Global trade and food safety - winners and losers in a fragmented system
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Antle, John M., 1999. "Benefits and costs of food safety regulation," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 605-623, December.
- Thornsbury, Suzanne & Roberts, Donna & DeRemer, Kate & Orden, David, 1997. "A First Step in Understanding Technical Barriers to Agricultural Trade," 1997 Conference, August 10-16, 1997, Sacramento, California 197066, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Neal H. HOOKER & Julie A. CASWELL, "undated".
"Regulatory Targets And Regimes For Food Safety: A Comparison Of North American And European Approaches,"
Department of Resource Economics Regional Research Project
9511, University of Massachusetts.
- Hooker, Neal H. & Caswell, Julie A., 1995. "Regulatory Targets And Regimes For Food Safety: A Comparison Of North American And European Approaches," The Economics of Reducing Health Risk from Food, June 6-7, 1995, Washington, D.C. 25964, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Roberts, Donna & Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Caswell, Julie A. & Sheldon, Ian M. & Wilson, John S. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Orden, David, 2001. "The Role Of Product Attributes In The Agricultural Negotiations," Commissioned Papers 14620, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Tsunehiro Otsuki & John S. Wilson, 2001. "What price precaution? European harmonisation of aflatoxin regulations and African groundnut exports," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(3), pages 263-284, October.
- Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S. & Sewadeh, Mirvat, 2001. "Saving two in a billion: : quantifying the trade effect of European food safety standards on African exports," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 495-514, October.
- Henson, Spencer & Caswell, Julie, 1999. "Food safety regulation: an overview of contemporary issues," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 589-603, December.
- Swann, Peter & Temple, Paul & Shurmer, Mark, 1996. "Standards and Trade Performance: The UK Experience," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1297-1313, September.
- Dawn D. Thilmany & Christopher B. Barrett, 1997. "Regulatory Barriers in an Integrating World Food Market," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 91-107.
- Petrey, L.A. & Johnson, R.W.M., 1993. "Agriculture in the Uruguay Round: Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Number 03), pages 1-10, December.
- Hooker, Neal H., 1999. "Food safety regulation and trade in food products," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 653-668, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olper, Alessandro & Raimondi, Valentina, 2008. "Agricultural market integration in the OECD: A gravity-border effect approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 165-175, April.
- Olper, Alessandro & Raimondi, Valentina, 2004. "The border effect in agricultural markets between European Union, OECD and LDC countries," 85th Seminar, September 8-11, 2004, Florence, Italy 37817, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wilson, John S. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro, 2004.
"To spray or not to spray: pesticides, banana exports, and food safety,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 131-146, April.
- Wilson, John S. & Tsunehiro Otsuki, 2002. "To spray or not to spray? - pesticides, banana exports, and food safety," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2805, The World Bank.
- Andy Thorpe & Catherine Robinson, 2004. "When goliaths clash: US and EU differences over the labeling of food products derived from genetically modified organisms," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 21(4), pages 287-298, January.
- Neeliah, Harris & Neeliah, Shalini Amnee, 2014. "Changing Agro-food Export Composition and SPS Compliance: Lessons for Mauritius," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-23.
- Yuan Li & John C. Beghin, 2017.
"A meta-analysis of estimates of the impact of technical barriers to trade,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Nontariff Measures and International Trade, chapter 4, pages 63-77
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Li, Yuan & Beghin, John C., 2012. "A meta-analysis of estimates of the impact of technical barriers to trade," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 497-511.
- Li, Yuan & Beghin, John C., 2010. "A Meta-Analysis of Estimates of the Impact of Technical Barriers to Trade," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31968, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lionel Fontagné & Friedrich von Kirchbach & Mondher Mimouni, 2005.
"An Assessment of Environmentally- related Non-tariff Measures,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(10), pages 1417-1439, October.
- Lionel Fontagné & Friedrich Von Kirchbach & Mondher Mimouni, 2005. "An Assessment of Environmentally-Related Non-Tariff Measures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00270512, HAL.
- Itzhak Goldberg & Lee Branstetter & John Gabriel Goddard & Smita Kuriakose, 2008. "Globalization and Ttechnology Absorption in Europe and Central Asia : The Role of Trade, FDI, and Cross-Border Knowledge Flows," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6445, November.
- Nyangito, Hezron Omare, 2004. "Performance of African Agricultural Exports and External Market Access Conditions under International Trade Reforms," 2004 Inaugural Symposium, December 6-8, 2004, Nairobi, Kenya 9518, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Olper, Alessandro & Raimondi, Valentina, 2005. "Access to OECD Agricultural Market: A Gravity Border Effect Approach," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24543, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gayi, Samuel K., 2006. "Does the WTO Agreement on Agriculture Endanger Food Security in Sub-Saharan Africa?," WIDER Working Paper Series 060, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsFood&Beverage Industry; Health Economics&Finance; Labor Policies; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; TF054105-DONOR FUNDED OPERATION ADMINISTRATION FEE INCOME AND EXPENSE ACCOUNT; Health Economics&Finance; Food&Beverage Industry; Economic Theory&Research;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2002-01-05 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2689. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.