Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the happiest of them all?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antić & Uwe Dulleck, 2008. "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who Is the Happiest of Them All?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 309-319, May.
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antic & Uwe Dulleck, 2007. "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, who is the Happiest of Them All?," NCER Working Paper Series 20, National Centre for Econometric Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
- Frey, Bruno S, et al, 1984. "Consensus and Dissension among Economists: An Empirical Inquiry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 986-994, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amy King & Andrew Leigh, 2009. "Beautiful Politicians," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 579-593, November.
- Bakkenbüll, Linn-Brit, 2015. "Does attractiveness win? On the gender-specific impact of attractiveness on athletic performance in tennis," Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics 01/2016, University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics.
- Bruno S. Frey & Reiner Eichenberger & René L. Frey, 2009. "Editorial Ruminations: Publishing Kyklos," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 151-160, April.
- repec:spr:scient:v:104:y:2015:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-015-1623-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Ehrmann & Brinja Meiseberg & Christian Ritz, 2009. "Superstar Effects in Deluxe Gastronomy - An Empirical Analysis of Value Creation in German Quality Restaurants," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 526-541, November.
- Alexander Dilger & Laura Lütkenhöner & Harry Müller, 2015.
"Scholars’ physical appearance, research performance, and feelings of happiness,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 104(2), pages 555-573, August.
- Dilger, Alexander & Lütkenhöner, Laura & Müller, Harry, 2013. "Scholars' physical appearance, research performance and feelings of happiness," Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics 6/2013, University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics.
- Linn-Brit Bakkenbüll & Stephanie Kiefer, 2015. "Are Attractive Female Tennis Players More Successful? An Empirical Analysis," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(4), pages 443-458, November.
More about this item
Keywordshappiness; subjective well-being; perceptions; superstars; economists;
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2007-09-24 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2007-09-24 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-SOC-2007-09-24 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-SOG-2007-09-24 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cra:wpaper:2007-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna-Lea Werlen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cremach.html .