China's challenge for decarbonized growth: Forecasts from energy demand models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fisher-Vanden, Karen & Jefferson, Gary H. & Liu, Hongmei & Tao, Quan, 2004. "What is driving China's decline in energy intensity?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-97, March.
- McFarland, James R. & Paltsev, Sergey & Jacoby, Henry D., 2009. "Analysis of the Coal Sector under Carbon Constraints," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 404-424, May.
- Crompton, Paul & Wu, Yanrui, 2005.
"Energy consumption in China: past trends and future directions,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 195-208, January.
- Paul Crompton & Yanrui Wu, 2004. "Energy Consumption in China: Past Trends and Future Directions," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 04-22, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Tian, Huifang & Whalley, John, 2010.
"Trade sanctions, financial transfers and BRIC participation in global climate change negotiations,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 47-63, January.
- Huifang Tian & John Whalley, 2009. "Trade Sanctions, Financial Transfers and BRIC's Participation in Global Climate Change Negotiations," CESifo Working Paper Series 2698, CESifo Group Munich.
- Adams, F. Gerard & Shachmurove, Yochanan, 2008. "Modeling and forecasting energy consumption in China: Implications for Chinese energy demand and imports in 2020," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1263-1278, May.
- Eric Girardin & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2009. "Does Accounting for Spatial Effects Help Forecasting the Growth of Chinese Provinces?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 938, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- von Hirschhausen, Christian & Andres, Michael, 2000. "Long-term electricity demand in China -- From quantitative to qualitative growth?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 231-241, April.
- Christopher Yang & Stephen Schneider, 1998. "Global Carbon Dioxide Emissions Scenarios: Sensitivity to Social and Technological Factors in Three Regions," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 373-404, December.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2004.
"Meeting the Kyoto targets: the importance of developing country participation,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 3-19, January.
- Zhang, Zhong Xiang, 2000. "Meeting the Kyoto Targets: the importance of developing country participation," CCSO Working Papers 200013, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John & Kim, Bonggeun, 2008.
"China's energy economy: Technical change, factor demand and interfactor/interfuel substitution,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2167-2183, September.
- John Gibson & Bongguen Kim & Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley, 2008. "China’s Energy Economy: Technical Change, Factor Demand and Interfactor/Interfuel Substitution," Working Papers in Economics 08/01, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley & John Gibson & Bongguen Kim, 2009. "China's Energy Economy: Technical Change, Factor Demand and Interfactor/Interfuel Substitution," Working Papers 09_02, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Zou, Gaolu & Chau, K.W., 2006. "Short- and long-run effects between oil consumption and economic growth in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3644-3655, December.
- Auffhammer, Maximilian & Carson, Richard T., 2008.
"Forecasting the path of China's CO2 emissions using province-level information,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 229-247, May.
- Auffhammer, Maximilian & Carson, Richard T., 2007. "Forecasting the Path of China's CO2 Emissions Using Province Level Information," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6d28j8rg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Aroca, Patricio & Guo, Dong & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 2006. "Spatial Convergence in China: 1952-99," WIDER Working Paper Series 089, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Cattaneo, Cristina & Manera, Matteo & Scarpa, Elisa, 2011.
"Industrial coal demand in China: A provincial analysis,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 12-35, January.
- Matteo Manera & Cristina Cattaneo & Elisa Scarpa, 2008. "Industrial Coal Demand in China: A Provincial Analysis," Working Papers 2008.8, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chontanawat, Jaruwan & Hunt, Lester C. & Pierse, Richard, 2008. "Does energy consumption cause economic growth?: Evidence from a systematic study of over 100 countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 209-220.
- Soytas, Ugur & Sari, Ramazan, 2006. "Can China contribute more to the fight against global warming?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 837-846, November.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Wang, Shih-Chuan, 2006. "Total-factor energy efficiency of regions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3206-3217, November.
- Long Gen Ying, 2003. "Understanding China’s recent growth experience: A spatial econometric perspective," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(4), pages 613-628, December.
- Liao, Hua & Fan, Ying & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "What induced China's energy intensity to fluctuate: 1997-2006?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4640-4649, September.
- Franzese, Robert J. & Hays, Jude C., 2007. "Spatial Econometric Models of Cross-Sectional Interdependence in Political Science Panel and Time-Series-Cross-Section Data," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 140-164, March.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chang, Chun-Ping, 2008. "Energy consumption and economic growth in Asian economies: A more comprehensive analysis using panel data," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 50-65, January.
- Liang, Qiao-Mei & Fan, Ying & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "Carbon taxation policy in China: How to protect energy- and trade-intensive sectors?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 311-333.
- David Maddison, 2007. "Modelling sulphur emissions in Europe: a spatial econometric approach," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(4), pages 726-743, October.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain, 2012.
"Forecasting with spatial panel data,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3381-3397.
- Baltagi B-H & Bresson G. & Pirotte A., 2007. "Forecasting with Spatial Panel Data," Working Papers ERMES 0710, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Bresson, Georges & Pirotte, Alain, 2009. "Forecasting with Spatial Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4242, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- van Vuuren, Detlef & Fengqi, Zhou & Vries, Bert de & Kejun, Jiang & Graveland, Cor & Yun, Li, 2003. "Energy and emission scenarios for China in the 21st century--exploration of baseline development and mitigation options," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 369-387, March.
- Grazi, Fabio & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2008.
"Spatial organization, transport, and climate change: Comparing instruments of spatial planning and policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 630-639, November.
- F. Grazi & J.C.J.M. Van den Bergh, 2008. "Spatial organization, transport, and climate change: Comparing instruments of spatial planning and policy," Post-Print hal-00716362, HAL.
- Kadoshin, Shiro & Nishiyama, Takashi & Ito, Toshihide, 2000. "The trend in current and near future energy consumption from a statistical perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 407-417, December.
- Giacomini, Raffaella & Granger, Clive W. J., 2004.
"Aggregation of space-time processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 118(1-2), pages 7-26.
- Giacomini, Raffaella & Granger, Clive W.J., 2001. "Aggregationn of Space-Time Processes," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt77f76455, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Raffaella Giacomini & Clive W.J. Granger, 2002. "Aggregation of Space-Time Processes," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 582, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Bengochea-Morancho, Aurelia, 2004. "Pooled mean group estimation of an environmental Kuznets curve for CO2," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 121-126, January.
- Maximilian Auffhammer & Ralf Steinhauser, 2007. "The Future Trajectory Of U.S. Co," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 47-61.
- Fan, Ying & Liu, Lan-Cui & Wu, Gang & Tsai, Hsien-Tang & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "Changes in carbon intensity in China: Empirical findings from 1980-2003," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 683-691, May.
- Leung, Dennis Y. C. & Yin, X. L. & Wu, C. Z., 2004. "A review on the development and commercialization of biomass gasification technologies in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(6), pages 565-580, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- You, Jing & Huang, Yongfu, 2013. "Green-to-Grey China: Determinants and Forecasts of its Green Growth," MPRA Paper 57468, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 Jul 2014.
- Hao, Yu & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2015.
"When does the turning point in China's CO2 emissions occur? Results based on the Green Solow model,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(06), pages 723-745, December.
- Yu Hao & Yi-Ming Wei, 2014. "When does the turning point in China's CO2 emissions occur? Results based on the Green Solow Model," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 73, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Hao, Yu & Zhang, Zong-Yong & Liao, Hua & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2015.
"China’s farewell to coal: A forecast of coal consumption through 2020,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 444-455.
- Yu Hao & Zong-Yong Zhang & Hua Liao & Yi-Ming Wei, 2014. "China's Farewell to Coal: A Forecast of Coal Consumption through 2020," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 76, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy consumption; Spatial dependence; Dynamic panel; Forecasts; China;
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:35:y:2013:i:4:p:652-668. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.