The determinants of attrition in drug development: a duration analysis
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||09 Oct 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: South Kensington campus, London SW7 2AZ|
Phone: +44 (0)20 7594 9137
Fax: +44 (0)20 7823 7685
Web page: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/business-school
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:602-618 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daron Acemoglu & Joshua Linn, 2004.
"Market Size in Innovation: Theory and Evidence from the Pharmaceutical Industry,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
228400000000000002, David K. Levine.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joshua Linn, 2004. "Market Size in Innovation: Theory and Evidence from the Pharmaceutical Industry," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(3), pages 1049-1090.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joshua Linn, 2003. "Market Size in Innovation: Theory and Evidence From the Pharmaceutical Industry," NBER Working Papers 10038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mikko Packalen & Jay Bhattacharya, 2010.
"Opportunities and Benefits as Determinants of the Direction of Scientific Research,"
1014, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2010.
- Bhattacharya, Jay & Packalen, Mikko, 2011. "Opportunities and benefits as determinants of the direction of scientific research," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 603-615, July.
- Rebecca Henderson & Iain Cockburn, .
"Scale, Scope and Spillovers: The Determinants of Research Productivity in Drug Discovery,"
ec25/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Rebecca Henderson & Iain Cockburn, 1996. "Scale, Scope, and Spillovers: The Determinants of Research Productivity in Drug Discovery," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(1), pages 32-59, Spring.
- DiMasi, Joseph A. & Hansen, Ronald W. & Grabowski, Henry G., 2003. "The price of innovation: new estimates of drug development costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 151-185, March.
- Mario Cleves & William W. Gould & Roberto G. Gutierrez & Yulia Marchenko, 2010. "An Introduction to Survival Analysis Using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 3, number saus3, September.
- Fiona E. Murray & Scott Stern, 2007. "Do Formal Intellectual Property Rights Hinder the Free Flow of Scientific Knowledge?: An Empirical Test of the Anti-Commons Hypothesis," NBER Chapters, in: Academic Science and Entrepreneurship: Dual Engines of Growth National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
"Public Finance in Models of Economic Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giaccotto, Carmelo & Santerre, Rexford E & Vernon, John A, 2005. "Drug Prices and Research and Development Investment Behavior in the Pharmaceutical Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(1), pages 195-214, April.
- Mahlich, Jörg C. & Roediger-Schluga, Thomas, 2006.
"The Determinants of Pharmaceutical R&D Expenditures: Evidence from Japan,"
MERIT Working Papers
015, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Jörg Mahlich & Thomas Roediger-Schluga, 2006. "The Determinants of Pharmaceutical R&D Expenditures: Evidence from Japan," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 145-164, 03.
- Danzon, Patricia M. & Nicholson, Sean & Pereira, Nuno Sousa, 2005.
"Productivity in pharmaceutical-biotechnology R&D: the role of experience and alliances,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 317-339, March.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Sean Nicholson & Nuno Sousa Pereira, 2003. "Productivity in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology R&D: The Role of Experience and Alliances," NBER Working Papers 9615, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Civan Abdulkadir & Maloney Michael T., 2006. "The Determinants of Pharmaceutical Research and Development Investments," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-38, September.
- Margaret K. Kyle, 2006. "The role of firm characteristics in pharmaceutical product launches," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 602-618, 09.
- Joseph A. DiMasi & Henry G. Grabowski, 2007. "The cost of biopharmaceutical R&D: is biotech different?," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(4-5), pages 469-479.
- de Mouzon, Oliver & Dubois, Pierre & Scott Morton, Fiona & Seabright, Paul, 2011.
"Market Size and Pharmaceutical Innovation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8367, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dubois, Pierre & de Mouzon, Olivier & Scott Morton, Fiona & Seabright, Paul, 2011. "Market Size and Pharmaceutical Innovation," IDEI Working Papers 670, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Mar 2014.
- Dubois, Pierre & de Mouzon, Olivier & Scott Morton, Fiona & Seabright, Paul, 2011. "Market Size and Pharmaceutical Innovation," TSE Working Papers 11-232, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Mar 2014.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Andrew Epstein & Sean Nicholson, 2004.
"Mergers and Acquisitions in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech Industries,"
NBER Working Papers
10536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Andrew Epstein & Sean Nicholson, 2007. "Mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(4-5), pages 307-328.
- Vigdis Boasson & Alan MacPherson, 2001. "The role of geographic location in the financial and innovation performance of publicly traded pharmaceutical companies: empirical evidence from the Untied States," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(8), pages 1431-1444, August.
- John A. Vernon, 2005. "Examining the link between price regulation and pharmaceutical R&D investment," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(1), pages 1-16.
- Van den Berg, Gerard J., 2000.
"Duration Models: Specification, Identification, and Multiple Durations,"
9446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Van den Berg, Gerard J., 2001. "Duration models: specification, identification and multiple durations," Handbook of Econometrics, in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 55, pages 3381-3460 Elsevier.
- Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni & Laura Magazzini, 2010. "The productivity crisis in pharmaceutical R&D," Working Papers 06/2010, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Christopher Paul Adams & Van Vu Brantner, 2010. "Spending on new drug development," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 130-141.
- Arundel, Anthony & Kabla, Isabelle, 1998. "What percentage of innovations are patented? empirical estimates for European firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 127-141, June.
- Jinyoung Kim & Sangjoon John Lee & Gerald Marschke, 2009. "Inventor Productivity And Firm Size: Evidence From Panel Data On Inventors," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 516-531, October.
- Vernon, John A. & Golec, Joseph H. & Lutter, Randall & Nardinelli, Clark, 2009. "An exploratory study of FDA new drug review times, prescription drug user fee acts, and R&D spending," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 1260-1274, November.
- DiMasi, Joseph A. & Hansen, Ronald W. & Grabowski, Henry G. & Lasagna, Louis, 1991. "Cost of innovation in the pharmaceutical industry," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 107-142, July.
- Henry Grabowski & John Vernon, 2000. "The determinants of pharmaceutical research and development expenditures," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 201-215.
- Barak S. Aharonson & Joel A. C. Baum & Maryann P. Feldman, 2007. "Desperately seeking spillovers? Increasing returns, industrial organization and the location of new entrants in geographic and technological space ," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 89-130, February.
- Lancaster,Tony, 1992. "The Econometric Analysis of Transition Data," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521437899, November.
- Oughton, Christine & Landabaso, Mikel & Morgan, Kevin, 2002. "The Regional Innovation Paradox: Innovation Policy and Industrial Policy," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 97-110, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imp:wpaper:12204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr David A Wilson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.