Climate change and global international tourism: An evaluation for different scenarios
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacqueline M. Hamilton & Richard S.J. Tol, 2006.
"The Impact of Climate Change on Tourism in Germany, The UK and Ireland: A Simulation Study,"
WP174, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Jacqueline M. Hamilton & Richard S.J. Tol, 2006. "The Impact Of Climate Change On Tourism In Germany, The Uk And Ireland: A Simulation Study," Working Papers FNU-115, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Aug 2006.
- Jean-François Brun & Céline Carrère & Patrick Guillaumont & Jaime de Melo, 2015.
"Has Distance Died? Evidence from a Panel Gravity Model,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Developing Countries in the World Economy, chapter 13, pages 299-320,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jean-François Brun & Céline Carrère & Patrick Guillaumont & Jaime de Melo, 2005. "Has Distance Died? Evidence from a Panel Gravity Model," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 99-120.
- Brun, Jean-François & Carrère, Céline & de Melo, Jaime & Guillaumont, Patrick, 2002. "Has Distance Died? Evidence from a Panel Gravity Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 3500, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-François BRUN & Céline CARRERE & Jaime MELO DE & Patrick GUILLAUMONT, 2002. "Has Distance Died? Evidence from a Panel Gravity Model," Working Papers 200215, CERDI.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Salvador Gil‐Pareja & Rafael Llorca‐Vivero & José Antonio Martínez‐Serrano, 2007. "The Effect of EMU on Tourism," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 302-312, May.
- Michele FRATIANNI, 2007. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade," Working Papers 307, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H. & Egger, Peter, 2007. "A knowledge-and-physical-capital model of international trade flows, foreign direct investment, and multinational enterprises," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 278-308, November.
- Jacqueline M. Hamilton & David J. Maddison & Richard S.J. Tol, 2003. "Climate Change And International Tourism: A Simulation Study," Working Papers FNU-31, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Sep 2003.
- Christoph Vietze, 2012.
"Cultural Effects on Inbound Tourism into the USA: A Gravity Approach,"
Tourism Economics, , vol. 18(1), pages 121-138, February.
- Christoph Vietze, 2008. "Cultural Effects on Inbound Tourism into the USA: A Gravity Approach," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-037, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 2008. "FDI as an outcome of the market for corporate control: Theory and evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 2-20, January.
- María Santana‐Gallego & Francisco J. Ledesma‐Rodríguez & Jorge V. Pérez‐Rodríguez & Isabel Cortés‐Jiménez, 2010. "Does a Common Currency Promote Countries’ Growth via Trade and Tourism?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(12), pages 1811-1835, December.
- Jacqueline M. Hamilton & David J. Maddison & Richard S.J. Tol, 2004. "The Effects Of Climate Change On International Tourism," Working Papers FNU-36, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jan 2004.
- Johan Fourie & Maria Santana-Gallego, 2010. "The impact of mega-events on tourist arrivals," Working Papers 171, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Fukunari Kimura & Hyun-Hoon Lee, 2006. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade in Services," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 142(1), pages 92-121, April.
- Yair Eilat & Liran Einav, 2004. "Determinants of international tourism: a three-dimensional panel data analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(12), pages 1315-1327.
- David Karemera & Victor Iwuagwu Oguledo & Bobby Davis, 2000. "A gravity model analysis of international migration to North America," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(13), pages 1745-1755.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salvador Barrios & J. Ibañez, 2015.
"Time is of the essence: adaptation of tourism demand to climate change in Europe,"
Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 132(4), pages 645-660, October.
- Barrios, Salvador & Ibañez, J. Nicolás, 2014. "Time is of the Essence: Adaptation of Tourism Demand to Climate Change in Europe," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 165759, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Salvador Barrios & J. Nicolás Ibañez, 2014. "Time is of the Essence: Adaptation of Tourism Demand to Climate Change in Europe," Working Papers 2014.19, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Salvador Barrios & Juan Nicolas Ibañez Rivas, 2013. "Tourism demand, climatic conditions and transport costs: an integrated analysis for EU regions," JRC Working Papers JRC80898, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Rosselló-Nadal, Jaume, 2014. "How to evaluate the effects of climate change on tourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 334-340.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational tourism flows; Climate Change; Gravity model;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- F64 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Environment
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubi:deawps:52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xisco Oliver). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauibes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.