Biofuels and Land Use Change: Sugarcane and Soybean Acreage Response in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- William Lin & Robert Dismukes, 2007.
"Supply Response under Risk: Implications for Counter-Cyclical Payments' Production Impact,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(1), pages 64-86.
- William Lin & Robert Dismukes, 2007. "Supply Response under Risk: Implications for Counter-Cyclical Payments' Production Impact," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(1), pages 64-86.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Lucio Picci & Antonello E. Scorcu, 2000. "Saving, Growth, and Investment: A Macroeconomic Analysis Using a Panel of Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 182-211, May.
- Gurgel Angelo & Reilly John M & Paltsev Sergey, 2007. "Potential Land Use Implications of a Global Biofuels Industry," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-36, December.
- Stock, James H & Wright, Jonathan H & Yogo, Motohiro, 2002. "A Survey of Weak Instruments and Weak Identification in Generalized Method of Moments," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 518-529, October.
- Kiviet, Jan F., 1995.
"On bias, inconsistency, and efficiency of various estimators in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 53-78, July.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LSDVC: RATS procedure to estimate a dynamic FE model with correction for bias," Statistical Software Components RTS00111, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Nerlove, Marc & Bessler, David A., 2001. "Expectations, information and dynamics," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 155-206 Elsevier.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Alexander Pfaff & Juan Robalino & Robert Walker & Steven Aldrich & Marcellus Caldas & Eustaquio Reis & Stephen Perz & Claudio Bohrer & Eugenio Arima & William Laurance & Kathryn Kirby, 2007. "Road Investments, Spatial Spillovers, And Deforestation In The Brazilian Amazon," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 109-123.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
- Pirotte, Alain, 1999. "Convergence of the static estimation toward the long run effects of dynamic panel data models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 151-158, May.
- Askari, Hossein & Cummings, John Thomas, 1977. "Estimating Agricultural Supply Response with the Nerlove Model: A Survey," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 257-292, June.
- Banerjee, Anindya, 1999. " Panel Data Unit Roots and Cointegration: An Overview," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 607-629, Special I.
- Judson, Ruth A. & Owen, Ann L., 1999. "Estimating dynamic panel data models: a guide for macroeconomists," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 9-15, October.
- Kelvin Balcombe & George Rapsomanikis, 2008. "Bayesian Estimation and Selection of Nonlinear Vector Error Correction Models: The Case of the Sugar-Ethanol-Oil Nexus in Brazil," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(3), pages 658-668.
- Anderson, T. W. & Hsiao, Cheng, 1982. "Formulation and estimation of dynamic models using panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 47-82, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haile, Mekbib G. & Kalkuhl, Matthias & von Braun, Joachim, 2013. "Short-term global crop acreage response to international food prices and implications of volatility," Discussion Papers 145308, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- repec:bla:jageco:v:68:y:2017:i:3:p:839-860 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haile, Mekbib G. & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Braun, Joachim von, 2013. "Inter-and intra-annual global crop acreage response to prices and price risk," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149695, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Haile, Mekbib G. & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013.
"Agricultural supply response to international food prices and price volatility: a crosscountry panel analysis,"
2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C.
149630, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Haile, Mekbib & Kalkuhl, Matthias & von Braun, Joachim, 2014. "Agricultural supply response to international food prices and price volatility: a cross-country panel analysis," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182725, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Anelise Rahmeier Seyffarth, 2016. "The Impact of Rising Ethanol Production on the Brazilian Market for Basic Food Commodities: An Econometric Assessment," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(3), pages 511-536, July.
- Hendricks, Nathan P. & Janzen, Joseph P. & Smith, Aaron, 2013. "Futures Prices in Supply Analysis Reconsidered," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150696, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- de Gorter, Harry & Drabik, Dusan & Kliauga, Erika M. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2013.
"An economic model of Brazil's ethanol-sugar markets and impacts of fuel policies,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6524, The World Bank.
- Drabik, Dusan & de Gorter, Harry & Just, David R. & Timilsina, Govinda R., 2014. "An Economic Model of Brazil’s Ethanol-Sugar Markets and Impacts of Fuel Policies," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182709, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mekbib G. Haile & Jan Brockhaus & Matthias Kalkuhl, 2016. "Short-term acreage forecasting and supply elasticities for staple food commodities in major producer countries," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Mekbib G. Haile & Matthias Kalkuhl & Joachim Braun, 2014. "Inter- and intra-seasonal crop acreage response to international food prices and implications of volatility," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(6), pages 693-710, November.
- Haile, Mekbib G. & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Braun, Joachim von, 2013. "How does food supply respond to high and volatile international food prices? An empirical evaluation of inter- and intra- seasonal global crop acreage response," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161472, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
KeywordsLand use; Biofuels; Acreage response;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:51:y:2012:i:2:p:163-187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.