Rising Global Interest in Farmland : Can it Yield Sustainable and Equitable Benefits?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2009. "Awakening Africa's Sleeping Giant : Prospects for Commercial Agriculture in the Guinea Savannah Zone and Beyond [Le réveil du géant assoupi : Perspectives de l’agriculture commerciale dans les sava," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 2640, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2015.
"What Drives the Global "Land Rush"?,"
The World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 29(2), pages 207-233.
- Mr. Harris Selod & KLAUS DEININGER & Mr. Rabah Arezki, 2011. "What Drives the Global Land Rush?," IMF Working Papers 2011/251, International Monetary Fund.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2013. "What Drives the Global "Land Rush"?," OxCarre Working Papers 120, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2015. "What Drives the Global “Land Rush”?," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) hal-01203031, HAL.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2011. "What Drives the Global Land Rush?," OxCarre Working Papers 072, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2015. "What Drives the Global “Land Rush”?," Post-Print hal-01203031, HAL.
- Arezki, Rabah & Deininger, Klaus & Selod, Harris, 2011. "What drives the global"land rush"?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5864, The World Bank.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2011. "What Drives the Global Land Rush?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3666, CESifo.
- Rabah Arezki & Klaus Deininger & Harris Selod, 2011. "What Drives the Global Land Rush?," Working Papers 663, Economic Research Forum, revised 12 Jan 2011.
- Abdul Nafeo Abdulai & Awudu Abdulai, 2016. "Allocative and scale efficiency among maize farmers in Zambia: a zero efficiency stochastic frontier approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(55), pages 5364-5378, November.
- Yongjun Zhao, 2013. "China–Africa development cooperation in the rural sector: an exploration of land tenure and investments linkages for sustainable resource use," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 355-366, April.
- María Alderete & Miguel Bacic, 2012. "The impact of inter-firm networks on regional development: the case of Mendoza’s wine cluster," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 76, pages 177-213.
- Ahlerup, Pelle & Tengstam, Sven, 2015. "Do the land-poor gain from agricultural investments? Empirical evidence from Zambia using panel data," Working Papers in Economics 624, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Daniele Guidi, 2011. "Sustainable Agriculture Enterprise: Framing Strategies to Support Smallholder Inclusive Value Chains for Rural Poverty Alleviation," CID Working Papers 53, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Derek Byerlee & Klaus Deininger, 2013.
"The Rise of Large Farms in Land-Abundant Countries: Do They Have a Future?,"
Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Stein T. Holden & Keijiro Otsuka & Klaus Deininger (ed.), Land Tenure Reform in Asia and Africa, chapter 14, pages 333-353,
- Deininger, Klaus & Byerlee, Derek, 2012. "The Rise of Large Farms in Land Abundant Countries: Do They Have a Future?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 701-714.
- Deininger, Klaus & Byerlee, Derek, 2011. "The rise of large farms in land abundant countries : do they have a future ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5588, The World Bank.
- Douillet, Mathilde, 2012. "Trade policy reforms in the new agricultural context: Is regional integration a priority for Sub-Saharan African countries agricultural-led industrialization? Insights from a global computable general," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126546, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Shankland, Alex & Gonçalves, Euclides, 2016. "Imagining Agricultural Development in South–South Cooperation: The Contestation and Transformation of ProSAVANA," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 35-46.
- Müller, Marc & Sanfo, Safietou & Laube, Wolfram, 2013. "Impact of Changing Seasonal Rainfall Patterns on Rainy-Season Crop Production in the Guinea Savannah of West Africa," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150412, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ragasa, Catherine & Lambrecht, Isabel & Kufoalor, Doreen S., 2018.
"Limitations of Contract Farming as a Pro-poor Strategy: The Case of Maize Outgrower Schemes in Upper West Ghana,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 30-56.
- Ragasa, Catherine & Lambrecht, Isabel & Kufoalor, Doreen S., 2017. "Limitations of contract farming as a pro-poor strategy: The case of maize outgrower schemes in upper West Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 1626, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- German, Laura A. & Bonanno, Anya M. & Foster, Laura Catherine & Cotula, Lorenzo, 2020. "“Inclusive business” in agriculture: Evidence from the evolution of agricultural value chains," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- John Murray McIntire, 2014. "Transforming African Agriculture," Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies, Emerging Markets Forum, vol. 6(2), pages 145-179, May.
- Jayne, T.S. & Mason, Nicole M. & Burke, William J. & Ariga, Joshua, 2016.
"Agricultural Input Subsidy Programs in Africa: An Assessment of Recent Evidence,"
Food Security International Development Working Papers
245892, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jayne, T.S. & Mason, Nicole M. & Burke, William J. & Ariga, Joshua, 2016. "Agricultural Input Subsidy Programs In Africa: An Assessment Of Recent Evidence," Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Papers 259509, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security (FSP).
- Sarah Ann Wheeler & Alec Zuo & Henning Bjornlund & Makarius Victor Mdemu & Andre van Rooyen & Paiva Munguambe, 2017. "An overview of extension use in irrigated agriculture and case studies in south-eastern Africa," International Journal of Water Resources Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 755-769, September.
- Nanhthavong, Vong & Bieri, Sabin & Nguyen, Anh-Thu & Hett, Cornelia & Epprecht, Michael, 2022. "Proletarianization and gateways to precarization in the context of land-based investments for agricultural commercialization in Lao PDR," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 155(C).
- Hans P. Binswanger-Mkhize & Alex F. McCalla & Praful Patel, 2010. "Structural Transformation and African Agriculture," Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies, Emerging Markets Forum, vol. 2(2), pages 113-152, May.
- Nolte, Kerstin & Ostermeier, Martin, 2017. "Labour Market Effects of Large-Scale Agricultural Investment: Conceptual Considerations and Estimated Employment Effects," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 430-446.
- Paul C. Samboko & Cliff Dlamini, 2017. "Institutional arrangements for biofuel feedstock production in Zambia," WIDER Working Paper Series 054, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Boone, Catherine & Bado, Brice & Mah Dion, Aristide & Irigo, Zibo, 2021. "Push, pull, and push-back to land certification: regional dynamics in pilot certification projects in Côte d'Ivoire," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 107532, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsRural Development - Rural Land Policies for Poverty Reduction Rural Development - Rural Development Knowledge & Information Systems Finance and Financial Sector Development - Banks & Banking Reform Agriculture - Agricultural Research Environment - Environmental Economics & Policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:2263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tal Ayalon (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.