How does economic development in eastern Europe affect Austria's regions? A multiregional general equilibrium framework
This paper presents a framework for analysing the effects of economic development in Eastern Europe on Austria's regions. Therefore we concentrate on the effects of enhanced East-West trade, which results from the economic development in the transition countries. The analytical framework we use is a multiregional computable general equilibrium model for the Austrian economy. The model is based on an Arrow-Debreu-equilibrium. It contains the 9 Austrian Federal Provinces (NUTS-II) which are linked by trade flows with 4 of the Central and Eastern European countries and with the rest of the world. The simulation results of one trade scenario show how structural and welfare effects differ for the Austrian regions.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Mommsenstraße 13, 01062 Dresden|
Web page: https://tu-dresden.de/bu/verkehr/ivw?set_language=en
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harrison, Glenn W & Rutherford, Thomas F & Wooton, Ian, 1991. "An Empirical Database for a General Equilibrium Model of the European Communities," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 95-120.
- Ricahrd E. Baldwin & Joseph F. Francois & Richard Portes, 1997. "The costs and benefits of eastern enlargement: the impact on the EU and central Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 12(24), pages 125-176, 04.
- Leon Podkaminer & Hermine Vidovic & et al., 1998. "Transition Countries: External Deficits Lower than Feared," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 71(5), pages 319-338, May.
- Fullerton, Don & Shoven, John B. & Whalley, John, 1983.
"Replacing the U.S. income tax with a progressive consumption tax : A sequenced general equilibrium approach,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 3-23, February.
- Don Fullerton & John B. Shoven & John Whalley, 1982. "Replacing the U.S. Income Tax with a Progressive Consumption Tax: A Sequenced General Equilibrium Approach," NBER Working Papers 0892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keller, Wouter J., 1976. "A nested CES-type utility function and its demand and price-index functions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 175-186, February.
- Linda Hunter & James R. Markusen & Thomas F. Rutherford, 1991. "Trade liberalization in a multinational-dominated industry: a theoretical and applied general equilibrium analysis," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, pages 39-42.
- Linda Hunter & James R. Markusen & Thomas F. Rutherford, 1991. "Trade Liberalization in a Multinational-Dominated Industry: A Theoretical and Applied General-Equilibrium Analysis," NBER Working Papers 3679, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Richard E. & Venables, Anthony J., 1995. "Regional economic integration," Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1597-1644 Elsevier.
- Haaland, J.I. & Wooton, I., 1991. "Market Integration, Competition, and Welfare," Papers 499, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Haaland, J.I. & Wooton, I., 1992. "Market Integration, Competition, and Welfare," Papers 03-92, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Haaland, Jan I. & Wooton, Ian, 1991. "Market Integration, Competition and Welfare," CEPR Discussion Papers 574, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dawkins, Christina & Srinivasan, T.N. & Whalley, John, 2001. "Calibration," Handbook of Econometrics,in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 58, pages 3653-3703 Elsevier.
- Gerhard Palme, 1988. "Räumliche Entwicklungsmuster der österreichischen Industrie," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 61(8), pages 473-490, August.
- Robert Holzmann & Christian Thimann & Angela Petz, 1994. "Pressure to Adjust: Consequences for the OECD Countries from Reforms in Eastern Europe," International Trade 9403001, EconWPA.
- Jones, Rich & Whalley, John, 1988. "Regional effects of taxes in Canada : An applied general equilibrium approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-28, October.
- Rich Jones & John Whalley, 1986. "Regional Effects of Taxes in Canada: An Applied General Equilibrium Approach," NBER Working Papers 2107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ho, Mun S. & Jorgenson, Dale W., 1994. "Trade policy and U.S. economic growth," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 119-146, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tudiwv:199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.