A quantitative assessment of energy strategy evolution in China and US
Energy strategy evolution of China and US is assessed quantitatively based on Bai and Perron' s structure breaks test. Results indicate no break for time series of energy intensity, while series of carbon emissions per GDP, proportion of renewable energy production and oil importing reliance are characterized as segmented trend stationary process around one or two structural breaks. Execution of China and US energy strategies does not change the growth path of carbon emissions per GDP, and the pollution caused by energy production and consumption is one of the problems to be solved urgently. The impact of China energy strategy on the proportion of renewable energy production is inconsistent with that of US, suggesting that China can learn from the diversified energy supply, renewable energy quota system policies, and R&D incentive policies of US. Energy strategies in China and US pose a significant impact on the oil importing reliance, indicating that the strategy to reduce the oil dependence from US is not working.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 1998.
"Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 47-78, January.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Perron, P. & Bai, J., 1995. "Estimating and Testing Linear Models with Multiple Structural Changes," Cahiers de recherche 9552, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Jin, Jang C. & Choi, Jai-Young & Yu, Eden S.H., 2009. "Energy prices, energy conservation, and economic growth: Evidence from the postwar United States," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 691-699, October.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 2003.
"Computation and analysis of multiple structural change models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 1-22.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate examples of Bai-Perron procedure," Statistical Software Components RTZ00008, Boston College Department of Economics.
- BAI, Jushan & PERRON, Pierre, 1998. "Computation and Analysis of Multiple Structural-Change Models," Cahiers de recherche 9807, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Tom Doan, . "BAIPERRON: RATS procedure to perform Bai-Perron Test for Multiple Structural Changes," Statistical Software Components RTS00013, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "MULTIPLEBREAKS: RATS procedure to perform multiple structural change analysis," Statistical Software Components RTS00138, Boston College Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:1:p:886-890. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.