Remittances And Inequality Reconsidered; Direct, Indirect, And Intertemporal Effects
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Taylor, J. Edward, 1992. "Remittances and inequality reconsidered: Direct, indirect, and intertemporal effects," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 187-208, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded, 1982. "Research on rural-to-urban migration in LDCs: The confusion frontier and why we should pause to rethink afresh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 63-70, January.
- Adams, Richard H., Jr., 1991. "The effects of international remittances on poverty, inequality, and development in rural Egypt:," Research reports 86, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1986. "Remittances and Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 722-740, September.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1988. "Migration, remittances and inequality : A sensitivity analysis using the extended Gini index," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 309-322, May.
- Lucas, Robert E B, 1987. "Emigration to South Africa's Mines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 313-330, June.
- Knowles, James C. & Anker, Richard, 1981. "An analysis of income transfers in a developing country : The case of Kenya," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 205-226, April.
- J. Edward Taylor, 1987. "Undocumented Mexico—U.S. Migration and the Returns to Households in Rural Mexico," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 69(3), pages 626-638.
- Lerman, Robert I & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1985. "Income Inequality Effects by Income," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 151-156, February.
- Graham Pyatt & Chau-nan Chen & John Fei, 1980. "The Distribution of Income by Factor Components," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(3), pages 451-473.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Taylor, J. Edward & Wyatt, TJ, 1992. "Migration, Assets and Income Inequality in a Diversified Household-Farm Economy: Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 232415, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Ijaz Rehman & Nurul Mahdzan, 2014.
"Linkages between income inequality, international remittances and economic growth in Pakistan,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 1511-1535, May.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Ur Rehman, Ijaz & Ahmad Mahdzan, Nurul Shahnaz, 2013. "Linkages between Income Inequality, International Remittances and Economic Growth in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 45577, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Mar 2013.
- Diego Battistón, 2010. "Remesas y Migración Internacional en América Latina: Simulación de los Efectos en la Pobreza y la Desigualdad," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0110, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Taylor, J. Edward & Mora, Jorge & Adams, Richard H., Jr., 2005.
"Remittances, Inequality and Poverty: Evidence from Rural Mexico,"
2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI
19245, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Taylor, J. Edward & Mora, Jorge & Adams, Richard H., Jr. & Lopez-Feldman, Alejandro, 2005. "Remittances, Inequality and Poverty: Evidence from Rural Mexico," Working Papers 60287, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- I-Ling Shen & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2010.
"Remittances and inequality: a dynamic migration model,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(2), pages 197-220, June.
- Docquier, Frédéric & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003. "Remittances and Inequality: A Dynamic Migration Model," IZA Discussion Papers 808, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2003. "Remittances and Inequality: A Dynamic Migration Model," Working Papers 2003-05, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Frederic, DOCQUIER & Hillel, RAPOPORT & I-Leng Shen, 2007. "Remittances and inequality : A dynamic migration model," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2007003, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques.
- Frederic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport & I-Ling Shen, 2006. "Remittances and inequality: A dynamic migration model," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0614, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Nigussie Abadi & Ataklti Techane & Girmay Tesfay & Daniel Maxwell & Bapu Vaitla, 2018. "The impact of remittances on household food security: A micro perspective from Tigray, Ethiopia," WIDER Working Paper Series 040, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Severini, Simone & Tantari, Antonella, 2014. "The contribution of different off-farm income sources and government payments to regional income inequality among farm households in Italy," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 3(2), pages 1-17, August.
- J. Taylor & T.J. Wyatt, 1996. "The shadow value of migrant remittances, income and inequality in a household‐farm economy," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(6), pages 899-912.
- Severini, Simone & Tantari, A., 2012. "How direct payments and their reform have affected farm income inequality in Italy?," 2012 First Congress, June 4-5, 2012, Trento, Italy 124099, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Babulo, Bedru & Muys, Bart & Nega, Fredu & Tollens, Eric & Nyssen, Jan & Deckers, Jozef & Mathijs, Erik, 2009. "The economic contribution of forest resource use to rural livelihoods in Tigray, Northern Ethiopia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 123-131, March.
- Maëlan LE GOFF & Christian EBEKE, 2009.
"Why Migrants' Remittances Reduce Income Inequality in some Countries and not in Others?,"
- Christian Hubert Ebeke & Maëlan Le Goff, 2011. "Why Migrants' Remittances Reduce Income Inequality in some Countries and not in Others?," Working Papers halshs-00554277, HAL.
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, in: S. Kolm & Jean Mercier Ythier (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Giving, Altruism and Reciprocity, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 17, pages 1135-1198, Elsevier.
- Severini, Simone & Tantari, Antonella, 2014. "How do different off-farm income sources affect income inequality among farm households?," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182843, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Paul, Satya, 2004. "Income sources effects on inequality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 435-451, February.
- Severini, Simone & Tantari, Antonella, 2013. "The effect of the EU farm payments policy and its recent reform on farm income inequality," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 212-227.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- Nong Zhu & Xubei Luo, 2010. "The impact of migration on rural poverty and inequality: a case study in China," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 191-204, March.
- Nigussie Abadi & Ataklti Techane & Girmay Tesfay & Daniel Maxwell & Bapu Vaitla, 2018. "The impact of remittances on household food security: A micro perspective from Tigray, Ethiopia," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2018-40, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Quang Tran, Tuyen & Viet Nguyen, Thanh, 2018. "Forestland and household welfares in North Central Provinces, Vietnam," MPRA Paper 88823, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Feb 2018.
- Qiming Liu & Barry Reilly, 2004. "Income transfers of Chinese rural migrants: some empirical evidence from Jinan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(12), pages 1295-1313.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ucdavw:225864. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/daucdus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.