Towards a comprehensive model of entry timing in the ICT industry: Direct and indirect effects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zahra, Shaker A., 1996. "Technology strategy and new venture performance: A study of corporate-sponsored and independent biotechnology ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 289-321, July.
- John R. Hauser & Steven M. Shugan, 2008.
"Defensive Marketing Strategies,"
INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 88-110, 01-02.
- TENENHAUS, Michel, 2008. "Component-based structural equation modelling," Les Cahiers de Recherche 887, HEC Paris.
- William Boulding & Markus Christen, 2008. "Disentangling Pioneering Cost Advantages and Disadvantages," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 699-716, 07-08.
- Ramamurti, Ravi, 2000. "Risks and rewards in the globalization of telecommunications in emerging economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 149-170, July.
- Coeurderoy, Regis & Durand, Rodolphe, 2004. "Leveraging the advantage of early entry: proprietary technologies versus cost leadership," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 583-590, June.
- Finney, R. Zachary & Lueg, Jason E. & Campbell, Noel D., 2008. "Market pioneers, late movers, and the resource-based view (RBV): A conceptual model," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 925-932, September.
- Tseng, Chiung-Hui & Lee, Ruby P., 2010. "Host environmental uncertainty and equity-based entry mode dilemma: The role of market linking capability," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 407-418, August.
- N. Venkatraman, 1989. "Strategic Orientation of Business Enterprises: The Construct, Dimensionality, and Measurement," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 942-962, August.
- Yadong Luo, 1998. "Timing of Investment and International Expansion Performance in China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(2), pages 391-407, June.
- Proff, Heike, 2000. "Hybrid strategies as a strategic challenge -- the case of the German automotive industry," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 541-553, October.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Wijbenga, Frits H. & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen, 2007. "Entrepreneurial locus of control and competitive strategies - The moderating effect of environmental dynamism," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 566-589, October.
- Glen L. Urban & Theresa Carter & Steven Gaskin & Zofia Mucha, 1986. "Market Share Rewards to Pioneering Brands: An Empirical Analysis and Strategic Implications," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(6), pages 645-659, June.
- Christensen, Clayton, 1997. "Patterns in the evolution of product competition," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 117-127, April.
- Roberta Capello & Alessandra Faggian, 2005. "Collective Learning and Relational Capital in Local Innovation Processes," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 75-87.
- Levesque, Moren & Shepherd, Dean A., 2004. "Entrepreneurs' choice of entry strategy in emerging and developed markets," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 29-54, January.
- Pieter A. VanderWerf & John F. Mahon, 1997. "Meta-Analysis of the Impact of Research Methods on Findings of First-Mover Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(11), pages 1510-1519, November.
- Durand, Rodolphe & Coeurderoy, Regis, 2001. "Age, order of entry, strategic orientation, and organizational performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 471-494, September.
- Javalgi, Rajshekhar (Raj) G. & Deligonul, Seyda & Ghosh, Amit K. & Lambert, Douglas M. & Cavusgil, S. Tamer, 2010. "Foreign market entry mode behavior as a gateway to further entries: The NAFTA experience," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 209-222, June.
- Chaney, Paul K & Devinney, Timothy M & Winer, Russell S, 1991. "The Impact of New Product Introductions on the Market Value of Firms," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(4), pages 573-610, October.
- Yigang Pan & Shaomin Li & David K Tse, 1999. "The Impact of Order and Mode of Market Entry on Profitability and Market Share," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(1), pages 81-103, March.
- Miller, Alex & Gartner, William B. & Wilson, Robert, 1989. "Entry order, market share, and competitive advantage: A study of their relationships in new corporate ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 197-209, May.
- Canabal, Anne & White III, George O., 2008. "Entry mode research: Past and future," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 267-284, June.
- Louis A. Thomas, 1996. "Brand Capital and Entry Order," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 107-129, March.
- De Castro, Julio O. & Chrisman, James J., 1995. "Order of market entry, competitive strategy, and financial performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 165-177, June.
- Covin, Jeffrey G. & Slevin, Dennis P. & Heeley, Michael B., 2000. "Pioneers and followers: Competitive tactics, environment, and firm growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 175-210, March.
- Gary L. Lilien & Eunsang Yoon, 1990. "The Timing of Competitive Market Entry: An Exploratory Study of New Industrial Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(5), pages 568-585, May.
- William Boulding & Markus Christen, 2003. "Sustainable Pioneering Advantage? Profit Implications of Market Entry Order," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(3), pages 371-392.
- Williams, Mary L. & Tsai, Ming-Hone & Day, Diana, 1991. "Intangible assets, entry strategies, and venture success in industrial markets," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 315-333, September.
- Michael J. Dowling & Jeffrey E. McGee, 1994. "Business and Technology Strategies and New Venture Performance: A Study of the Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(12), pages 1663-1677, December.
- Cui, Lin & Jiang, Fuming, 2009. "FDI entry mode choice of Chinese firms: A strategic behavior perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 434-444, October.
- Hitt, Michael A. & He, Xiaoming, 2008. "Firm strategies in a changing global competitive landscape," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 363-369.
- Wright, Peter & Kroll, Mark & Pray, Bevalee & Lado, Augustine, 1995. "Strategic orientations, competitive advantage, and business performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 143-151, June.
- Kuivalainen, Olli & Sundqvist, Sanna & Servais, Per, 2007. "Firms' degree of born-globalness, international entrepreneurial orientation and export performance," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 253-267, September.
- Chen, Haiyang & Hu, Michael Y., 2002. "An analysis of determinants of entry mode and its impact on performance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 193-210, April.
- Wiklund, Johan & Shepherd, Dean, 2005. "Entrepreneurial orientation and small business performance: a configurational approach," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-91, January.
- Lee, Seung-Hyun & Beamish, Paul W. & Lee, Ho-Uk & Park, Jong-Hun, 2009. "Strategic choice during economic crisis: Domestic market position, organizational capabilities and export flexibility," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Bantel, Karen A., 1998. "Technology-based, "adolescent" firm configurations: strategy identification, context, and performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 205-230, May.
- Rodolphe Durand & R. Coeurderoy, 2004. "Leveraging the advantage of early entry: proprietary technologies versus cost leadership," Post-Print hal-00458095, HAL.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Overton, Terry S., 1977. "Estimating Nonresponse Bias in Mail Surveys," MPRA Paper 81694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sabatier, Mareva & Chollet, Barthélemy, 2017.
"Is there a first mover advantage in science? Pioneering behavior and scientific production in nanotechnology,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 522-533.
- Mareva Sabatier & Barthelemy Chollet, 2017. "Is there a first mover advantage in science? Pioneering behavior and scientific production in nanotechnology," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01522764, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsEntry timing; Capabilities; Utility strategy; Indirect effect; Comprehensive model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:47:y:2012:i:2:p:297-310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.