The Impact of Rising Ethanol Production on the Brazilian Market for Basic Food Commodities: An Econometric Assessment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Zilberman & Gal Hochman & Deepak Rajagopal & Steve Sexton & Govinda Timilsina, 2013. "The Impact of Biofuels on Commodity Food Prices: Assessment of Findings," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(2), pages 275-281.
- Brian D. Wright, 2012.
"International Grain Reserves And Other Instruments to Address Volatility in Grain Markets,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 27(2), pages 222-260, August.
- Wright, Brian, 2009. "International grain reserves and other instruments to address volatility in grain markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5028, The World Bank.
- Teresa Serra & David Zilberman & José Gil, 2011.
"Price volatility in ethanol markets,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 259-280, June.
- Serra, Teresa & Zilberman, David, 2009. "Price volatility in ethanol markets," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49188, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Serra, Teresa & Zilberman, David, 2009. "Price volatility in ethanol markets," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 49940, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Crago, Christine L. & Khanna, Madhu & Barton, Jason & Giuliani, Eduardo & Amaral, Weber, 2010.
"Competitiveness of Brazilian sugarcane ethanol compared to US corn ethanol,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7404-7415, November.
- Crago, Christine Lasco & Khanna, Madhu & Barton, Jason & Giuliani, Eduardo & Amaral, Weber, 2010. "Competitiveness of Brazilian Sugarcane Ethanol Compared to US Corn Ethanol," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 60895, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- de Gorter, Harry & Drabik, Dusan & Kliauga, Erika M. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2013.
"An economic model of Brazil's ethanol-sugar markets and impacts of fuel policies,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6524, The World Bank.
- Drabik, Dusan & de Gorter, Harry & Just, David R. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2014. "An Economic Model of Brazil’s Ethanol-Sugar Markets and Impacts of Fuel Policies," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182709, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Pavel Vavra & Barry K. Goodwin, 2005. "Analysis of Price Transmission Along the Food Chain," OECD Food, Agriculture and Fisheries Papers 3, OECD Publishing.
- Brian D. Wright, 2011. "The Economics of Grain Price Volatility," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 33(1), pages 32-58.
- Harvey, Mark & Pilgrim, Sarah, 2011. "The new competition for land: Food, energy, and climate change," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(S1), pages 40-51.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Kancs, d'Artis, 2011.
"Food, energy and environment: Is bioenergy the missing link?,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 571-580, October.
- Pavel Ciaian & d'Artis Kancs, 2011. "Food, Energy and Environment : is Bioenergy the missing link?," LICOS Discussion Papers 29211, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Hettinga, W.G. & Junginger, H.M. & Dekker, S.C. & Hoogwijk, M. & McAloon, A.J. & Hicks, K.B., 2009. "Understanding the reductions in US corn ethanol production costs: An experience curve approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 190-203, January.
- Seo, Byeongseon, 2007. "Asymptotic distribution of the cointegrating vector estimator in error correction models with conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 68-111, March.
- Andrade de Sá, Saraly & Palmer, Charles & di Falco, Salvatore, 2013.
"Dynamics of indirect land-use change: Empirical evidence from Brazil,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 377-393.
- Palmer, Charles & Di Falco, Salvatore, 2012. "Dynamics of indirect land-use change: empirical evidence from Brazil," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 44835, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Saraly Andrade de Sá & Charles Palmer & Salvatore Di Falco, 2013. "Dynamics of Indirect Land-Use Change: Empirical Evidence from Brazil," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 13/170, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Saraly Andrade de S� & Charles Palmer & Salvatore Di Falco, 2012. "Dynamics of indirect land-use change: empirical evidence from Brazil," GRI Working Papers 74, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Harvey, Mark & Pilgrim, Sarah, 2011. "The new competition for land: Food, energy, and climate change," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(Supplemen), pages 40-51, January.
- Derek Headey & Shenggen Fan, 2008.
"Anatomy of a crisis: the causes and consequences of surging food prices,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(s1), pages 375-391, November.
- Headey, Derek & Fan, Shenggen, 2008. "Anatomy of a crisis: The causes and consequences of surging food prices," IFPRI discussion papers 831, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Catherine Hausman & Maximilian Auffhammer & Peter Berck, 2012. "Farm Acreage Shocks and Crop Prices: An SVAR Approach to Understanding the Impacts of Biofuels," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 53(1), pages 117-136, September.
- Hochman, Gal & Rajagopal, Deepak & Timilsina, Govinda & Zilberman, David, 2011. "The role of inventory adjustments in quantifying factors causing food price inflation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5744, The World Bank.
- Piroli, Giuseppe & Ciaian, Pavel & Kancs, d'Artis, 2012.
"Land use change impacts of biofuels: Near-VAR evidence from the US,"
Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 98-109.
- Giuseppe Piroli & Pavel Ciaian & d'Artis Kancs, 2011. "Land Use Change Impacts of Biofuels: Near-VAR Evidence from the US," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2011_11, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Catherine Hausman, 2012. "Biofuels and Land Use Change: Sugarcane and Soybean Acreage Response in Brazil," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(2), pages 163-187, February.
- Kristoufek, Ladislav & Janda, Karel & Zilberman, David, 2012. "Correlations between biofuels and related commodities before and during the food crisis: A taxonomy perspective," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1380-1391.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural land; Biofuels; Fixed effects models; Panel data; Staple commodities;
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:64:y:2016:i:3:d:10.1007_s10640-015-9881-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.