Citations for "Labor Migration and Risk Aversion in Less Developed Countries"
by Katz, Eliakim & Stark, Oded
- Angelucci, Manuela, 2004. "Aid and Migration: An Analysis of the Impact of Progresa on the Timing and Size of Labour Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 1187, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Koska, Onur A. & Saygin, Perihan Özge & Çağatay, Selim & Artal-Tur, Andrés, 2013. "International migration, remittances, and the human capital formation of Egyptian children," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 38-50.
- Bravo-Ureta, B. & Ely, R.D. & Pelto, P.J. & Meneses, L. & Allen, L.H. & Pelto, G.H. & Chavez, A., 1989. "Determinants of Rural-to-Urban Labour Movements in Mexico: Household Perspective," Occasional Paper Series No. 5 197707, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Raphael Nawrotzki & Fernando Riosmena & Lori Hunter, 2013. "Do Rainfall Deficits Predict U.S.-Bound Migration from Rural Mexico? Evidence from the Mexican Census," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 129-158, February.
- Dustmann, Christian, 1997. "Return migration, uncertainty and precautionary savings," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 295-316, April.
- Jaeger David A. & Dohmen Thomas & Falk Armin & Huffman David & Sunde Uwe & Bonin Holger, 2008.
"Direct Evidence in Risk Attitudes and Migration,"
ROA Research Memorandum
011, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Jaeger, David A. & Bonin, Holger & Dohmen, Thomas & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David B. & Sunde, Uwe, 2007. "Direct Evidence on Risk Attitudes and Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 2655, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David A. Jaeger & Holger Bonin & Thomas Dohmen & Armin Falk & David Huffman & Uwe Sunde, 2007. "Direct Evidence on Risk Attitudes and Migration," Working Papers 50, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- David A. Jaeger & Holger Bonin & Thomas Dohmen & Armin Falk & David Huffman & Uwe Sunde, 2007. "Direct Evidence on Risk Attitudes and Migration," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0703, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Jaeger, David A. & Dohmen, Thomas J. & Falk, Armin & Huffman, David & Sunde, Uwe & Bonin, Holger, 2010. "Direct evidence on risk attitudes and migration," Munich Reprints in Economics 19528, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Malone, Lauren, 2007. "Migrantsâ€™ Remittances and Investments in Childrenâ€™s Human Capital: The Role of Asymmetric Preferences in Mexico," Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, Working Paper Series qt23n6s2p3, Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, UC Santa Cruz.
- Shonchoy, Abu S., 2011. "Seasonal migration and micro-credit in the lean period : evidence from northwest Bangladesh," IDE Discussion Papers 294, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- William Herrin & John Knight & Arsene Balihuta, 2009. "Migration and Wealth Accumulation in Uganda," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 165-179, August.
- Cris Beauchemin & Lama Kabbanji & Bruno Schoumaker, 2009. "Entre parcours de vie des migrants et attentes politiques, quel co-développement en Afrique subsaharienne," Working Papers 166, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Adama Zerbo, 2006. "Marché du travail urbain et pauvreté en Afrique subsaharienne : un modèle d’analyse," Documents de travail 129, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Mendola, Mariapia, 2008.
"Migration and technological change in rural households: Complements or substitutes?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 150-175, February.
- Mariapia MENDOLA, 2005. "Migration and technological change in rural households: complements or substitutes?," Departmental Working Papers 2005-15, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Sonia Laszlo & Eric Santor, 2004. "Internal Migration and Borrowing Constraints: Evidence from Peru," Development and Comp Systems 0411022, EconWPA.
- Yu Zhu & Zhongmin Wu & Meiyan Wang & Yang Du & Fang Cai, 2009.
"Do Migrants Really Save More? Understanding the Impact of Remittances on Savings in Rural China,"
Studies in Economics
0923, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Yu Zhu & Zhongmin Wu & Meiyan Wang & Yang Du & Fang Cai, 2011. "Do Migrants Really Save More? Understanding the Impact of Remittances on Savings in Rural China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 654-672, June.
- Li Hao & Daniel Houser & Lei Mao & Marie Claire Villeval, 2014.
"A Field Study of Chinese Migrant Workers' Attitudes Toward Risks, Strategic Uncertainty, and Competitiveness,"
1047, George Mason University, Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science.
- Li Hao & Daniel Houser & Lei Mao & Marie Claire Villeval, 2014. "A Field Study of Chinese Migrant Workers' Attitudes toward Risks, Strategic Uncertainty, and Competitiveness," Working Papers halshs-00997502, HAL.
- Hao, Li & Houser, Daniel & Mao, Lei & Villeval, Marie Claire, 2014. "A Field Study of Chinese Migrant Workers' Attitudes toward Risks, Strategic Uncertainty, and Competitiveness," IZA Discussion Papers 8227, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Li Hao & Daniel Houser & Lei Mao & Marie Claire Villeval, 2014. "A Field Study of Chinese Migrant Workers’ Attitudes toward Risks, Strategic Uncertainty, and Competitiveness," Working Papers 1418, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- Randall S. Kuhn, 2000. "The Logic of Letting Go: Family and Individual Migration from Rural Bangladesh," Working Papers 00-09, RAND Corporation Publications Department.
- Appelbaum, Elie & Katz, Eliakim, 1981. "Market Constraints as a Rationale for the Friedman-Savage Utility Function," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 819-25, August.
- Wadim Strielkowski & Petr Filipec & Miroslav Štefánik & Karolina Kowalska, 2013. "Outward Labour Migration in the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia after the EU Enlargement in 2004," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 042-054, March.
- Hagen-Zanker, Jessica, 2010. "Modest expectations: Causes and effects of migration on migrant households in source countries," MPRA Paper 29507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Julan Du & Qing He & Oliver M. Rui, 2011.
"Channels of Interprovincial Risk Sharing in China,"
122011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Nguyen Viet Cuong & Daniel Mont, 2012. "Economic impacts of international migration and remittances on household welfare in Vietnam," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(2), pages 144-163, July.
- Cardenas, Juan Camilo & Carpenter, Jeffrey, 2013. "Risk attitudes and economic well-being in Latin America," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 52-61.
- Meyer, Wiebke, 2012. "Motives for remitting from Germany to Kosovo," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO), volume 69, number 69, October.
- Adams, Richard H., Jr., 1996. "Remittances, income distribution, and rural asset accumulation," FCND discussion papers 17, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00344790 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wadim Strielkowski & Jan Hněvkovský, 2013. "The Performance Of The Czech Labour Market After The 2004 Eu Enlargement," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 58(197), pages 79-94, April – J.
- Wayne Edwards & Lee Huskey, 2008. "Job search with an external opportunity: an experimental exploration of the Todaro Paradox," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 807-819, December.
- Ahsan, Quamrul, 2005. "Micro-credit, risk coping and the incidence of rural-to-urban migration," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 2, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Kong-Pin Chen & Shin-Hwang Chiang & Siu-Fai Leung, 2002.
"Migration, Family, and Risk Diversification,"
2002_01, York University, Department of Economics.
- Mariapia Mendola, 2004. "Migration and Technological Change in Rural Households: Complements or Substitutes?," Development Working Papers 195, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini, 2009. "Revisiting the Informal Sector: A General Equilibrium Approach," MPRA Paper 52135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Du, Julan & He, Qing & Rui, Oliver M., 2011. "Channels of Interprovincial Consumption Risk Sharing in the People’s Republic of China," ADBI Working Papers 334, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Avato, Johanna, 2009. "Migration pressures and immigration policies : new evidence on the selection of migrants," Social Protection Discussion Papers 52449, The World Bank.
- Ibrahim Sirkeci & Jeffrey H. Cohen & Dilip Ratha, 2012. "Migration and Remittances during the Global Financial Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13092.
- S.M. Turab Hussain, 2005. "Rural to Urban Migration and Network Effects in an Extended Family Framework," Microeconomics Working Papers 22257, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.