The Consequences of Corruption on Inflation in Developing Countries: Evidence from Panel Cointegration and Causality Tests
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rafael Di Tella & Alberto Ades, 1999. "Rents, Competition, and Corruption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 982-993, September.
- Neeman Zvika & Paserman M. Daniele & Simhon Avi, 2008.
"Corruption and Openness,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-40, December.
- Neeman, Zvika & Paserman, M. Daniele & Simhon, Avi, 2003. "Corruption and Openness," CEPR Discussion Papers 4057, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zvika Neeman & Daniele Paserman & Avi Simhon, 2006. "Corruption and Openness," 2006 Meeting Papers 164, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Zvika Neeman & M. Daniele Paserman & Avi Simhon, 2004. "Corruption and Openness," Discussion Paper Series dp353, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Neeman, Zvika & Paserman, Daniele & Simhon, Avi, 2003. "Corruption And Openness," Discussion Papers 14977, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Aidt, Toke & Dutta, Jayasri & Sena, Vania, 2008.
"Governance regimes, corruption and growth: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-220, June.
- Toke Aidt & Jayasri Dutta & Vania Sena, 2006. "Governance Regimes, Corruption and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Discussion Papers 15_2006, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Beata K. Smarzynska & Shang-Jin Wei, 2000.
"Corruption and Composition of Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
7969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beate K. Smarzynska & Shang-Jin Wei, 2001. "Corruption and Composition of Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence," CID Working Papers 60A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:7:y:2009:i:3:p:14567076 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul, Biru Paksha, 2009. "In search of the Phillips curve for India," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 479-488, September.
- Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong, 2002. "Corruption, economic growth, and income inequality in Africa," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 183-209, November.
- Jakob Svensson, 2005. "Eight Questions about Corruption," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 19-42, Summer.
- Andrew Hodge & Sriram Shankar & D. S. Prasada Rao & Alan Duhs, 2011. "Exploring the Links Between Corruption and Growth," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 474-490, August.
- Miguel Braun & Rafael Di tella, 2004. "Inflation, Inflation Variability, and Corruption," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 77-100, March.
- Bliss, Christopher & Di Tella, Rafael, 1997. "Does Competition Kill Corruption?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 1001-1023, October.
- Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Oros, Cornel & Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu, 2014.
"Revisiting the inflation–output gap relationship for France using a wavelet transform approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 464-475.
- Claudiu Albulescu & Cornel Oros & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2013. "Revisiting the Inflation - Output Gap Relationship for France using a Wavelet Transform Approach," Post-Print halshs-01373188, HAL.
- Claudiu Albulescu & Cornel Oros & Aviral Kumar Tiwari, 2014. "Revisiting the inflation - output gap relationship for France using a wavelet transform approach," Post-Print hal-00954189, HAL.
- Evans, Richard W., 2012.
"Is openness inflationary? Policy commitment and imperfect competition,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1095-1110.
- Richard W. Evans, 2012. "Is Openness Inflationary? Policy Commitment and Imperfect Competition," BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory Working Paper Series 2012-06, Brigham Young University, Department of Economics, BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory.
- Anja HÃ¼lsewig, 2009. "Measuring Corruption: A Comparison between the Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index and the World Bank's Worldwide Governance Indicators," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 7(3), pages 42-52, October.
- Danila Serra, 2006. "Empirical determinants of corruption: A sensitivity analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 126(1), pages 225-256, January.
- Naved Ahmad, 2008.
"Corrupt clubs and the convergence hypothesis,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 21-28.
- Naved Ahmad, 2006. "Corrupt Clubs and the Convergence Hypothesis," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 1001-1009.
- Naved Ahmad, 2008. "Corrupt clubs and the convergence hypothesis," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 21-28.
- Mark A. Wynne & Erasmus K. Kersting, 2007. "Openness and inflation," Staff Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Apr.
- Kao, Chihwa, 1999. "Spurious regression and residual-based tests for cointegration in panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 1-44, May.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Dridi, Mohamed, 2013. "Corruption and Economic Growth: The Transmission Channels," MPRA Paper 47873, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ben Ali Mohamed Sami & Sassi Seifallah, 2016. "The corruption-inflation nexus: evidence from developed and developing countries," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 125-144, January.
- Hasim Akça & Ahmet Yilmaz Ata & Coskun Karaca, 2012. "Inflation and Corruption Relationship: Evidence from Panel Data in Developed and Developing Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 2(3), pages 281-295.
- Smarzynska, Beata K. & Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Corruption and the composition of foreign direct investment - firm-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2360, The World Bank.
- Abbas, Syed K. & Bhattacharya, Prasad Sankar & Sgro, Pasquale, 2016. "The new Keynesian Phillips curve: An update on recent empirical advances," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 378-403.
More about this item
Keywordscorruption; inflation; heritage foundation; panel data analysis;
- E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
- F - International Economics
- I - Health, Education, and Welfare
- J - Labor and Demographic Economics
- O - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jecomi:v:5:y:2017:i:4:p:49-:d:122367. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: http://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.