O custo de transporte como barreira ao comércio na integração econômica: o caso do nordeste
[The cost of transportation as a barrier to trade in economic integration: the case of northeast]
The Brazilian integration strategy has been focused on agreements based upon North-South and South-South negotiations. However, this kind of negotiations face serious troubles to be done. Consequently, the option of the internal economic integration might be more viable in terms of social welfare gains and promotion of regional equity. To do this, an spatial applied general equilibrium model was elaborated for analyzing economic integration policies in the country. This model incorporates explicitly transport cost as a trade barrier. The model is specified for five Brazilian macro-regions and five external regions (Nafta, Asia, European Union, Alcsa and rest of the World). Several economic integration options were simulated in order to analyze what are the best ones for the country and for Nordeste, appraised in terms of economic efficiency and regional equity.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johannes BrÃcker, 1998. "original: Operational spatial computable general equilibrium modeling," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 367-387.
- Bröcker, Johannes & Schneider, Martin, 1999.
"How does economic development in eastern Europe affect Austria's regions? A multiregional general equilibrium framework,"
1/99, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Transportation and Traffic Sciences "Friedrich List", Institute for Transport and Economics.
- Johannes Bröcker & Martin Schneider, 2002. "How Does Economic Development in Eastern Europe Affect Austria's Regions? A Multiregional General Equilibrium Framework," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 257-285.
- Honório Kume & Pedro Miranda & Marta Reis Castilho, 2004.
"Acordo de Livre-Comércio Mercosul-União Européia : Uma Estimativa dos Impactos no Comércio Brasileiro,"
1054, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Honorio Kume & Guida Piani & Pedro Miranda & Marta Castilho, 2004. "Acordo De Livre Comércio Mercosul - União Européia: Uma Estimativa Dos Impactos No Comércio Brasileiro," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 082, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Márcia Batista da Fonseca & Alvaro Barrantes Hidalgo, 2004. "Os Impactos Da Alca Sobre As Exportações Agrícolas Brasileiras," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 059, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Eduardo Simoes de Almeida & Eduardo Amaral Haddad & Geoffrey Hewings, 2010. "Transport-Regional Equity Issue Revisited," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(10), pages 1387-1400.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31513. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.