Religion, Religious Diversity and Tourism
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- McCleary, Rachel & Barro, Robert, 2003. "Religion and Economic Growth across Countries," Scholarly Articles 3708464, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Andros Kourtellos & Chih Ming Tan, 2012.
"Is God in the details? A reexamination of the role of religion in economic growth,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(7), pages 1059-1075, November.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Andros Kourtellos & Chih Ming Tan, 2006. "Is God in the Details? A Reexamination of the Role of Religion in Economic Growth," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0613, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Andros Kourtellos & Chih Ming Tan, 2010. "Is God in the Details? A Reexamination of the Role of Religion in Economic Growth," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 11-2010, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rock-Antoine Mehanna, 2003. "International trade, religion, and political freedom: an empirical investigation," Global Business and Economics Review, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(2), pages 284-296.
- repec:ags:stataj:163398 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guimarães, Paulo & Portugal, Pedro, 2010.
"A simple feasible procedure to fit models with high-dimensional fixed effects,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 10(4), pages 1-22.
- Paulo Guimarães & Pedro Portugal, 2010. "A simple feasible procedure to fit models with high-dimensional fixed effects," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 10(4), pages 628-649, December.
- Juan Ruiz & Josep M. Vilarrubia, 2007. "The wise use of dummies in gravity models: export potentials in the Euromed region," Working Papers 0720, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Fourie, Johan & Santana-Gallego, María, 2013. "Ethnic reunion and cultural affinity," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 411-420.
- Christoph Vietze, 2008. "Cultural Effects on Inbound Tourism into the USA: A Gravity Approach," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-037, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Nathan Nunn, 2012. "Culture and the Historical Process," Economic History of Developing Regions, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(S1), pages 108-126.
- Yener Kandogan, 2008. "Consistent Estimates of Regional Blocs' Trade Effects," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 301-314, May.
- Feenstra, Robert C, 2002. "Border Effects and the Gravity Equation: Consistent Methods for Estimation," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 49(5), pages 491-506, December.
- Jean Ensminger, 1997. "Transaction Costs and Islam: Explaining Conversion in Africa," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 153(1), pages 1-4, March.
- Nigel Tomes, 1984. "The Effects of Religion and Denomination on Earnings and the Returns to Human Capital," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8419, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2009.
"Cultural Biases in Economic Exchange?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 1095-1131.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2004. "Cultural Biases in Economic Exchange," NBER Working Papers 11005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2007. "Cultural Biases in Economic Exchange?," Economics Working Papers ECO2007/42, European University Institute.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2005. "Cultural Biases in Economic Exchange," CEPR Discussion Papers 4837, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2005. "Cultural Biases in Economic Exchange," 2005 Meeting Papers 234, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Matthias Helble, 2007. "Is God Good for Trade?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 385-413, August.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:6:p:1343-1351 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cii:cepiei:2011-q4-128-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan Tinbergen, 1962. "Les données fondamentales d'un plan régional," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 3(11), pages 329-336.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- repec:cii:cepiei:2011-q4-128-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cii:cepiei:2011-q4-128 is not listed on IDEAS
- Angel Bujosa & Jaume Rosselló, 2013. "Climate change and summer mass tourism: the case of Spanish domestic tourism," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 363-375, March.
- Johan Fourie & Maria Santana-Gallego, 2010. "The impact of mega-events on tourist arrivals," Working Papers 171, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Nigel Tomes, 1984. "The Effects of Religion and Denomination on Earnings and the Returns to Human Capital," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(4), pages 472-488.
- Yair Eilat & Liran Einav, 2004. "Determinants of international tourism: a three-dimensional panel data analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(12), pages 1315-1327.
- Guo, Rongxing, 2004. "How culture influences foreign trade: evidence from the U.S. and China," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 785-812, December.
- Seán Lyons & Karen Mayor & Richard S.J. Tol, 2007. "Holiday Destinations: Understanding the Travel Choices of Irish," Papers WP210, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Joshua J. Lewer & Hendrik Van den Berg, 2007. "Estimating the Institutional and Network Effects of Religious Cultures on International Trade," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 255-277, May.
- Jérôme Hergueux, 2011. "How does religion bias the allocation of Foreign Direct Investment? The role of institutions," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 128, pages 53-76.
- Fred Glahe & Frank Vorhies, 1989. "Religion, liberty and economic development: An empirical investigation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 62(3), pages 201-215, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Horák Miroslav & Kozumplíková Alice & Lorencová Helena & Lampartová Ivana & Somerlíková Kristína, 2015. "Religious Tourism in the South-Moravian and Zlín Regions: Proposal for Three New Pilgrimage Routes," European Countryside, Sciendo, vol. 7(3), pages 167-178, December.
- Emanuele Breda & Giacomo Oddo, 2019. "The determinants of foreign tourism demand: separating elasticities for the extensive and the intensive margin," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 482, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
Keywordsreligion; tourism demand; gravity model;
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sza:wpaper:wpapers214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Melt van Schoor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.