How Does Economic Development in Eastern Europe Affect Austria's Regions? A Multiregional General Equilibrium Framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bröcker, Johannes & Schneider, Martin, 1999. "How does economic development in eastern Europe affect Austria's regions? A multiregional general equilibrium framework," Discussion Papers 1/99, Technische Universität Dresden, "Friedrich List" Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences, Institute of Transport and Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harrison, Glenn W & Rutherford, Thomas F & Wooton, Ian, 1991. "An Empirical Database for a General Equilibrium Model of the European Communities," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 95-120.
- Ricahrd E. Baldwin & Joseph F. Francois & Richard Portes, 1997. "The costs and benefits of eastern enlargement: the impact on the EU and central Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 12(24), pages 125-176, April.
- Leon Podkaminer & Hermine Vidovic & et al., 1998. "Transition Countries: External Deficits Lower than Feared," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 71(5), pages 319-338, May.
- Haaland, J.I. & Wooton, I., 1991. "Market Integration, Competition, and Welfare," Papers 499, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Jones, Rich & Whalley, John, 1988.
"Regional effects of taxes in Canada : An applied general equilibrium approach,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-28, October.
- Rich Jones & John Whalley, 1986. "Regional Effects of Taxes in Canada: An Applied General Equilibrium Approach," NBER Working Papers 2107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fullerton, Don & Shoven, John B. & Whalley, John, 1983.
"Replacing the U.S. income tax with a progressive consumption tax : A sequenced general equilibrium approach,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 3-23, February.
- Don Fullerton & John B. Shoven & John Whalley, 1982. "Replacing the U.S. Income Tax with a Progressive Consumption Tax: A Sequenced General Equilibrium Approach," NBER Working Papers 0892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linda Hunter & James R. Markusen & Thomas F. Rutherford, 1991.
"Trade liberalization in a multinational-dominated industry: a theoretical and applied general equilibrium analysis,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, pages 39-42.
- Linda Hunter & James R. Markusen & Thomas F. Rutherford, 1991. "Trade Liberalization in a Multinational-Dominated Industry: A Theoretical and Applied General-Equilibrium Analysis," NBER Working Papers 3679, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keller, Wouter J., 1976. "A nested CES-type utility function and its demand and price-index functions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 175-186, February.
- Ho, Mun S. & Jorgenson, Dale W., 1994. "Trade policy and U.S. economic growth," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 119-146, April.
- Baldwin, Richard E. & Venables, Anthony J., 1995. "Regional economic integration," Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1597-1644 Elsevier.
- Dawkins, Christina & Srinivasan, T.N. & Whalley, John, 2001. "Calibration," Handbook of Econometrics,in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 58, pages 3653-3703 Elsevier.
- Gerhard Palme, 1988. "Räumliche Entwicklungsmuster der österreichischen Industrie," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 61(8), pages 473-490, August.
- Robert Holzmann & Christian Thimann & Angela Petz, 1994. "Pressure to Adjust: Consequences for the OECD Countries from Reforms in Eastern Europe," International Trade 9403001, EconWPA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haddad, Eduardo A. & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 2005. "Market imperfections in a spatial economy: some experimental results," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 476-496, May.
- E.A. Haddad & J. Bonet & G.J.D. Hewings & F.S. Perobelli, 2009.
"Spatial aspects of trade liberalization in Colombia: A general equilibrium approach,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(4), pages 699-732, November.
- Eduardo Haddad & Jaime Bonet Moron & Geoffrey Hewings & Fernando Perobelli, 2008. "Spatial Aspects of Trade Liberalization in Colombia:A General Equilibrium Approach," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 004690, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Jaime Bonet & Geoffrey. J.D.Hewings & Fernando S Perobelli, 2008. "Spatial Aspects of Trade Liberalization in Colombia: A General Equilibrium Approach," Borradores de Economia 515, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Diana N. Elshahawany & Eduardo A. Haddd, Michael L. Lahr, 2015.
"The Potential Economic Impacts of the Proposed Development Corridor in Egypt: An Interregional CGE Approach,"
Working Papers, Department of Economics
2015_42, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Eduardo Amaral Haddad & Dina N. Elshahawany & Michael L. Lahr, 2016. "The Potential Economic Impacts Of The Proposed Development Corridor In Egypt: An Interregional Cge Approach," Anais do XLIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 43rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 171, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Jaime Bonet & Eduardo A. Haddad & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings & Fernando S. Perobelli, 2008.
"Efectos regionales de una mayor liberación comercial en Colombia: Una estimación con el Modelo CEER,"
DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO SOBRE ECONOMÍA REGIONAL Y URBANA
005004, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ECONOMÍA REGIONAL.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Jaime BonetGeoffrey J.D. Hewings & Fernando S. Perobelli, 2008. "Efectos regionales de una mayor liberación comercial en Colombia: Una estimación con el Modelo CEER," Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional y Urbana 104, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Roehlano Briones, 2015. "Impact assessment of national and regional policies using the Philippine Regional General Equilibrium model," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 51(1), pages 45-76, June.
- Eduardo Simões de Almeida, 2004. "A Duplicação Da Rodovia Fernão Dias: Uma Análise De Equilíbrio Geral," Anais do XXXII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 32nd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 130, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- James A. Giesecke & John R. Madden, 2013. "Evidence-based regional economic policy analysis: the role of CGE modelling," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 6(2), pages 285-301.
- Mayerhofer, Peter, 2002. "Austrian border regions and eastern integration: A low competitiveness - high growth paradoxon," HWWA Discussion Papers 202, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- De Almeida, Eduardo Simoes & Guilhoto, Joaquim, 2006.
"O Custo De Transporte Como Barreira Ao Comércio Na Integração Econômica: O Caso Do Nordeste,"
44th Congress, July 23-27, 2006, Fortaleza, CearÃ¡, Brazil
146589, Sociedade Brasileira de Economia, Administracao e Sociologia Rural (SOBER).
- Almeida, Eduardo Simões de & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2007.
"O custo de transporte como barreira ao comércio na integração econômica: o caso do nordeste
[The cost of transportation as a barrier to trade in economic integration: the case of northeast]," MPRA Paper 31513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Almeida, Eduardo Simões de & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2007. "O custo de transporte como barreira ao comércio na integração econômica: o caso do nordeste
- Anu Tokila & Mika Haapanen, 2012.
"Evaluation of Deadweight Spending in Regional Enterprise Financing,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(2), pages 185-201, May.
- Anu TOKILA & Mika HAAPANEN, "undated". "Evaluation of Deadweight Spending in Regional Enterprise Financing," EcoMod2009 21500088, EcoMod.
- Eduardo Simões de Almeida & Eduardo Amaral Haddad & Geoffrey John Dennis Hewings, 2003. "The Transport-Regional Equity Issue Revisited," Anais do XXXI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 31st Brazilian Economics Meeting] e33, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Almeida, Eduardo Simões de & Guilhoto, Joaquim José Martins, 2010.
"Is the truth out there? Avaliando as opções de integração econômica para o Brasil
[Is the truth out there? Evaluating the economic integration options for Brazil]," MPRA Paper 54443, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arne Melchior, 2009. "East-West Integration and the Economic Geography of Europe," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 0379, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Plassmann, Florenz, 2005. "The advantage of avoiding the Armington assumption in multi-region models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 777-794, November.
- Bert van Wee & Piet Rietveld, 2013. "CBA: ex ante evaluation of mega-projects," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Mega-Projects, chapter 12, pages 269-290 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Andrew Feltenstein & Florenz Plassmann, 2008. "The Welfare Analysis of a Free Trade Zone: Intermediate Goods and the Asian Tigers," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(7), pages 905-924, July.
- Martin Schneider, 1998. "A multiregional general equilibrium model of the Austrian economy: Effects of the catch-up process of the CEECs on the regional economy," ERSA conference papers ersa98p137, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:elg:eechap:14395_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhu, Xueqin & Van Ommeren, Jos & Rietveld, Piet, 2009. "Indirect benefits of infrastructure improvement in the case of an imperfect labor market," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 57-72, January.
- Jie Zhu & Ying Jin & Marcial Echenique, 2012. "Application of a new spatial computable general equilibrium model for assessing strategic transport and land use development options in London and surrounding regions," ERSA conference papers ersa12p931, European Regional Science Association.
- World Bank, 2008. "Brazil : Evaluating the Macroeconomic and Distributional Impacts of Lowering Transportation Costs," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8083, The World Bank.
More about this item
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jregsc:v:42:y:2002:i:2:p:257-285. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-4146 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.