How helpful are spatial effects in forecasting the growth of Chinese provinces?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eric Girardin & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2011. "How helpful are spatial effects in forecasting the growth of Chinese provinces?," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(7), pages 622-643, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Long Gen Ying, 2003. "Understanding China’s recent growth experience: A spatial econometric perspective," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(4), pages 613-628, December.
- Sandra Poncet, 2005.
"A Fragmented China: Measure and Determinants of Chinese Domestic Market Disintegration,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 409-430, August.
- Sandra PONCET, 2002. "A Fragmented China. Measure and Determinants of Chinese Domestic Market Disintegration," Working Papers 200221, CERDI.
- Herbert Brücker & Boriss Siliverstovs, 2006.
"On the estimation and forecasting of international migration: how relevant is heterogeneity across countries?,"
Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 735-754, September.
- Brücker, Herbert & Siliverstovs, Boriss, 2005. "On the Estimation and Forecasting of International Migration: How Relevant Is Heterogeneity Across Countries?," IZA Discussion Papers 1710, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Simonetta Longhi & Peter Nijkamp, 2007. "Forecasting Regional Labor Market Developments under Spatial Autocorrelation," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 30(2), pages 100-119, April.
- Badi H. Baltagi & James M. Griffin & Weiwen Xiong, 2000. "To Pool Or Not To Pool: Homogeneous Versus Hetergeneous Estimations Applied to Cigarette Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 117-126, February.
- Lawrence R Klein & Wendy Mak, 2005. "Initial Steps in High-Frequency Modeling of China," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 40(1), pages 11-14, January.
- Krister Sandberg, 2004. "Growth of GRP in Chinese Provinces. A Test for Spatial Spillovers," ERSA conference papers ersa04p596, European Regional Science Association.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & James M. Griffin & Alain Pirotte, 2003.
"Homogeneous, heterogeneous or shrinkage estimators? Some empirical evidence from French regional gasoline consumption,"
Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 795-811, November.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Georges Bresson & James M. Griffin & Alain Pirotte, 2002. "Homogeneous, heterogeneous or shrinkage estimators? Some empirical evidence from French regional gasoline consumption," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 A6-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2005. "Implications of Dynamic Factor Models for VAR Analysis," NBER Working Papers 11467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1989.
"New Indexes of Coincident and Leading Economic Indicators,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1989, Volume 4, pages 351-409
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stock, J.H. & Watson, M.W., 1989. "New Indexes Of Coincident And Leading Economic Indicators," Papers 178d, Harvard - J.F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Qin, Duo & Cagas, Marie Anne & Ducanes, Geoffrey & Magtibay-Ramos, Nedelyn & Quising, Pilipinas, 2008. "Automatic leading indicators versus macroeconometric structural models: A comparison of inflation and GDP growth forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 399-413.
- Xubei Luo, 2005. "Growth spillover effects and regional development patterns : the case of Chinese provinces," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3652, The World Bank.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- McCallum, John, 1995. "National Borders Matter: Canada-U.S. Regional Trade Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 615-623, June.
- Aroca, Patricio & Guo, Dong & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 2006. "Spatial Convergence in China: 1952-99," WIDER Working Paper Series 089, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Badi Baltagi & Dong Li, 2006.
"Prediction in the Panel Data Model with Spatial Correlation: the Case of Liquor,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 175-185.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Dong Li, 2006. "Prediction in the Panel Data Model with Spatial Correlation: The Case of Liquor," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 84, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Declan Curran & Michael Funke, 2006. "Taking the Temperature - Forecasting GDP Growth for Mainland China," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 20606, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Meng, Bo & Chao, Qu, 2007. "Application of the Input-Output Decomposition Technique to China's Regional Economies," IDE Discussion Papers 102, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Konstantin Arkadievich Kholodilin & Boriss Siliverstovs & Stefan Kooths, 2008.
"A Dynamic Panel Data Approach to the Forecasting of the GDP of German Länder,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 195-207.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Boriss Siliverstovs & Stefan Kooths, 2007. "A Dynamic Panel Data Approach to the Forecasting of the GDP of German Länder," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 664, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Poncet, Sandra, 2003. "Measuring Chinese domestic and international integration," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-21.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Semerikova, Elena & Demidova, Olga, 2016. "Using spatial econometric models for regional unemployment forecasting," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 43, pages 29-51.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 2013. "Panel Data Forecasting," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, Elsevier.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Fingleton, Bernard & Pirotte, Alain, 2018. "A Time-Space Dynamic Panel Data Model with Spatial Moving Average Errors," MPRA Paper 86371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Pirotte, Alain, 2014. "Prediction in a spatial nested error components panel data model," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 407-414.
- repec:ura:ecregj:v:1:y:2017:i:2:p:410-421 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Lehmann & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2014.
"Regional economic forecasting: state-of-the-art methodology and future challenges,"
Economics and Business Letters,
Oviedo University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 218-231.
- Robert Lehmann & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2014. "Regional Economic Forecasting: State-of-the-Art Methodology and Future Challenge," CESifo Working Paper Series 5145, CESifo Group Munich.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Fingleton, Bernard & Pirotte, Alain, 2018. "A Time-Space Dynamic Panel Data Model with Spatial Moving Average Errors," IZA Discussion Papers 11587, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raffaella Giacomini, 2014. "Economic theory and forecasting: lessons from the literature," CeMMAP working papers CWP41/14, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Giacomini, Raffaella, 2014. "Economic theory and forecasting: lessons from the literature," CEPR Discussion Papers 10201, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-FOR-2010-09-03 (Forecasting)
- NEP-GEO-2010-09-03 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bof:bofitp:2010_015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minna Nyman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bofitfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.