Human and financial capital as determinants of biopharmaceutical IPO de-listings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stavros Peristiani, 2003. "Evaluating the riskiness of initial public offerings: 1980-2000," Staff Reports 167, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- George P. Baker & Robert E. Kennedy, 2002. "Survivorship and the Economic Grim Reaper," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 324-361, October.
- Lerner, Josh & Merges, Robert P, 1998. "The Control of Technology Alliances: An Empirical Analysis of the Biotechnology Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 125-156, June.
- Sean Nicholson, 2005.
"Biotech-Pharmaceutical Alliances as a Signal of Asset and Firm Quality,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(4), pages 1433-1464, July.
- Sean Nicholson & Patricia M. Danzon & Jeffrey S. McCullough, 2002. "Biotech-Pharmaceutical Alliances as a Signal of Asset and Firm Quality," NBER Working Papers 9007, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zucker, Lynne G. & Darby, Michael R., 1997. "Present at the biotechnological revolution: transformation of technological identity for a large incumbent pharmaceutical firm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 429-446, December.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & and Luigi Zingales, 1998.
"Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 27-64, February.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," CRSP working papers 330, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Pagano, Marco & Panetta, Fabio & Zingales, Luigi, 1996. "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 1332, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Pagano & Fabio Panetta & Luigi Zingales, 1995. "Why Do Companies Go Public? An Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mak, Y. T. & Roush, M. L., 2000. "Factors Affecting the Characteristics of Boards of Directors: An Empirical Study of New Zealand Initial Public Offering Firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 147-159, February.
- Bharat A. Jain & Omesh Kini, 1999. "The Life Cycle of Initial Public Offering Firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(9-10), pages 1281-1307.
- Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson, 2003. "The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 301-331, May.
- Baum, Joel A. C. & Silverman, Brian S., 2004. "Picking winners or building them? Alliance, intellectual, and human capital as selection criteria in venture financing and performance of biotechnology startups," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 411-436, May.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Andrew Epstein & Sean Nicholson, 2007.
"Mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(4-5), pages 307-328.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Andrew Epstein & Sean Nicholson, 2004. "Mergers and Acquisitions in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech Industries," NBER Working Papers 10536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wincent, Joakim & Anokhin, Sergey & Örtqvist, Daniel, 2010. "Does network board capital matter? A study of innovative performance in strategic SME networks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 265-275, March.
- Miller, Danny, 1977. "Common syndromes of business failure," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 43-53, December.
- Sanger, Gary C. & Peterson, James D., 1990. "An Empirical Analysis of Common Stock Delistings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 261-272, June.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 2004. "New lists: Fundamentals and survival rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 229-269, August.
- Luigi Zingales, 1995. "Insider Ownership and the Decision to Go Public," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(3), pages 425-448.
- Jain, Bharat A., 2001. "Predictors of performance of venture capitalist-backed organizations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 223-233, June.
- Stavros Peristiani & Gijoon Hong, 2004. "Pre-IPO financial performance and aftermarket survival," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 10(Feb).
- Xu, Bixia, 2009. "R&D innovation and the value of cash in the biotech industry," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(7), pages 750-755, July.
- Kollmann, Tobias & Kuckertz, Andreas, 2010. "Evaluation uncertainty of venture capitalists' investment criteria," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 741-747, July.
- Kim, Woojin & Weisbach, Michael S., 2008.
"Motivations for public equity offers: An international perspective,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 281-307, February.
- Woojin Kim & Michael S. Weisbach, 2005. "Motivations for Public Equity Offers: An International Perspective," NBER Working Papers 11797, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Chung-Jen, 2009. "Technology commercialization, incubator and venture capital, and new venture performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 93-103, January.
- Dimov, Dimo P. & Shepherd, Dean A., 2005. "Human capital theory and venture capital firms: exploring "home runs" and "strike outs"," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Joseph A. DiMasi & Henry G. Grabowski, 2007. "The cost of biopharmaceutical R&D: is biotech different?," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(4-5), pages 469-479.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Gimeno-Gascon, F. Javier & Woo, Carolyn Y., 1994. "Initial human and financial capital as predictors of new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 371-395, September.
- Erikson, Truls, 2002. "Entrepreneurial capital: the emerging venture's most important asset and competitive advantage," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 275-290, May.
- Zucker, Lynne G & Darby, Michael R & Brewer, Marilynn B, 1998. "Intellectual Human Capital and the Birth of U.S. Biotechnology Enterprises," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 290-306, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisa Ughetto, 2016. "Growth of born globals: the role of the entrepreneur’s personal factors and venture capital," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 839-857, September.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman capital; Financial capital; Initial public offerings; Strategic alliances;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:66:y:2013:i:12:p:2612-2618. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.