Analysis of Price Transmission Along the Food Chain
The interest in marketing margins and price transmission has recently gained remarkable momentum and the amount of studies on this subject is rapidly growing. There is a myriad of questions about prices and margins investigated by these studies, yet new questions are surfacing as markets and business practices change with an impressive speed. Wohlgenant (2001), in his survey on marketing margins, identifies some of the questions puzzling researchers and policy makers alike. For example: Are marketing margins too large? Why are margins different among products? How have...
|Date of creation:||01 Nov 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2 rue Andre Pascal, 75775 Paris Cedex 16|
Phone: 33-(0)-1-45 24 82 00
Fax: 33-(0)-1-45 24 85 00
Web page: http://www.oecd.org
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- Karikallio, Hanna, 2015. "Cross-commodity Price Transmission and Integration of the EU Livestock Market of Pork and Beef: Panel Time-series Approach," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211832, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Guerrero Santiago & Juárez-Torres Miriam & Sámano Daniel & Kochen Federico & Puigvert Jonathan, 2016. "Price Transmission in Food and Non-Food Product Markets: Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2016-18, Banco de México.
- Johnson, Carrie Lu, 2014. "Analysis of Commodity Market Integration In the Uganda Maize Market," Master's Theses 196707, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Ikudayisi, Adesola Adebola & Salman, Kabir Kayode, 3. "Spatial Integration Of Maize Market In Nigeria Â€“ A Vector Error Correction Model," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 2(3).
- Lodovico Muratori, 2016. "Price Gap along the Ugandan Coffee Value Chain," Working Papers 1/16, Sapienza University of Rome, DISS.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2010. "The Global Food Crisis and Guatemala: What Crisis and for Whom?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1328-1339, September.
- Cacchiarelli, Luca & Lass, D. A. & Sorrentino, A., 2013. "CAP reform and price transmission in the pasta chain," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149925, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Fousekis, Panos & Katrakilidis, Constantinos & Trachanas, Emmanouil, 2016. "Vertical price transmission in the US beef sector: Evidence from the nonlinear ARDL model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 499-506.
- Holst, Carsten & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan, 2010. "Einfluss Des Schweinezyklus Auf Die Preistransmission Zwischen Ferkel- Und Schlachtschweinepreisen In Niedersachsen," 50st Annual Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, September 29-October 1, 2010 93951, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Ahmed, Osama & Serra, Teresa, 2015. "Vertical Price Transmission in the Egyptian Tomato Sector After the Arab Spring," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212523, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Karantininis, Kostas & Katrakylidis, Kostas & Persson, Morten, 2011. "Price Transmission in the Swedish Pork Chain: Asymmetric non linear ARDL," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114772, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ahmed, Osama & Serra, Teresa, 2015. "Evaluate the economic consequences of revenue insurance programs in Spain using copula models. The case of orange and apple," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212522, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Pede, Valerien O. & Valera, Harold Glenn A. & Alam, Mohammad Jahangir & McKenzie, Andrew M., 2013. "Nonlinearities in Regional Rice Prices in the Philippines: Evidence from a Smooth Transition Autoregressive (STAR) Approach," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150246, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Stavrakoudis, Athanassios & Panagiotou, Dimitrios, 2016. "Price dependence between coffee qualities: a copula model to evaluate asymmetric responses," MPRA Paper 75994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosa, Franco & Weaver, Robert D. & Vasciaveo, Michela, 2015.
"Structural Changes and Dairy Chain Efficiency in Italy,"
International Journal on Food System Dynamics,
International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 6(3).
- Weaver, Robert D. & Rosa, Franco, 2016. "Structural change and dairy chain efficiency in Italy," 149th Seminar, October 27-28, 2016, Rennes, France 245113, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Li, Xile & Saghaian, Sayed, 2013. "An Empirical Comparison of Coffee Price Transmission in Vietnam and Colombia," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150625, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Anelise Rahmeier Seyffarth, 2016. "The Impact of Rising Ethanol Production on the Brazilian Market for Basic Food Commodities: An Econometric Assessment," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(3), pages 511-536, July.
- Djuric, Ivan, 2014. "Impact of policy measures on wheat-to-bread supply chain during the global commodity price peaks: The case of Serbia," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 76, number 76.
- Loy, Jens-Peter & Holm, Thore & Steinhagen, Carsten & Glauben, Thomas, 2014. "Cost Pass-Through In Differentiated Product Markets: A Disaggregated Study For Milk And Butter," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 169762, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Jensen, Jørgen Dejgård & Smed, Sinne, 2013. "The Danish tax on saturated fat – Short run effects on consumption, substitution patterns and consumer prices of fats," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 18-31.
- Petra Bubáková, 2012. "Agricultural Prices of Pork at the Regional Level and the Law of One Price," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(1), pages 39-51.
- Braha, Kushtrim & Rajcaniova, Miroslava & Qineti, Artan, 2015. "Spatial Price Transmission and Food Security: The case of Kosovo," 2015 Fourth Congress, June 11-12, 2015, Ancona, Italy 207843, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Araujo-Encisco, Sergio, 2011. "Analisis de transmision de precios entre los mercados de maiz mexicanos y el mercado estadounidense: metodos lineales y no lineales," Revista EspaÃ±ola de Estudios Agrosociales y Pesqueros, Ministerio de Medio Ambiente, Rural y Marino (formerly Ministry of Agriculture), issue 229.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:agraaa:3-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed