China's energy consumption and sustainable development: Comparative evidence from GDP and genuine savings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yuan, Jia-Hai & Kang, Jian-Gang & Zhao, Chang-Hong & Hu, Zhao-Guang, 2008. "Energy consumption and economic growth: Evidence from China at both aggregated and disaggregated levels," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 3077-3094, November.
- Shiu, Alice & Lam, Pun-Lee, 2004. "Electricity consumption and economic growth in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 47-54, January.
- Adams, F. Gerard & Shachmurove, Yochanan, 2008. "Modeling and forecasting energy consumption in China: Implications for Chinese energy demand and imports in 2020," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1263-1278, May.
- Smulders, Sjak & de Nooij, Michiel, 2003.
"The impact of energy conservation on technology and economic growth,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 59-79, February.
- Smulders, J.A. & de Nooij, M., 2003. "The impact of energy conservation on technology and economic growth," Other publications TiSEM c4db0986-2132-4216-aa53-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Muller-Furstenberger, Georg & Wagner, Martin, 2007.
"Exploring the environmental Kuznets hypothesis: Theoretical and econometric problems,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 648-660, May.
- Müller-Fürstenberger, Georg & Wagner, Martin, 2006. "Exploring the Environmental Kuznets Hypothesis. Theoretical and Econometric Problems," Economics Series 183, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Stern, David I., 2004.
"The Rise and Fall of the Environmental Kuznets Curve,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1419-1439, August.
- David I. Stern, 2003. "The Rise and Fall of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0302, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Suri, Vivek & Chapman, Duane, 1998. "Economic growth, trade and energy: implications for the environmental Kuznets curve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 195-208, May.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John & Li, Wen, 2010. "A survey of China's renewable energy economy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 438-445, January.
- Zou, Gaolu & Chau, K.W., 2006. "Short- and long-run effects between oil consumption and economic growth in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3644-3655, December.
- Auffhammer, Maximilian & Carson, Richard T., 2008.
"Forecasting the path of China's CO2 emissions using province-level information,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 229-247, May.
- Auffhammer, Maximilian & Carson, Richard T., 2007. "Forecasting the Path of China's CO2 Emissions Using Province Level Information," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6d28j8rg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Focacci, Antonio, 2003. "Empirical evidence in the analysis of the environmental and energy policies of a series of industrialised nations, during the period 1960-1997, using widely employed macroeconomic indicators," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 333-352, March.
- Bringezu, Stefan & Schutz, Helmut & Steger, Soren & Baudisch, Jan, 2004. "International comparison of resource use and its relation to economic growth: The development of total material requirement, direct material inputs and hidden flows and the structure of TMR," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 97-124, November.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Benoit Laplante & Hua Wang & David Wheeler, 2002. "Confronting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 147-168, Winter.
- Hamilton, Clive & Turton, Hal, 2002. "Determinants of emissions growth in OECD countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 63-71, January.
- Zhang, Huiming & Zhou, Dequn & Cao, Jie, 2011. "A quantitative assessment of energy strategy evolution in China and US," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 886-890, January.
- Hamilton, Kirk, 1994. "Green adjustments to GDP," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 155-168, September.
- Zhi-Yong Han & Ying Fan & Yi-Ming Wei, 2004. "Study on the cointegration and causality between GDP and energy consumption in China," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 22(2/3/4), pages 225-232.
- Giovanni Dosi & Marco Grazzi, 2009.
"Energy, Development and the Environment: An Appraisal Three Decades After the ‘Limits to Growth’ Debate,"
Chapters,in: Recent Advances in Neo-Schumpeterian Economics, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Giovanni Dosi & Marco Grazzi, 2006. "Energy, Development, and the Environment: An Appraisal Three Decades After the "Limits to Growth" Debate," LEM Papers Series 2006/15, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Wang, Qiang & Chen, Yong, 2010. "Status and outlook of China's free-carbon electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 1014-1025, April.
- Fan, Ying & Liu, Lan-Cui & Wu, Gang & Tsai, Hsien-Tang & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "Changes in carbon intensity in China: Empirical findings from 1980-2003," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3-4), pages 683-691, May.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mahdi Ziaei, Sayyed, 2015. "Effects of financial development indicators on energy consumption and CO2 emission of European, East Asian and Oceania countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 752-759.
- Ben Abdallah, Khaled & Belloumi, Mounir & De Wolf, Daniel, 2013. "Indicators for sustainable energy development: A multivariate cointegration and causality analysis from Tunisian road transport sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 34-43.
- Zhang, XiaoHong & Hu, He & Zhang, Rong & Deng, ShiHuai, 2014. "Interactions between China׳s economy, energy and the air emissions and their policy implications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 624-638.
- Pottmaier, D. & Melo, C.R. & Sartor, M.N. & Kuester, S. & Amadio, T.M. & Fernandes, C.A.H. & Marinha, D. & Alarcon, O.E., 2013. "The Brazilian energy matrix: From a materials science and engineering perspective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 678-691.
- Liu, Xinyu & Liu, Gengyuan & Yang, Zhifeng & Chen, Bin & Ulgiati, Sergio, 2016. "Comparing national environmental and economic performances through emergy sustainability indicators: Moving environmental ethics beyond anthropocentrism toward ecocentrism," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 1532-1542.
- Al-mulali, Usama & Lee, Janice YM & Hakim Mohammed, Abdul & Sheau-Ting, Low, 2013. "Examining the link between energy consumption, carbon dioxide emission, and economic growth in Latin America and the Caribbean," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 42-48.
- Bao, Chao & Fang, Chuang-lin, 2013. "Geographical and environmental perspectives for the sustainable development of renewable energy in urbanizing China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 464-474.
- Su, Yongxian & Chen, Xiuzhi & Li, Yong & Liao, Jishan & Ye, Yuyao & Zhang, Hongou & Huang, Ningsheng & Kuang, Yaoqiu, 2014. "China׳s 19-year city-level carbon emissions of energy consumptions, driving forces and regionalized mitigation guidelines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 231-243.
- Al-mulali, Usama & Binti Che Sab, Che Normee, 2012. "The impact of energy consumption and CO2 emission on the economic and financial development in 19 selected countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4365-4369.
- Kang, Junjie & Yuan, Jiahai & Hu, Zhaoguang & Xu, Yan, 2012. "Review on wind power development and relevant policies in China during the 11th Five-Year-Plan period," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 1907-1915.
- Azadeh, A. & Babazadeh, R. & Asadzadeh, S.M., 2013. "Optimum estimation and forecasting of renewable energy consumption by artificial neural networks," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 605-612.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:353-368 is not listed on IDEAS
- Al-mulali, Usama, 2016. "Exploring the bi-directional long run relationship between energy consumption and life quality," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 824-837.
More about this item
KeywordsElasticity of energy consumption Sustainable development Genuine savings Structural vector autoregression Generalized impulse response;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:6:p:2984-2989. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.