Editorial Ruminations: Publishing Kyklos
Scholars today are under increasing pressure to publish in A-journals, the main role of which consists in certifying that a paper meets traditional academic standards. Consequences of this pressure are multiple authorship, slicing of ideas and incentives to deviate from the truth. The overburdended reviewers? evaluations are characterized by selfish efforts to protect their intellectual capital and to avoid risk. The behaviour of editors much depends on whether there are a large or small number of editors. The editors of Kyklos respond to these developments by welcoming innovative papers that go beyond standardized orthodoxy.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Gellerstrasse 24, 4052 Basel|
Web page: http://www.crema-research.ch
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthias Helble, 2007. "Is God Good for Trade?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 385-413, 08.
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antić & Uwe Dulleck, 2008.
"Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who Is the Happiest of Them All?,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 309-319, 05.
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antic & Uwe Dulleck, 2007. "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the happiest of them all?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2007-16, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antic & Uwe Dulleck, 2007. "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, who is the Happiest of Them All?," NCER Working Paper Series 20, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- M . G. Quibria, 2006. "Does Governance Matter? Yes, No or Maybe: Some Evidence from Developing Asia," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 99-114, 02.
- M. G. Quibria, 2006. "Does Governance Matter? Yes, No or Maybe Some Evidence from Developing Asia," Development Economics Working Papers 22474, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- M. G. Quibria, 2006. "Does Governance Matter? Yes, No or Maybe - Some Evidence from Developing Asia," Working Papers 02-2006, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Hung-Lin Tao, 2008. "Attractive Physical Appearance vs. Good Academic Characteristics: Which Generates More Earnings?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 114-133, 02.
- Scott Beaulier & Bryan Caplan, 2007. "Behavioral Economics and Perverse Effects of the Welfare State," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(4), pages 485-507, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)