Mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manuel Hermosilla, 2021. "Rushed Innovation: Evidence from Drug Licensing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 67(1), pages 257-278, January.
- Walter Park & Ralph Sonenshine, 2012. "Impact of Horizontal Mergers on Research & Development and Patenting: Evidence from Merger Challenges in the U.S," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 143-167, March.
- Abhirup Chakrabarti, 2015. "Organizational adaptation in an economic shock: The role of growth reconfiguration," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(11), pages 1717-1738, November.
- Ye Jin Lee & Kwangsoo Shin & Eungdo Kim, 2019. "The Influence of a Firm’s Capability and Dyadic Relationship of the Knowledge Base on Ambidextrous Innovation in Biopharmaceutical M&As," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-17, September.
- Tjandrawinata, Raymond R. & Simanjuntak, Destrina Grace, 2012. "Factors affecting productivity of research-based pharmaceutical companies following mergers and acquisitions," MPRA Paper 42514, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barbara Fidanza, 2017. "Quali driver nella selezione delle target in operazioni di M&A? Una verifica empirica nel mercato italiano," Working Papers 52-2017, Macerata University, Department of Studies on Economic Development (DiSSE), revised Jan 2018.
- Andersson, Martin & Xiao, Jing, 2016. "Acquisitions of start-ups by incumbent businesses," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 272-290.
- Lars Calmfors & Giancarlo Corsetti & Seppo Honkapohja & Gilles Saint-Paul & Hans-Werner Sinn & John Kay & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Xavier Vives, 2006. "Chapter 5: Mergers and Competition Policy in Europe," EEAG Report on the European Economy, CESifo, vol. 0, pages 101-116, March.
- Lee, Donghyun, 2017. "Cross-border mergers and acquisitions with heterogeneous firms: Technology vs. market motives," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 20-37.
- Andersson, Martin & Xiao, Jing, 2014. "Acquisitions of Start-ups by Incumbent Businesses A market selection process of “high-quality” entrants?," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/19, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Morgan, Steve & Grootendorst, Paul & Lexchin, Joel & Cunningham, Colleen & Greyson, Devon, 2011. "The cost of drug development: A systematic review," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 4-17, April.
- Thomas Canace & Steven Mann, 2014. "The impact of technology-motivated M&A and joint ventures on the value of IT and non-IT firms: a new examination," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 333-366, August.
- Desyllas, Panos & Hughes, Alan, 2010. "Do high technology acquirers become more innovative?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1105-1121, October.
- Billette de Villemeur, Etienne & Versaevel, Bruno, 2019.
"One lab, two firms, many possibilities: On R&D outsourcing in the biopharmaceutical industry,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 260-283.
- Billette de Villemeur, Etienne & Versaevel, Bruno, 2017. "One Lab, Two Firms, Many Possibilities: on R&D outsourcing in the biopharmaceutical industry," MPRA Paper 76903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Etienne Billette de Villemeur & Bruno Versaevel, 2019. "One Lab, Two Firms, Many Possibilities: on R&D outsourcing in the biopharmaceutical industry," Post-Print hal-02107357, HAL.
- Etienne Billette de Villemeur & Bruno Versaevel, 2019. "One lab, two firms, many possibilities : On R&D outsourcing in the biopharmaceutical industry," Post-Print hal-02312319, HAL.
- Barrenho, E & Smith, PC & Miraldo, M, 2013. "The determinants of attrition in drug development: a duration analysis," Working Papers 12204, Imperial College, London, Imperial College Business School.
- Abhirup Chakrabarti & Will Mitchell, 2016. "The role of geographic distance in completing related acquisitions: Evidence from U.S. chemical manufacturers," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(4), pages 673-694, April.
- Ornaghi, Carmine, 2009. "Mergers and innovation in big pharma," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 70-79, January.
- Mariana Mazzucato & Stuart Parris, 2015. "High-growth firms in changing competitive environments: the US pharmaceutical industry (1963 to 2002)," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 145-170, January.
- Sorisio, Enrico & Strøm, Steinar, 2006. "Innovation and market dynamics in the EPO market," Memorandum 12/2006, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Yasin Ç?LHOROZ & Cuma SON?UR & Mehmet GÖZLÜ & Murat KONCA, 2016. "Mergers And Acquisit?ons In Pharmaceutical Industry As A Growth Strategy: An Investigation Upon Practice," International Journal of Business and Management, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences, vol. 4(3), pages 1-12, August.
- Saud Althaqeb, 2017. "Survey of Energy Finance on the Corporate World," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 7(6), pages 153-158.
- Higgins, Matthew J. & Rodriguez, Daniel, 2006. "The outsourcing of R&D through acquisitions in the pharmaceutical industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 351-383, May.
- Burçak Polat, 2017. "FDI entry mode choice and ownership structure in Turkish market: A firm-level analysis," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1283762-128, January.
- Maé Geymond, 2020. "The influence of local institutional and historical frameworks on a globalized industry: The case of the pharmaceutical industry in France and Quebec," Post-Print halshs-02900915, HAL.
- Ornaghi, Carmine, 2006. "Mergers and innovation: the case of the pharmaceutical industry," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0605, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Christopher Paul Adams & Van Vu Brantner, 2010. "Spending on new drug development," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 130-141, February.
- Lo Nigro, Giovanna & Perrone, Giovanni & Chiapparrone, Silvia, 2012. "Governance forms drivers in bio-pharmaceutical inter-firm relationships," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 604-613.
- MichaÃ«l Dewally & Susan M.V. Flaherty & Yingying Shao, 2017. "Determinants of financial policy in the hospitality sector in the United States," Tourism Economics, , vol. 23(3), pages 523-542, May.
- Marco Ceccagnoli & Matthew J. Higgins & Vincenzo Palermo, 2014.
"Behind the Scenes: Sources of Complementarity in R&D,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 125-148, March.
- Marco Ceccagnoli & Matthew J. Higgins & Vincenzo Palermo, 2013. "Behind the Scenes: Sources of Complementarity in R&D," NBER Working Papers 18795, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shansong Huang & Yang Bai & Qingmei Tan, 2017. "How Does the Concentration of Determinants Affect Industrial Innovation Performance? – An Empirical Analysis of 23 Chinese Industrial Sectors," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Pyykkö, Elina, 2009. "Stock market valuation of R&D spending of firms acquiring targets from technologically abundant countries," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 111-126, April.
- Nishimura, Junichi & Okada, Yosuke, 2014. "R&D portfolios and pharmaceutical licensing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 1250-1263.
- Ozmel, Umit & Robinson, David T. & Stuart, Toby E., 2013. "Strategic alliances, venture capital, and exit decisions in early stage high-tech firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(3), pages 655-670.
- Abhirup Chakrabarti & Will Mitchell, 2013. "The Persistent Effect of Geographic Distance in Acquisition Target Selection," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(6), pages 1805-1826, December.
- K D S Fernald & H P G Pennings & J F van den Bosch & H R Commandeur & E Claassen, 2017. "The moderating role of absorptive capacity and the differential effects of acquisitions and alliances on Big Pharma firms' innovation performance," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(2), pages 1-22, February.
- Tannista Banerjee & Arnab Nayak, 2015. "Comparing Domestic and Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 43(4), pages 489-499, December.
- Panos Desyllas, 2009. "Improving performance through vertical disintegration: evidence from UK manufacturing firms," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(5), pages 307-324.
- McCarthy, Killian J. & Aalbers, Hendrik Leendert, 2016. "Technological acquisitions: The impact of geography on post-acquisition innovative performance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1818-1832.
- Haucap, Justus & Rasch, Alexander & Stiebale, Joel, 2019.
"How mergers affect innovation: Theory and evidence,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 283-325.
- Stiebale, Joel & Haucap, Justus, 2013. "How Mergers A ffect Innovation: Theory and Evidence," VfS Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79831, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Jinhee Kwon & Cheong Kim & Kun Chang Lee, 2020. "Moderating Effect of the Continental Factor on the Business Strategy and M&A Performance in the Pharmaceutical Industry for Sustainable International Business," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(12), pages 1-14, June.
- Mahdiyeh Entezarkheir & Saeed Moshiri, 2019. "Is innovation a factor in merger decisions? Evidence from a panel of US firms," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 57(5), pages 1783-1809, November.
- Yasin Ç?LHOROZ & Cuma SON?UR & Mehmet GÖZLÜ & Murat KONCA, 2016. "Mergers And Acquisit?ons In Pharmaceutical Industry As A Growth Strategy: An Investigation Upon Practice," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 4006562, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Anna Rita Bennato & Stephen Davies & Franco Mariuzzo & Peter Ormosi, 2019. "Mergers and Innovation: Evidence from the Hard Disk Drive Market," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Competition Policy (CCP) 2018-04v3, Centre for Competition Policy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Juha‐Pekka Kallunki & Elina Pyykkö & Tomi Laamanen, 2009. "Stock Market Valuation, Profitability and R&D Spending of the Firm: The Effect of Technology Mergers and Acquisitions," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(7‐8), pages 838-862, September.
- Panayotis Dessyllas & Alan Hughes, 2005.
"The Revealed Preferences of High Technology Acquirers: An Analysis of the Characteristics of their Targets,"
0507009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panayotis Dessyllas & Alan Hughes, 2005. "The revealed preferences of high technology acquirers: an analysis of the characteristics of their targets," Working Papers wp306, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Schön, Benjamin & Pyka, Andreas, 2013. "The success factors of technology-sourcing through mergers & acquisitions: An intuitive meta-analysis," FZID Discussion Papers 78-2013, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Ralph Siebert & Zhili Tian, 2020. "Dynamic Mergers Effects on R&D Investments and Drug Development across Research Phases in the Pharmaceutical Industry," CESifo Working Paper Series 8303, CESifo.
- Magazzini Laura & Fabio Pammolli, 2013. "R&D, Within and Between Patent Competition in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Working Papers 3/2013, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Jul 2013.
- Bertrand, Olivier, 2009. "Effects of foreign acquisitions on R&D activity: Evidence from firm-level data for France," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 1021-1031, July.
- Felipa de Mello-Sampayo & Sofia de Sousa-Vale & Francisco Camoes, 2015. "Substitutability Between Drugs, Innovation, and Fiscal Policy in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 16(2), pages 273-289, November.
- Williams, David R., 2013. "Human and financial capital as determinants of biopharmaceutical IPO de-listings," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2612-2618.