New Indexes Of Coincident And Leading Economic Indicators
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1989. "New Indexes of Coincident and Leading Economic Indicators," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1989, Volume 4, pages 351-409, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diebold, Francis X & Rudebusch, Glenn D, 1989. "Scoring the Leading Indicators," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(3), pages 369-391, July.
- Geoffrey H. Moore, 1983. "Business Cycles, Inflation, and Forecasting, 2nd edition," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number moor83-1, May.
- Victor Zarnowitz & Phillip Braun, 1989. "Major Macroeconomic Variables and Leading Indexes: Some Estimates of Their Interrelations, 1886-1982," NBER Working Papers 2812, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neftici, Salih N., 1982. "Optimal prediction of cyclical downturns," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 225-241, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Allan P. Layton, 1994. "Further on the Nature of the Australian Business Cycle," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 70(208), pages 12-18, March.
- Wong, Shirly Siew-Ling & Puah, Chin-Hong & Abu Mansor, Shazali & Liew, Venus Khim-Sen, 2012. "Early warning indicator of economic vulnerability," MPRA Paper 39944, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mike Artis & Hans-Martin Krolzig & Juan Toro, 2004.
"The European business cycle,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(1), pages 1-44, January.
- Artis, M. & Krolzig, H.-M. & Toro, J., 1999. "The European Business Cycle," Economics Working Papers eco99/24, European University Institute.
- Mike Artis & Hans-Martin Krolzig & Juan Toro, 2002. "The European Business Cycle," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/19, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Artis, Michael J & Krolzig, Hans-Martin & Toro, Juan, 1999. "The European Business Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 2242, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- George Athanasopoulos & Heather M. Anderson & Farshid Vahid, 2007.
"Nonlinear autoregressive leading indicator models of output in G-7 countries,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 63-87.
- Heather M. Anderson & George Athanasopoulos & Farshid Vahid, 2002. "Nonlinear Autoregresssive Leading Indicator Models of Output in G-7 Countries," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 20/02, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Heather M. Anderson & George Athanasopoulos & Farshid Vahid, 2006. "Nonlinear autoregressive leading indicator models of output in G-7 countries," CAMA Working Papers 2006-14, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Marco Del Negro, 2001. "Turn, turn, turn: Predicting turning points in economic activity," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, vol. 86(Q2), pages 1-12.
- Bruno, Giancarlo & Otranto, Edoardo, 2008. "Models to date the business cycle: The Italian case," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 899-911, September.
- Layton, Allan P. & Smith, Daniel R., 2007. "Business cycle dynamics with duration dependence and leading indicators," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 855-875, December.
- Chan Guk Huh, 1991. "Probability of recession," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue apr5.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Reinhart, Vincent, 1996. "Forecasting turning points in Canada," MPRA Paper 13884, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1988. "A Probability Model of The Coincident Economic Indicators," NBER Working Papers 2772, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- E. Andersson, 2002. "Monitoring cyclical processes. A non-parametric approach," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(7), pages 973-990.
- Croce, Roberto M. & Haurin, Donald R., 2009. "Predicting turning points in the housing market," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 281-293, December.
- Elvio Accinelli & Juan Gabriel Brida, 2007. "Modelos económicos con múltiples regímenes," Revista de Administración, Finanzas y Economía (Journal of Management, Finance and Economics), Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México, vol. 1(2), pages 96-115.
- Rafal Kasperowicz, 2010. "Identification Of Industrial Cycle Leading Indicators Using Causality Test," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 5(2), pages 47-59, December.
- Balke, Nathan S & Petersen, D'Ann, 2002.
"How Well Does the Beige Book Reflect Economic Activity? Evaluating Qualitative Information Quantitatively,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(1), pages 114-136, February.
- Nathan S. Balke & D'Ann M. Petersen, 1998. "How well does the Beige Book reflect economic activity? Evaluating qualitative information quantitatively," Working Papers 9802, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Bastianin, Andrea & Galeotti, Marzio & Manera, Matteo, 2014.
"Forecasting the oil–gasoline price relationship: Do asymmetries help?,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(S1), pages 44-56.
- Bastianin, Andrea & Galeotti, Marzio & Manera, Matteo, 2014. "Forecasting the Oil-gasoline Price Relationship: Should We Care about the Rockets and the Feathers?," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 165791, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Andrea Bastianin & Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera, 2014. "Forecasting the Oil-gasoline Price Relationship: Should We Care about the Rockets and the Feathers?," Working Papers 2014.21, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Andrea BASTIANIN & Marzio GALEOTTI & Matteo MANERA, 2015. "Forecasting the Oil-Gasoline Price Relationship: Should We Care about the Rockets and the Feathers?," Departmental Working Papers 2015-23, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Andrea Bastianin & Marzio Galeotti & Matteo Manera, 2014. "Forecasting the Oil-Gasoline Price Relationship: Should We Care About the Rockets and the Feathers?," IEFE Working Papers 62, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Andrea Bastianin & Matteo Manera, 2020. "A test of time reversibility based on Lmoments with an application to the business cycles of the G7 economies," Working Papers 445, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2020.
- Ana-Maria Fuertes & Elena Kalotychou, 2004. "Forecasting sovereign default using panel models: A comparative analysis," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 228, Society for Computational Economics.
- Lewis, Karen K, 1991.
"Was There a "Peso Problem" in the U.S. Term Structure of Interest Rates: 1979-1982?,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(1), pages 159-173, February.
- Karen K. Lewis, 1990. "Was There a "Peso Problem" in the U.S. Term Structure of Interest Rates:1979-1982?," NBER Working Papers 3282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liang, Kuo-Yuan & Yen, Chen-Hui, 2014. "Dissecting the cycles: An intermarket investigation and its implications to portfolio reallocation," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 39-51.
- Wu, Shue-Jen & Lee, Wei-Ming, 2015. "Predicting severe simultaneous bear stock markets using macroeconomic variables as leading indicators," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 196-204.
More about this item
Keywordsbusiness cycles ; forecasting methods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:harvgo:178d. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ksharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.