Editorial Ruminations: Publishing Kyklos
Scholars today are under increasing pressure to publish in A journals, the main role of which consists in certifying that a paper meets traditional academic standards. Consequences of this pressure are multiple authorship, the slicing of ideas, and incentives to deviate from the truth. The overburdened reviewers' evaluations are characterized by selfish efforts to protect their intellectual capital and to avoid risk. The behaviour of editors depends much on whether there are a large or small number of editors. Copyright 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 62 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (04)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0023-5962|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0023-5962|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthias Helble, 2007. "Is God Good for Trade?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 385-413, 08.
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antić & Uwe Dulleck, 2008.
"Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who Is the Happiest of Them All?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 309-319, 05.
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antic & Uwe Dulleck, 2007. "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the happiest of them all?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2007-16, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antic & Uwe Dulleck, 2007. "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, who is the Happiest of Them All?," NCER Working Paper Series 20, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Scott Beaulier & Bryan Caplan, 2007. "Behavioral Economics and Perverse Effects of the Welfare State," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(4), pages 485-507, November.
- M . G. Quibria, 2006. "Does Governance Matter? Yes, No or Maybe: Some Evidence from Developing Asia," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 99-114, 02.
- M. G. Quibria, 2006. "Does Governance Matter? Yes, No or Maybe - Some Evidence from Developing Asia," Working Papers 02-2006, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- M. G. Quibria, 2006. "Does Governance Matter? Yes, No or Maybe Some Evidence from Developing Asia," Development Economics Working Papers 22474, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hung-Lin Tao, 2008. "Attractive Physical Appearance vs. Good Academic Characteristics: Which Generates More Earnings?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 114-133, 02. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)