Migration and the Sending Economy: A Disaggregated Rural Economy-Wide Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Taylor, J. Edward & Dyer, George, 2006. "Migration and the Sending Economy: A Disaggregated Rural Economy Wide Analysis," Working Papers 190913, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, J. Edward, 1992.
"Remittances and inequality reconsidered: Direct, indirect, and intertemporal effects,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 187-208, April.
- Taylor, J. Edward, 1991. "Remittances And Inequality Reconsidered; Direct, Indirect, And Intertemporal Effects," Working Papers 225864, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Taylor, J. Edward & Dyer, George A. & Yunez-Naude, Antonio, 2005. "Disaggregated Rural Economywide Models for Policy Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1671-1688, October.
- Holden, Stein T. & Taylor, J. Edward & Hampton, Stephen, 1999. "Structural adjustment and market imperfections: a stylized village economy-wide model with non-separable farm households," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(01), pages 69-87, February.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-1417, November.
- Pyatt, F Graham & Round, Jeffery I, 1979. "Accounting and Fixed Price Multipliers in a Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(356), pages 850-873, December.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, May.
- Kaivan Munshi, 2003. "Networks in the Modern Economy: Mexican Migrants in the U. S. Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 549-599.
- Lucas, Robert E B, 1987. "Emigration to South Africa's Mines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 313-330, June.
- J. Edward Taylor & Scott Rozelle & Alan deBrauw, 1999. "Migration, Remittances, and Agricultural Productivity in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 287-291, May.
- Faini,Riccardo C. & de Melo,Jaime & Zimmermann,Klaus (ed.), 1999. "Migration," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521662338, May.
- Stone, Richard, 1986. "Nobel Memorial Lecture 1984: The Accounts of Society," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 5-28, January.
- Massey, Douglas S., 2005. "Worlds in Motion: Understanding International Migration at the End of the Millennium," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199282760.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karla Borja, 2014. "Social Capital, Remittances and Growth," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 26(5), pages 574-596, December.
- Karam Fida, 2010.
"When Migrant Remittances Are Not Everlasting: How Can Morocco Make Up?,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-38, July.
- Fida Karam, 2008. "When migrant remittances are not everlasting, how can Morocco make up ?," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne bla08081, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Fida Karam, 2008. "When Migrant Remittances Are Not Everlasting, How Can Morocco Make Up?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00304885, HAL.
- Fida Karam, 2008. "When Migrant Remittances Are Not Everlasting, How Can Morocco Make Up ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00344833, HAL.
- Melissa SIEGEL & Jennifer WAIDLER, 2012.
"Migration and multi-dimensional poverty in Moldovan communities,"
Eastern Journal of European Studies,
Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 3, pages 105-119, December.
- Siegel, Melissa & Waidler, Jennifer, 2012. "Migration and multi-dimensional poverty in Moldovan communities," MERIT Working Papers 077, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Fida Karam, 2008. "When Migrant Remittances Are Not Everlasting, How Can Morocco Make Up?," Working Papers hal-00304885, HAL.
- Filipski, Mateusz & Aboudrare, Abdellah & Lybbert, Travis J. & Taylor, J. Edward, 2015. "Spice Price Spikes: Simulating Gendered Impacts of a Saffron Boom and Bust in Rural Mexico," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 229066, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Michael Christian Lehman, 2014. "Long-Run Effects Of Conditional Cash Transfers," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 223, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Theodore Gerber & Karine Torosyan, 2013. "Remittances in the Republic of Georgia: Correlates, Economic Impact, and Social Capital Formation," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(4), pages 1279-1301, August.
- Filipski, Mateusz & Aboudrare, Abdellah & Lybbert, Travis J. & Taylor, J. Edward, 2017. "Spice Price Spikes: Simulating Impacts of Saffron Price Volatility in a Gendered Local Economy-Wide Model," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 84-99.
- Dyer, George A. & Taylor, J. Edward, 2011. "The Corn Price Surge: Impacts on Rural Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1878-1887.
- J. Edward Taylor & Karen Thome, 2012.
"A Methodology for Local Economy-wide Impact Evaluation (LEWIE) of Cash Transfers,"
183, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- J. Edward Taylor, 2012. "A Methodology for Local Economy-Wide Impact Evaluation (LEWIE) of Cash Transfers," Working Papers 99, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Murshed Chowdhury, 2016. "Financial Development, Remittances and Economic Growth: Evidence Using a Dynamic Panel Estimation," Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 10(1), pages 35-54, February.
- Filipski, Mateusz & Edward Taylor, J. & Msangi, Siwa, 2011. "Effects of Free Trade on Women and Immigrants: CAFTA and the Rural Dominican Republic," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1862-1877.
- SHI, Xiaoping & HEERINK, Nico & QU, Futian, 2009. "The role of off-farm employment in the rural energy consumption transition -- A village-level analysis in Jiangxi Province, China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 350-359, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:45:y:2009:i:6:p:966-989. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.