The determinants of pharmaceutical research and development expenditures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bakker, Gerben, 2013.
"Money for nothing: How firms have financed R&D-projects since the Industrial Revolution,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 1793-1814.
- Bakker, Gerben, 2013. "Money for nothing: how firms have financed R&D-projects since the industrial revolution," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51527, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bakker, Gerben, 2013. "Money for nothing: how firms have financed R&D-projects since the Industrial Revolution," Economic History Working Papers 54518, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Jörg Mahlich & Thomas Roediger-Schluga, 2006.
"The Determinants of Pharmaceutical R&D Expenditures: Evidence from Japan,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 28(2), pages 145-164, March.
- Mahlich, Jörg C. & Roediger-Schluga, Thomas, 2006. "The Determinants of Pharmaceutical R&D Expenditures: Evidence from Japan," MERIT Working Papers 015, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Thomas A. Abbott & John A. Vernon, 2005. "The Cost of US Pharmaceutical Price Reductions: A Financial Simulation Model of R&D Decisions," NBER Working Papers 11114, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alex Coad & Rekha Rao, 2010. "Firm growth and R&D expenditure," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 127-145.
- Hassanzadeh, Farhad & Modarres, Mohammad & Nemati, Hamid R. & Amoako-Gyampah, Kwasi, 2014. "A robust R&D project portfolio optimization model for pharmaceutical contract research organizations," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 18-27.
- repec:spr:rvmgts:v:12:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11846-016-0218-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vernon, John A. & Golec, Joseph H. & Lutter, Randall & Nardinelli, Clark, 2009. "An exploratory study of FDA new drug review times, prescription drug user fee acts, and R&D spending," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 1260-1274, November.
- Balconi, Margherita & Brusoni, Stefano & Orsenigo, Luigi, 2010. "In defence of the linear model: An essay," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Bastian Rake, 2017.
"Determinants of pharmaceutical innovation: the role of technological opportunities revisited,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 691-727, September.
- Bastian Rake, 2012. "Determinants of Pharmaceutical Innovation: The Role of Technological Opportunities Revisited," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-018, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Bastian Rake, 2013. "Determinants of Pharmaceutical Innovation: The Role of Technological Opportunities Revisited," DRUID Working Papers 13-03, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Yang, Chih-Hai & Tseng, Yu-Hsuan & Chen, Chiang-Ping, 2012. "Environmental regulations, induced R&D, and productivity: Evidence from Taiwan's manufacturing industries," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 514-532.
- Grabowski, Henry & Vernon, John & DiMasi, Joseph, 2002. "Returns on R&D for 1990s New Drug Introductions," Working Papers 02-21, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Mueller-Langer, Frank, 2013. "Neglected infectious diseases: Are push and pull incentive mechanisms suitable for promoting drug development research?," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 185-208, April.
- Desiderio Romero-Jordán & María Delgado-Rodríguez & Inmaculada Álvarez-Ayuso & Sonia Lucas-Santos, 2014. "Assessment of the public tools used to promote R&D investment in Spanish SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 959-976, December.
- Ramesh Govindaraj & Gnanaraj Chellaraj, 2002. "The Indian Pharmaceutical Sector : Issues and Options for Health Sector Reform," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15231, April.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2008:i:36:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- William Kingston, 2004. "Nelson's Concerns About Intellectual Property," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000000461, David K. Levine.
- Toole, Andrew A., 2005. "Does Public Scientific Research Complement Industry R&D Investment? The Case of NIH Supported Basic and Clinical Research and Pharmaceutical Industry R&D," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-75, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Barrenho, E & Smith, PC & Miraldo, M, 2013. "The determinants of attrition in drug development: a duration analysis," Working Papers 12204, Imperial College, London, Imperial College Business School.
- John A. Vernon, 2005. "Examining the link between price regulation and pharmaceutical R&D investment," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(1), pages 1-16.
- Rodrigo Cerda, 2007. "Endogenous innovations in the pharmaceutical industry," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 473-515, August.
- Rutger P. Daems PhD & Edith L. Maes DBA, 2013. "Pharmaceutical Portfolio Management: Global Disease Burden and Corporate Performance Metrics," Working Papers 2013/07, Maastricht School of Management.
- John Vernon & Joseph Golec & J. Stevens, 2010. "Comparative Effectiveness Regulations and Pharmaceutical Innovation," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 28(10), pages 877-887, October.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Eric L. Keuffel, 2014. "Regulation of the Pharmaceutical-Biotechnology Industry," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Regulation and Its Reform: What Have We Learned?, pages 407-484 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsPharmaceuticals - R&D - Innovation - Cash flow - Expected returns;
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology; Plastics
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joevec:v:10:y:2000:i:1:p:201-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .