Regime-dependent topological properties of biofuels networks
In this paper, we analyze the relationships between biodiesel, ethanol and related fuels and agricultural commodities with a use of minimal spanning trees and hierarchical trees. To distinguish between short term and long term effects, we construct the trees for different frequencies (weekly, monthly and quarterly). At lower frequencies, the system splits into two well separated branches – a fuels part and a food part. Biodiesel tends to the fuels branch and ethanol to the food branch. We especially concentrate on the links and comovements between the commodities for different stages of the market based on the level of prices of important commodities or groups of commodities. Such approach uncovers some more interesting results and, in general, confirms the separation of network into fuels and food for majority of analyzed cases. Copyright EDP Sciences, SIF, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 86 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://publications.edpsciences.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/10051|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Drabik, Dusan & de Gorter, Harry & Just, David R., 2010.
"The Implications of Alternative Biofuel Policies on Carbon Leakage,"
126975, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Drabik, Dusan & de Gorter, Harry & Just, David R., 2010. "The Implications of Alternative Biofuel Policies on Carbon Leakage," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 102689, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Drabik, Dusan & de Gorter, Harry & Just, David R., 2011. "The Implications of Alternative Biofuel Policies on Carbon Leakage," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114432, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rajcaniova, Miroslava & Drabik, Dusan & Ciaian, Pavel, 2011.
"International Interlinkages of Biofuel Prices: The Role of Biofuel Policies,"
2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland
114786, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rajcaniova, Miroslava & Drabik, Dusan & Ciaian, Pavel, 2011. "International Interlinkages of Biofuel Prices: The Role of Biofuel Policies," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103222, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- R.E. Bailis & B.S. Koeb & M.W.J.L. Sanders, 2011. "Reducing Fuel Volatility - An Additional Benefit From Blending Bio-fuels?," Working Papers 11-01, Utrecht School of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:eurphb:v:86:y:2013:i:2:p:1-12:10.1140/epjb/e2012-30871-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.