Graduation and sell-out strategies in the Alternative Investment Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David B. Audretsch & Erik E. Lehmann, 2004. "Financing High-Tech Growth: The Role of Debt or Equity," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-19, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Gleason, Kimberly C. & Rosenthal, Leonard & Wiggins III, Roy A., 2005. "Backing into being public: an exploratory analysis of reverse takeovers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, pages 54-79.
- Carpentier, Cécile & L'Her, Jean-François & Suret, Jean-Marc, 2010. "Stock exchange markets for new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 403-422, July.
- Andrea Mina & Henry Lahr & Alan Hughes, 2013. "The demand and supply of external finance for innovative firms," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, pages 869-901.
- William Lazonick & Mariana Mazzucato, 2013. "The risk-reward nexus in the innovation-inequality relationship: who takes the risks? Who gets the rewards ?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, pages 1093-1128.
- Ronald Dore, 2008.
"Financialization of the global economy,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, pages 1097-1112.
- Elena Huergo & Lourdes Moreno, 2010. "Does history matter for the relationship between R&D, Innovation and Productivity?," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_41, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Huergo, E & Moreno, L, 2010. "Does history matter for the relationship between R&D, Innovation and Productivity?," MPRA Paper 23611, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jerry Coakley & Leon Hadass & Andrew Wood, 2007. "Post-IPO Operating Performance, Venture Capital and the Bubble Years," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(9-10), pages 1423-1446.
- David J. TEECE, 2008.
"Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Transfer And Licensing Of Know-How And Intellectual Property Understanding the Multinational Enterprise in the Modern World, chapter 5, pages 67-87
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J., 1986. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 285-305, December.
- Teece, David J., 1993. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 112-113, April.
- David J. Teece, 2003. "Profiting from Technological Innovation: Implications for Integration, Collaboration, Licensing and Public Policy," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 2, pages 11-46 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Michael Peneder, 2003. "Industry Classifications: Aim, Scope and Techniques," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, pages 109-129.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 2004. "New lists: Fundamentals and survival rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 229-269, August.
- David B. Audretsch & Erik E. Lehmann, 2004. "Financing High-Tech Growth: The Role Of Banks And Venture Capitalists," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 56(4), pages 340-357, October.
- Ronan G. Powell, 1997. "Modelling Takeover Likelihood," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(7&8), pages 1009-1030.
- Alan Gregory & Cherif Guermat & Fawaz Al-Shawawreh, 2010. "UK IPOs: Long Run Returns, Behavioural Timing and Pseudo Timing," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(5-6), pages 612-647.
- Campbell, Kevin & Tabner, Isaac T., 2014. "Bonding and the agency risk premium: An analysis of migrations between the AIM and the Official List of the London Stock Exchange," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 1-20.
- Frederick Adjei & Ken Cyree & Mark Walker, 2008. "The determinants and survival of reverse mergers vs IPOs," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 32(2), pages 176-194, April.
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Pianta, Mario, 2010. "Innovation and Employment: a Reinvestigation using Revised Pavitt classes," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 799-809.
- Brau, James C. & Sutton, Ninon K. & Hatch, Nile W., 2010. "Dual-track versus single-track sell-outs: An empirical analysis of competing harvest strategies," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 389-402, July.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, pages 343-373.
- Daniele Archibugi, 2001. "Pavitt'S Taxonomy Sixteen Years On: A Review Article," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 415-425.
- Granstrand, Ove & Sjölander, Sören, 1990. "The Acquisition of Technology and Small Firms by Large Firms," Working Paper Series 213, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Paul Gompers & Josh Lerner, 2001. "The Venture Capital Revolution," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 145-168.
- Colin Mason & Ross Brown, 2013. "Creating good public policy to support high-growth firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, pages 211-225.
- Gerakos, Joseph & Lang, Mark & Maffett, Mark, 2013. "Post-listing performance and private sector regulation: The experience of London's Alternative Investment Market," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, pages 189-215.
- Bayar, Onur & Chemmanur, Thomas J., 2012. "IPOs versus Acquisitions and the Valuation Premium Puzzle: A Theory of Exit Choice by Entrepreneurs and Venture Capitalists," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(06), pages 1755-1793, February.
- Chris Mallin & Kean Ow-Yong, 2010. "The UK Alternative Investment Market – Ethical Dimensions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 223-239.
- Wennberg, Karl & Wiklund, Johan & DeTienne, Dawn R. & Cardon, Melissa S., 2010.
"Reconceptualizing entrepreneurial exit: Divergent exit routes and their drivers,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 361-375, July.
- Wennberg, Karl & Wiklund, Johan & DeTienne, Dawn & Cardon, Melissa, 2009. "Reconceptualizing Entrepreneurial Exit: Divergent Exit Routes and Their Drivers," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2009:10, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Gao, Xiaohui & Ritter, Jay R. & Zhu, Zhongyan, 2013. "Where Have All the IPOs Gone?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(06), pages 1663-1692, December.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Angelo Secchi, 2006. "Explaining the distribution of firm growth rates," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(2), pages 235-256, June.
- Dushnitsky, Gary & Lenox, Michael J., 2006. "When does corporate venture capital investment create firm value?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 753-772, November.
- Colombelli, Alessandra, 2009. "Entrepreneurial dimensions of the growth of small companies," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200902, University of Turin.
- Jeffrey A. Dubin & Douglas Rivers, 1989. "Selection Bias in Linear Regression, Logit and Probit Models," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 18(2-3), pages 360-390, November.
- Panos Desyllas & Alan Hughes, 2009. "The revealed preferences of high technology acquirers: An analysis of the innovation characteristics of their targets," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(6), pages 1089-1111, November.
- Reuer, Jeffrey J. & Ragozzino, Roberto, 2008. "Adverse selection and M&A design: The roles of alliances and IPOs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 195-212, May.
- Koetter, Michael & Wedow, Michael, 2010.
"Finance and growth in a bank-based economy: Is it quantity or quality that matters?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1529-1545, December.
- Koetter, Michael & Wedow, Michael, 2006. "Finance and growth in a bank-based economy: is it quantity or quality that matters?," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2006,02, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Reuer, Jeffrey J. & Shen, Jung-Chin, 2004. "Sequential divestiture through initial public offerings," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 249-266, June.
- Blonigen, Bruce A & Taylor, Christopher T, 2000. "R&D Intensity and Acquisitions in High-Technology Industries: Evidence from the US Electronic and Electrical Equipment Industries," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1), pages 47-70, March.
- Granstrand, Ove & Sjolander, Soren, 1990. "The acquisition of technology and small firms by large firms," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 367-386, June.
- James C. Brau & Stanley E. Fawcett, 2006. "Initial Public Offerings: An Analysis of Theory and Practice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(1), pages 399-436, February.
- Cédric Schneider & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2010.
"On young highly innovative companies: why they matter and how (not) to policy support them,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, pages 969-1007.
- Madden, Gary G & Savage, Scott J, 2001. "Regulation and international telecommunications pricing behaviour," MPRA Paper 11121, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnology-based small firms; Alternative Investment Market; acquisitions; graduations;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crj:dpaper:4_2016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margherita Gallo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crnavit.html .