The failed Africanization of commerce and industry in Kenya
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Fafchamps Marcel, 2002.
"Spontaneous Market Emergence,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-37, June.
- Marcel Fafchamps, 2003. "Spontaneous Market Emergence," Economics Series Working Papers 138, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Awaworyi Churchill, Sefa, 2015. "Fractionalization and Entrepreneurial Activities," EconStor Preprints 123723, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Hélène Ehrhart & Maëlan Le Goff & Emmanuel Rocher & Raju Jan Singh, 2012. "Does Migration Foster Exports? An African Perspective," Working Papers 2012-38, CEPII research center.
- Biggs, Tyler & Raturi, Mayank & Srivastava, Pradeep, 2002. "Ethnic networks and access to credit: evidence from the manufacturing sector in Kenya," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 473-486, December.
- Phelps, Nicholas A. & Stillwell, John C.H. & Wanjiru, Roseline, 2009. "Broken Chain? AGOA and Foreign Direct Investment in the Kenyan Clothing Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 314-325, February.
- Aker, Jenny C. & Klein, Michael W. & O'Connell, Stephen A. & Yang, Muzhe, 2014. "Borders, ethnicity and trade," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 1-16.
- Jenny C. Aker & Michael W. Klein & Stephen A. O'Connell & Muzhe Yang, 2010. "Borders, Ethnicity and Trade," NBER Working Papers 15960, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:48:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11187-016-9796-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robinson, Amanda Lea, 2016. "Internal Borders: Ethnic-Based Market Segmentation in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 371-384.
- Vandana Chandra, 2006. "Technology, Adaptation, and Exports : How Some Developing Countries Got It Right," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7118, July.
- Chege, Jacob & Ngui, Dianah & Kimuyu, Peter, 2014. "Scoping paper on Kenyan manufacturing," WIDER Working Paper Series 136, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Bedasso, Biniam, 2012. "Lords of Uhuru: the political economy of elite competition and institutional change in post-independence Kenya," MERIT Working Papers 042, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:22:y:1994:i:3:p:469-482. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed