Automatic leading indicators versus macroeconometric structural models: A comparison of inflation and GDP growth forecasting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Franck Sédillot & Nigel Pain, 2003. "Indicator Models of Real GDP Growth in Selected OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 364, OECD Publishing.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2005. "Implications of Dynamic Factor Models for VAR Analysis," NBER Working Papers 11467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Anindya Banerjee & Massimiliano Marcellino & Igor Masten, 2005.
"Leading Indicators for Euro-area Inflation and GDP Growth,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(s1), pages 785-813, December.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Marcellino, Massimiliano & Masten, Igor, 2003. "Leading Indicators for Euro Area Inflation and GDP Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 3893, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anindya Banerjee & Massimiliano Marcellino & Igor Masten, 2003. "Leading Indicators for Euro-area Inflation and GDP Growth," Working Papers 235, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Qin, Duo & Cagas, Marie Anne & Ducanes, Geoffrey & He, Xinhua & Liu, Rui & Liu, Shiguo & Magtibay-Ramos, Nedelyn & Quising, Pilipinas, 2007. "A macroeconometric model of the Chinese economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 814-822, September.
- Michael P. Clements & David F. Hendry, 2002. "Modelling methodology and forecast failure," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(2), pages 319-344, June.
- Cagas, Marie Anne & Ducanes, Geoffrey & Magtibay-Ramos, Nedelyn & Qin, Duo & Quising, Pilipinas, 2006. "A small macroeconometric model of the Philippine economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 45-55, January.
- Bai, Jushan & Ng, Serena, 2007. "Determining the Number of Primitive Shocks in Factor Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 52-60, January.
- Tao Sun, 2004. "Forecasting Thailand’s Core Inflation," IMF Working Papers 04/90, International Monetary Fund.
- David F. Hendry, 2004.
"Unpredictability and the Foundations of Economic Forecasting,"
2004-W15, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- David F. Hendry, 2004. "Unpredictability and the Foundations of Economic Forecasting," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 27, Econometric Society.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164.
- Kraay, Aart & Monokroussos, George, 1999. "Growth forecasts using time series and growth models," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2224, The World Bank.
- Harvey, David & Leybourne, Stephen & Newbold, Paul, 1997. "Testing the equality of prediction mean squared errors," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-291, June.
- George Kapetanios, 2002. "Factor Analysis Using Subspace Factor Models: Some Theoretical Results and an Application to UK Inflation Forecasting," Working Papers 466, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1989.
"New Indexes of Coincident and Leading Economic Indicators,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1989, Volume 4, pages 351-409
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stock, J.H. & Watson, M.W., 1989. "New Indexes Of Coincident And Leading Economic Indicators," Papers 178d, Harvard - J.F. Kennedy School of Government.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juuso Kaaresvirta & Aaron Mehrotra, 2009.
"Business surveys and inflation forecasting in China,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 263-271, November.
- Kaaresvirta, Juuso & Mehrotra, Aaron, 2008. "Business surveys and inflation forecasting in China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 22/2008, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Harvey, David I. & Leybourne, Stephen J. & Whitehouse, Emily J., 2017.
"Forecast evaluation tests and negative long-run variance estimates in small samples,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 833-847.
- David I. Harvey & Stephen J. Leybourne & Emily J. Whitehouse, "undated". "Forecast evaluation tests and negative long-run variance estimates in small samples," Discussion Papers 17/03, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Golinelli, Roberto & Parigi, Giuseppe, 2014. "Tracking world trade and GDP in real time," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 847-862.
- Jordan, Steven J. & Vivian, Andrew & Wohar, Mark E., 2017. "Forecasting market returns: bagging or combining?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 102-120.
- Eric Girardin & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2011.
"How helpful are spatial effects in forecasting the growth of Chinese provinces?,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(7), pages 622-643, November.
- Girardin, Eric & Kholodilin, Konstantin A., 2010. "How helpful are spatial effects in forecasting the growth of Chinese provinces?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 15/2010, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Amin Gharipour & Morteza Sameti & Ali Yousefian, 2010. "A Comparative Approximate Economic Behavior Analysis of Support Vector Machines and Neural Networks Models," Iranian Economic Review, Economics faculty of Tehran university, vol. 15(2), pages 17-40, spring.
- Duo Qin & Qingchao Wang, 2016. "Predictive Macro-Impacts of PLS-based Financial Conditions Indices: An Application to the USA," Working Papers 201, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:24:y:2008:i:3:p:399-413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.