Scholars' physical appearance, research performance and feelings of happiness
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alexander Dilger & Laura Lütkenhöner & Harry Müller, 2015. "Scholars’ physical appearance, research performance, and feelings of happiness," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 104(2), pages 555-573, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antić & Uwe Dulleck, 2008.
"Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who Is the Happiest of Them All?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 309-319, May.
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antic & Uwe Dulleck, 2007. "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the happiest of them all?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2007-16, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antic & Uwe Dulleck, 2007. "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, who is the Happiest of Them All?," NCER Working Paper Series 20, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- repec:spr:scient:v:82:y:2010:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-009-0037-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Parker, Amy, 2005. "Beauty in the classroom: instructors' pulchritude and putative pedagogical productivity," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 369-376, August.
- Gonzalez-Brambila, Claudia & Veloso, Francisco M., 2007. "The determinants of research output and impact: A study of Mexican researchers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1035-1051, September.
- Markus M. Mobius & Tanya S. Rosenblat, 2006. "Why Beauty Matters," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 222-235, March.
- Dilger, Alexander & Müller, Harry, 2011. "Ein Forschungsleistungsranking auf der Grundlage von Google Scholar," Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics 12/2011, University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics.
- Amy King & Andrew Leigh, 2009. "Beautiful Politicians," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 579-593, November.
- Patzer, Gordon L., 1983. "Source credibility as a function of communicator physical attractiveness," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 229-241, June.
- Clément Bosquet & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2013.
"Are academics who publish more also more cited? Individual determinants of publication and citation records,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 97(3), pages 831-857, December.
- Clément Bosquet & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2012. "Are academics who publish more also more cited? Individual determinants of publication and citation records," AMSE Working Papers 1236, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Clément Bosquet & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2012. "Are Academics Who Publish More Also More Cited? Individual Determinants of Publication and Citation Records," Working Papers halshs-00793647, HAL.
- Clément Bosquet & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2013. "Are academics who publish more also more cited? Individual determinants of publication and citation records," Post-Print hal-01498237, HAL.
- repec:spr:scient:v:99:y:2014:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-013-1213-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamermesh, Daniel S & Biddle, Jeff E, 1994. "Beauty and the Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1174-1194, December.
- Graham, Carol & Eggers, Andrew & Sukhtankar, Sandip, 2004. "Does happiness pay?: An exploration based on panel data from Russia," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 319-342, November.
- repec:spr:scient:v:94:y:2013:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0760-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Devesh Kapur & Megan Crowley, 2008. "Beyond the ABCs: Higher Education and Developing Countries," Working Papers 139, Center for Global Development.
- Ed Diener & Carol Nickerson & Richard Lucas & Ed Sandvik, 2002. "Dispositional Affect and Job Outcomes," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 59(3), pages 229-259, September.
- Biddle, Jeff E & Hamermesh, Daniel S, 1998.
"Beauty, Productivity, and Discrimination: Lawyers' Looks and Lucre,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 172-201, January.
- Jeff E. Biddle & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1995. "Beauty, Productivity and Discrimination: Lawyers' Looks and Lucre," NBER Working Papers 5366, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- M00 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - General - - - General
- M50 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2013-07-28 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-SOG-2013-07-28 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:umiodp:62013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ilmuede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.