International comparison of resource use and its relation to economic growth: The development of total material requirement, direct material inputs and hidden flows and the structure of TMR
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- P Ekins, 1997. "The Kuznets Curve for the Environment and Economic Growth: Examining the Evidence," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 29(5), pages 805-830, May.
- Martin Jänicke & Manfred Binder & Harald Mönch, 1997. "‘Dirty industries’: Patterns of change in industrial countries," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 9(4), pages 467-491, June.
- Oberhofer, W & Kmenta, J, 1974. "A General Procedure for Obtaining Maximum Likelihood Estimates in Generalized Regression Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(3), pages 579-590, May.
- Scasny, Milan & Kovanda, Jan & Hak, Tomas, 2003. "Material flow accounts, balances and derived indicators for the Czech Republic during the 1990s: results and recommendations for methodological improvements," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 41-57, April.
- Schandl, Heinz & Schulz, Niels, 2000. "Using material flow accounting to operationalize the concept of society's metabolism: a preliminary MFA for the United Kingdom for the period of 1937-1997," ISER Working Paper Series 2000-03, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Canas, Angela & Ferrao, Paulo & Conceicao, Pedro, 2003. "A new environmental Kuznets curve? Relationship between direct material input and income per capita: evidence from industrialised countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 217-229, September.
- Bringezu, Stefan, 2002. "Towards sustainable resource management in the European Union," Wuppertal Papers 121, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
- Cleveland, Cutler J. & Kaufmann, Robert K. & Stern, David I., 2000. "Aggregation and the role of energy in the economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 301-317, February.
- P Ekins, 1997. "The Kuznets curve for the environment and economic growth: examining the evidence," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(5), pages 805-830, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Halme, Minna & Anttonen, Markku & Kuisma, Mika & Kontoniemi, Nea & Heino, Erja, 2007. "Business models for material efficiency services: Conceptualization and application," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 126-137, June.
- Kuskova, Petra & Gingrich, Simone & Krausmann, Fridolin, 2008. "Long term changes in social metabolism and land use in Czechoslovakia, 1830-2000: An energy transition under changing political regimes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 394-407, December.
- Weisz, Helga & Krausmann, Fridolin & Amann, Christof & Eisenmenger, Nina & Erb, Karl-Heinz & Hubacek, Klaus & Fischer-Kowalski, Marina, 2006. "The physical economy of the European Union: Cross-country comparison and determinants of material consumption," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 676-698, July.
- Mark Swilling, 2010. "Sustainability, poverty and municipal services: the case of Cape Town, South Africa," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 194-201.
- Mayer, Andreas & Haas, Willi & Wiedenhofer, Dominik, 2017. "How Countries' Resource Use History Matters for Human Well-being – An Investigation of Global Patterns in Cumulative Material Flows from 1950 to 2010," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 1-10.
- repec:spr:bioerq:v:3:y::i:1:d:10.1007_s41247-017-0034-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Bringezu, Stefan, 2015. "On the mechanism and effects of innovation: Search for safety and independence of resource constraints expands the safe operating range," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 387-400.
- Dittrich, Monika & Bringezu, Stefan, 2010. "The physical dimension of international trade: Part 1: Direct global flows between 1962 and 2005," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1838-1847, July.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:146:y:2018:i:c:p:96-105 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:bioerq:v:3:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s41247-017-0034-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Emma Watkins & Patrick ten Brink & Jean-Pierre Schweitzer & Lucile Rogissart & Martin Nesbit, 2016. "Policy Mixes to Achieve Absolute Decoupling: An Ex Ante Assessment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(6), pages 1-17, June.
- Garmendia, Eneko & Urkidi, Leire & Arto, Iñaki & Barcena, Iñaki & Bermejo, Roberto & Hoyos, David & Lago, Rosa, 2016. "Tracing the impacts of a northern open economy on the global environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 169-181.
- You, Jing, 2011. "China's energy consumption and sustainable development: Comparative evidence from GDP and genuine savings," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 2984-2989, August.
- Bartelmus, Peter, 2009. "The cost of natural capital consumption: Accounting for a sustainable world economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1850-1857, April.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:3:p:629-640 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pina, André & Ferrão, Paulo & Ferreira, Daniela & Santos, Luís & Monit, Michal & Rodrigues, João F.D. & Niza, Samuel, 2016. "The physical structure of urban economies — Comparative assessment," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 113(PB), pages 220-229.
- Fishman, Tomer & Schandl, Heinz & Tanikawa, Hiroki, 2015. "The socio-economic drivers of material stock accumulation in Japan's prefectures," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 76-84.
- Liming Zhang & Bing Xue & Yong Geng & Wanxia Ren & Chengpeng Lu, 2014. "Emergy-Based City’s Sustainability and Decoupling Assessment: Indicators, Features and Findings," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-15, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:51:y:2004:i:1-2:p:97-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.