in different monetary units.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 9 (1998)
Issue (Month): (Junio)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (34) 983 423320
Fax: (34) 983 184568
Web page: http://www.revista-eea.net
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.revista-eea.net Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark P. Taylor, 2003. "Purchasing Power Parity," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 436-452, 08.
- Beckerman, Wilfred & Bacon, Robert, 1970. "International Comparisons of Income Levels: an Additional Measure: Reply," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 80(318), pages 418-20, June.
- Leland B. Yeager, 1958. "A Rehabilitation of Purchasing-Power Parity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 516.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1978. "Purchasing power parity and exchange rates : Another look at the evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 397-407, August.
- Kim, Yoonbai, 1990. "Purchasing Power Parity in the Long Run: A Cointegration Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(4), pages 491-503, November.
- Marris, Robin, 1984. "Comparing the Incomes of Nations: A Critique of the International Comparison Project," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 40-57, March.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1984. "Second Thoughts on Analytical Income Comparisons," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(374), pages 267-78, June.
- Enders, Walter & Hurn, Stan, 1994. "Theory and Tests of Generalized Purchasing-Power Parity: Common Trends and Real Exchange Rates in the Pacific Rim," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 179-90, June.
- Bela Balassa, 1964. "The Purchasing-Power Parity Doctrine: A Reappraisal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 584.
- James M. Holmes, 1967. "The Purchasing-Power-Parity Theory: In Defense of Gustav Cassel as a Modern Theorist," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 686.
- Mark Rush & Steven Husted, 1985. "Purchasing Power Parity in the Long Run," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(1), pages 137-45, February.
- Falvey, Rodney E & Gemmell, Norman, 1991. "Explaining Service-Price Differences in International Comparisons," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1295-309, December.
- Beach, Elsworth D. & Cottrell, Nancy H. & Uri, Noel D., 1993. "Relative Purchasing Power Parity under Fixed and Flexible Exchange Rates," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 46(1), pages 4-32.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lrk:eeaart:9_2_5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beatriz Rodríguez Prado)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.