Market Constraints as a Rationale for the Friedman-Savage Utility Function
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Crossley, Thomas F. & Low, Hamish & Smith, Sarah, 2016.
"Do consumers gamble to convexify?,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 131(PA), pages 276-291.
- Thomas Crossley & Hamish Low & Sarah Smith, 2011. "Do consumers gamble to convexify?," IFS Working Papers W11/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Thomas F. Crossley & Hamish Low & Sarah Smith, 2013. "Do Consumers Gamble to Convexify?," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1314, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Dowell, Richard S & McLaren, Keith R, 1986. "An Intertemporal Analysis of the Interdependence between Risk Preference, Retirement, and Work Rate Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 667-682, June.
- Raymond D. Sauer, 1998. "The Economics of Wagering Markets," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 2021-2064, December.
- Fabella, Raul V., 1990. "Induced global risk preference," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 313-317, April.
- Katz, Eliakim & Stark, Oded, 1986. "Labor Migration and Risk Aversion in Less Developed Countries," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(1), pages 134-149, January.
- Marshall, John M, 1984. "Gambles and the Shadow Price of Death," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(1), pages 73-86, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elie Appelbaum & Richard G. Harris, 1978. "Imperfect Capital Markets and Life-Cycle Saving," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 11(2), pages 319-324, May.
- Douglas W. Blackburn & Andrey D. Ukhov, 2013. "Individual vs. Aggregate Preferences: The Case of a Small Fish in a Big Pond," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(2), pages 470-484, August.
- repec:eee:mateco:v:71:y:2017:i:c:p:20-27 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:89:y:1981:i:4:p:819-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.