Gravity models for tourism demand: theory and use
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrea Bigano & Jacqueline M. Hamilton & Richard S.J. Tol, 2004.
"The Impact Of Climate On Holiday Destination Choice,"
FNU-55, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Oct 2004.
- Richard S.J. Tol & Andrea Bigano & Jacqueline M. Hamilton, 2005. "The Impact of Climate on Holiday Destination Choice," Working Papers 2005.4, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Barry Eichengreen & Hui Tong, 2007.
"Is China’s FDI Coming at the Expense of Other Countries?,"
Chapters, in: Klaus Liebscher & Josef Christl & Peter Mooslechner & Doris Ritzberger-Grünwald (ed.),Foreign Direct Investment in Europe, chapter 11,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tong, Hui, 2007. "Is China's FDI coming at the expense of other countries?," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 153-172, June.
- Barry Eichengreen & Hui Tong, 2005. "Is China's FDI Coming at the Expense of Other Countries?," NBER Working Papers 11335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Salvador Gil‐Pareja & Rafael Llorca‐Vivero & José Antonio Martínez‐Serrano, 2007. "The Effect of EMU on Tourism," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 302-312, May.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1985. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade: Some Microeconomic Foundations and Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 474-481, August.
- Massidda, Carla & Etzo, Ivan, 2012. "The determinants of Italian domestic tourism: A panel data analysis," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 603-610.
- Christoph Vietze, 2012.
"Cultural Effects on Inbound Tourism into the USA: A Gravity Approach,"
Tourism Economics, , vol. 18(1), pages 121-138, February.
- Christoph Vietze, 2008. "Cultural Effects on Inbound Tourism into the USA: A Gravity Approach," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-037, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 2008. "FDI as an outcome of the market for corporate control: Theory and evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 2-20, January.
- McCallum, John, 1995. "National Borders Matter: Canada-U.S. Regional Trade Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 615-623, June.
- María Santana‐Gallego & Francisco J. Ledesma‐Rodríguez & Jorge V. Pérez‐Rodríguez & Isabel Cortés‐Jiménez, 2010. "Does a Common Currency Promote Countries’ Growth via Trade and Tourism?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(12), pages 1811-1835, December.
- Alan Deardorff, 1998.
"Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Regionalization of the World Economy, pages 7-32,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deardorff, A.V., 1995. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade : Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," Papers 95-05, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Alan V. Deardorff, 1995. "Determinants of Bilateral Trade: Does Gravity Work in a Neoclassical World?," NBER Working Papers 5377, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- K. E. McConnell, 1992. "On-Site Time in the Demand for Recreation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(4), pages 918-925.
- Witt, Stephen F. & Witt, Christine A., 1995. "Forecasting tourism demand: A review of empirical research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 447-475, September.
- Johan Fourie & Maria Santana-Gallego, 2010. "The impact of mega-events on tourist arrivals," Working Papers 171, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Ramesh Durbarry, 2008. "Tourism Taxes: Implications for Tourism Demand in the UK," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 21-36, February.
- Provencher, Bill & Bishop, Richard C., 1997. "An Estimable Dynamic Model of Recreation Behavior with an Application to Great Lakes Angling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 107-127, June.
- Fukunari Kimura & Hyun-Hoon Lee, 2006. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade in Services," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 142(1), pages 92-121, April.
- Marrocu, Emanuela & Paci, Raffaele, 2013.
"Different tourists to different destinations. Evidence from spatial interaction models,"
Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 71-83.
- E. Marrocu & R. Paci, 2012. "Different tourists to different destinations. Evidence from spatial interaction models," Working Paper CRENoS 201210, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Yair Eilat & Liran Einav, 2004. "Determinants of international tourism: a three-dimensional panel data analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(12), pages 1315-1327.
- Kiyong Keum, 2010. "Tourism flows and trade theory: a panel data analysis with the gravity model," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(3), pages 541-557, June.
- David Karemera & Victor Iwuagwu Oguledo & Bobby Davis, 2000. "A gravity model analysis of international migration to North America," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(13), pages 1745-1755.
More about this item
KeywordsGravity model; Tourism demand modeling; Structural determinants;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:anture:v:48:y:2014:i:c:p:1-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/annals-of-tourism-research/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.