Farmersâ€™ Participation in Agritourism: Does It Affect the Bottom Line?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Deborah Che & Ann Veeck & Gregory Veeck, 2005. "Sustaining production and strengthening the agritourism product: Linkages among Michigan agritourism destinations," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 22(2), pages 225-234, June.
- Michel Blanc & Eric Cahuzac & Bernard Elyakime & Gabriel Tahar, 2008. "Demand for on-farm permanent hired labour on family holdings," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 493-518, December.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Ashok K. Mishra, 2004. "Farming Efficiency and the Determinants of Multiple Job Holding by Farm Operators," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(3), pages 722-729.
- Gloy, Brent A. & Hyde, Jeffrey & LaDue, Eddy L., 2002. "Dairy Farm Management and Long-Term Farm Financial Performance," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 31(2), October.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Ashok K. Mishra & François N. Ortalo-Magné, 2003. "What's Wrong with Our Models of Agricultural Land Values?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(3), pages 744-752.
- Guido W. Imbens, 2004.
"Nonparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Under Exogeneity: A Review,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 4-29, February.
- Guido W. Imbens, 2003. "Nonparametric Estimation of Average Treatment Effects under Exogeneity: A Review," NBER Technical Working Papers 0294, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emanuel Melichar, 1979. "Capital Gains versus Current Income in the Farming Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(5), pages 1085-1092.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- Gloy, Brent A. & Hyde, Jeffrey & LaDue, Eddy L., 2002. "Dairy Farm Management and Long-Term Farm Financial Performance," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 233-247, October.
- Sara Carter, 1998. "Portfolio entrepreneurship in the farm sector: indigenous growth in rural areas?," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 17-32, January.
- Ohe, Yasuo, 2002. "Evaluating Household Leisure Behaviour of Rural Tourism in Japan," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24932, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Brown, Dennis M. & Reeder, Richard J., 2007. "Farm-Based Recreation: A Statistical Profile," Economic Research Report 56445, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
- Alberto Abadie & David Drukker & Jane Leber Herr & Guido W. Imbens, 2004. "Implementing matching estimators for average treatment effects in Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(3), pages 290-311, September.
- Haden, Kimberly L. & Johnson, Larry A., 1989. "Factors Which Contribute To The Financial Performance Of Selected Tennessee Dairies," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Haden, Kimberly L. & Johnson, Larry A., 1989. "Factors Which Contribute to the Financial Performance of Selected Tennessee Dairies," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 105-112, July.
- Eisner, Robert, 1989. "Divergences of Measurement and Theory and Some Implications for Economic Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Uematsu, Hiroki & Mishra, Ashok K., 2012. "Organic farmers or conventional farmers: Where's the money?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 55-62.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khanal, Aditya & Mishra, Ashok, 2015.
"Interlinked diversification strategies: Evidence from farm business households,"
2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia
196860, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Khanal, Aditya & Mishra, Ashok, 2015. "Interlinked diversification strategies: Evidence from farm business households," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196977, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Aditya R. Khanal & Ashok K. Mishra, 2014. "Agritourism and off-farm work: survival strategies for small farms," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(S1), pages 65-76, November.
- Khanal, Aditya R. & Mishra, Ashok & Koirala, Krishna H., 2014. "Participation in Agritourism and Off-farm Work: Do Small Farms Benefit?," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162453, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsaverage treatment effect; farm household income; farm tourism; propensity score matching; recreational service; return to asset; small farms; Agribusiness; Agricultural Finance; Consumer/Household Economics; Labor and Human Capital;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:arerjl:162297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nareaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.