The Effects of World Heritage Sites on Domestic Tourism: A Spatial Interaction Model for Italy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roberto Patuelli & Maurizio Mussoni & Guido Candela, 2013. "The effects of World Heritage Sites on domestic tourism: a spatial interaction model for Italy," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 369-402, July.
- Candela, Guido & Mussoni, Maurizio & Patuelli Roberto, 2012. "The effects of World Heritage Sites on domestic tourism: a spatial interaction model for Italy," EBLA Working Papers 201204, University of Turin.
- R. Patuelli & M. Mussoni & G. Candela, 2012. "The Effects of World Heritage Sites on Domestic Tourism: A Spatial Interaction Model for Italy," Working Papers wp834, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baier, Scott L. & Bergstrand, Jeffrey H., 2009. "Bonus vetus OLS: A simple method for approximating international trade-cost effects using the gravity equation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 77-85, February.
- Roberto Cellini & Tiziana Cuccia, 2013.
"Museum and monument attendance and tourism flow: a time series analysis approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(24), pages 3473-3482, August.
- Cellini, Roberto & Cuccia, Tiziana, 2009. "Museum and monument attendance and tourism flow: A time series analysis approach," MPRA Paper 18908, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Piotrowski & Rabah Arezki & Reda Cherif, 2009.
"Tourism Specialization and Economic Development; Evidence from the UNESCO World Heritage List,"
IMF Working Papers
09/176, International Monetary Fund.
- Arezki, Rabah & Cherif, Reda & Piotrowski, John, 2009. "Tourism Specialization and Economic Development: Evidence from the UNESCO World Heritage List," MPRA Paper 17132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martijn Burger & Frank van Oort & Gert-Jan Linders, 2009.
"On the Specification of the Gravity Model of Trade: Zeros, Excess Zeros and Zero-inflated Estimation,"
Spatial Economic Analysis,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 167-190.
- Burger, M.J. & van Oort, F.G. & Linders, G.J.M., 2009. "On the Specification of the Gravity Model of Trade: Zeros, Excess Zeros and Zero-Inflated Estimation," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2009-003-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Leamer, Edward E. & Levinsohn, James, 1995.
"International trade theory: The evidence,"
Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 26, pages 1339-1394
- Edward E. Leamer & James Levinsohn, 1994. "International Trade Theory: The Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4940, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leamer, E. & Levingsohn, J., 1994. "International Trade Theory: The Evidence," Working Papers 368, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- repec:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:3:p:603-610 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christoph Vietze, 2008. "Cultural Effects on Inbound Tourism into the USA: A Gravity Approach," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-037, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:2:p:452-454 is not listed on IDEAS
- Witt, Stephen F. & Witt, Christine A., 1995. "Forecasting tourism demand: A review of empirical research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 447-475, September.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2006.
"The Log of Gravity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 641-658, November.
- Joao Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0701, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEPR Discussion Papers 5311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Santos Silva, Joao & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The log of gravity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3744, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:spr:sptbec:978-3-642-20874-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- F. Di Lascio & Simone Giannerini & Antonello Scorcu & Guido Candela, 2011. "Cultural tourism and temporary art exhibitions in Italy: a panel data analysis," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 20(4), pages 519-542, November.
- Stefania Lionetti & Roberto Patuelli, 2009.
"Trading Cultural Goods in the Era of Digital Piracy,"
Working Paper series
40_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Sep 2010.
- Stefania Lionetti & Roberto Patuelli, 2009. "Trading Cultural Goods in the Era of Digital Piracy," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 0907, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Tamara de la Mata & Carlos Llano-Verduras, 2012. "Spatial pattern and domestic tourism: An econometric analysis using inter-regional monetary flows by type of journey," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(2), pages 437-470, June.
- Volker Nitsch, 2000. "National borders and international trade: evidence from the European Union," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1091-1105, November.
- Tiziana Cuccia & Roberto Cellini, 2007. "Is cultural heritage really important for tourists? A contingent rating study," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 261-271.
- A S Fotheringham, 1983. "A new set of spatial-interaction models: the theory of competing destinations," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 15(1), pages 15-36, January.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Complexity, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Yair Eilat & Liran Einav, 2004. "Determinants of international tourism: a three-dimensional panel data analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(12), pages 1315-1327.
- Kiyong Keum, 2010. "Tourism flows and trade theory: a panel data analysis with the gravity model," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(3), pages 541-557, June.
- Anderson, James E, 1979. "A Theoretical Foundation for the Gravity Equation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 106-116, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Galli, Paolo & Fraga, Carla & de Sequeira Santos, Marcio Peixoto, 2016. "Gravitational force exerted by Brazilian tourist destinations on foreign air travelers," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 76-83.
- Santana-Gallego, María & Ledesma-Rodríguez, Francisco J. & Pérez-Rodríguez, Jorge V., 2016. "International trade and tourism flows: An extension of the gravity model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 1026-1033.
- repec:eee:touman:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:67-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jculte:v:41:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10824-017-9300-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthias Firgo & Oliver Fritz, 2017.
"Does having the right visitor mix do the job? Applying an econometric shift-share model to regional tourism developments,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 58(3), pages 469-490, May.
- Matthias Firgo & Oliver Fritz, 2016. "Does Having the Right Visitor Mix Do the Job? Applying an Econometric Shift-share Model to Regional Tourism Developments," WIFO Working Papers 517, WIFO.
- Duha Altindag, 2014.
"Crime and International Tourism,"
Journal of Labor Research,
Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Duha T. Altindag, 2009. "Crime and International Tourism," Departmental Working Papers 2009-15, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Duha T. Altindag, 2014. "Crime and International Tourism," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2014-01, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:3:p:626-:d:133832 is not listed on IDEAS
- Irina-Virginia Dragulanescu & Gabriela Cecilia Stanciulescu & Ion Andrei & Timea-Anca Stan, 2014. "European Cultural and Touristic Heritage: Sighisoara vs. Verona," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 16(Special 8), pages 1160-1160, August.
- Diana Pérez Dacal & Melchor Fernández Fernández & Yolanda Pena Boquete, 2013. "Measuring Tourism Specialization: a composite indicator for the Spanish regions," Documentos de trabajo - Analise Economica 0056, IDEGA - Instituto Universitario de Estudios e Desenvolvemento de Galicia.
- Roberto Patuelli & Maurizio Mussoni & Guido Candela, 2014.
"Cultural offer and distance in a spatial interaction model for tourism,"
Economics and Business Letters,
Oviedo University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 96-108.
- R. Patuelli & M. Mussoni & G. Candela, 2014. "Cultural Offer and Distance in a Spatial Interaction Model for Tourism," Working Papers wp943, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Roberto Patuelli & Maurizio Mussoni & Guido Candela, 2014. "Cultural Offer and Distance in a Spatial Interaction Model for Tourism," Working Paper series 14_14, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Sep 2014.
- Cuccia, Tiziana & Guccio, Calogero & Rizzo, Ilde, 2016. "The effects of UNESCO World Heritage List inscription on tourism destinations performance in Italian regions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 494-508.
- Gianluca Cafiso & Roberto Cellini & Tiziana Cuccia, 2015. "Do Economic Crises Lead Tourists to Closer Destinations? An Analysis of Italy's Regional Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 5250, CESifo Group Munich.
- João Romão & Hiramisu Saito, 2016. "Regional Tourism Dynamics in Japan: An Exploratory Spatial Analysis," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2016_02, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
More about this item
Keywordscultural tourism; domestic tourism; World Heritage Sites; spatial interaction model; Italy; spatial competition;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2012-06-25 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2012-06-25 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-TUR-2012-06-25 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2012-06-25 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rim:rimwps:14_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco Savioli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcfeait.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.